Hawaii Introduces Bill To Ban Gay Conversion Therapy

Its up to parents to decide what's best for their kids.
that may suck.
and i understand your point.
But when it comes to therapy. I support the parents right to choose. Not state dictates contrary to the spirit of freedom.

This does not man i agree with it.

It just means i see the state as the coldest of cold monsters. Thus its dictates to parents 're their kids therapy. If that therapy is contrary to the current vogue and state popular whim or ideals. State coercion 're banning choices i find repulsive.

In regards to proof or lack of...'re harm.
we need to understand both sides here are ideologically driven. As such statistics like people if you torture the data long enough it will tell you what you want to hear.

Im an anarchist.
Thus is where im coming from.

As for the age of 21.

Nuts

if one is of the age to have sex. One should obviously be allowed to choose what therapy if any one feels themselves in need of.

The less state
the better.

Period.

But what our parents choose for us is not always what is best for us. Personally I believe the people that would choose to send their child to conversion therapy are psycho's!

Parents should be able to make educated choices on what to do with their children but if that choice is as barbaric as the above then that's child abuse. Plain and simple. These practices are cruel and inhumane and even have cost some children their life.

I fully support any ban on such horrendous 'treatments' such as this as NO ONE would choose that.

Live and let live regardless of your sexuality, gender, etc..

But what our parents choose for us is not always what is best for us. Personally I believe the people that would choose to send their child to conversion therapy are psycho's!

Parents should be able to make educated choices on what to do with their children but if that choice is as barbaric as the above then that's child abuse. Plain and simple. These practices are cruel and inhumane and even have cost some children their life.

I fully support any ban on such horrendous 'treatments' such as this as NO ONE would choose that.

Live and let live regardless of your sexuality, gender, etc..

Hi Imaisie always a pleasure to chat with you....,-)

Indeed what our parents choose for us isn't always the best for us.
Same goes even more so with politicians with an agenda that truth be told isn't the one it appears to be,
I think those who force implant their kids are psychos too.

But

Lucky for them. My professional medical opinion means squat, and Us Deaf don't have the means to stop them..and in their benevolent eyes we mean squat anyway, so tough for us.....

But psychos indeed. I grant

Here's the plm with the idea of this procedure being barbaric, as I see it

The goal posts have changed and will change due to political whim to such an extant it's hard to even fathom what declaring it barbaric even means.

What was considered barbaric and normal 100 years or 50 years or 30 years or 20 years ago even has changed by political whim. Not because such changes are good. Sure some are but that's the smoke and mirrors. Don't fall for it. They change always for the simple fact that every time the goal post do change. Under pretexts of more freedom, state power actually increases.

The idea that banning certain therapies is a case in point.

That's an increase in state power. Of course the state and politicians with an agenda which is not your own will seek and wish such. Banning something, is criminalizing something, criminalizing something by the very definition is an increase in state power.

Be the thing banned therapies, of what ever pet flavour or CI for that matter

I posted a link in this thread of a related issue which discusses facts and harm and it seems though I'm not surprised it's been conveniently ignored for discussion.

The facts or harm or facts declared regarding the harm in this issue are far more ideologically driven then most would like to admit on all sides.

That is a plm.

Are parents wishing to change their children via therapy to a certain sexual orientation any more barbaric then parents wishing to change their children via ci to assimilition?

In the first the state is moving to increase its power re criminalizing ie banning, in the second their is a multi billion dollar industry founded and funded with the goal to rid the world of people like us, which is lauded, supported and pushed, against our wishes, from the start, we hardly stood a chance

It's an Interesting question. In both I see an increase of state power, in the first it's overt, ie criminaliziion. the second it's more covert, assimilition in any from forced is an increase of power that the state in the end through cultural means ie the dominant hearing culture assimilating us against our wishes will benefit from.

Parents children are theirs not the states. But even though indeed that's true, children are their own even before they are the parents. Thus the idea of consent. In regards to procedures that are irreversible. If consent cannot or will not be given. I strongly hold freedom to dictate it then should not be done. Regardless of what ever flash and crash snake oil high tech or cultural genocidists wish.

A persons body and mind is theirs not the states contrary to many many many people's claims.

True freedom
Real freedom is a very sharp two edged sword and that freedom cuts both ways. And it starts and remains true freedom by accepting the very simple statement above.

I oppose any and all increase in state power. That means banning and prohibiting therapies which I may not agree with, or fast cars I love to drive though granted are not allowed on the road. or smokes I may not smoke, or drugs I happen to use, or large sodas I do not drink, or even as much as it hurts to state, ci

Because,
Freedom means just that.

I draw the line when it comes to those who cannot choose.
Ie babies. Or unable to choose what they wish to do with their minds or bodies.

A line must be drawn someplace that's where I draw it.

If one cannot consent, then it should not be forced or done.

And we can have great chats of the nuances and details of such.

As for the idea NO One would choose such a therapy

Girl......

I've been In this world long enough to know,

Human beings will never cease to surprise you....for the worse

Gotta light?

Last edited:
Back