Having friends who aren't religious - ok with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liza

Reaction score
Are you willing to be friends with others who aren't religious as you are, but you know they aren't interested in anything religious?

I was just thinking of this.. because last fall at a Deaf festival I met a couple of very nice ladies who are JWs. I don't know if they wanna be friends if I'm not interested in JW. It's not just JW, religion's not my thing, but I accept that it is some of my friends' thing.

I have lots of friends who doesn't go to church and some have nothing to do with religions. Like I ve been saying, english is one of the poorest language which lead lot of confusion. Friend has many diffetrent meaning. For example, scriptures said friends of the world is enemy of God and the other says, how can you fellowshiping the unbelievers and other scriptures. The meaning is this, as christians are responsible to be influence, not influence by the world or compromise the world's ways. If christians draw the line, then christian testimonies is poor. Our job is living testimony and God dos the rest.

Yes, as long as they are not troublemakers and I can hang out with them and they have a chance to hear about accepting Jesus Christ into their heart. It is up to them.

Of course, as long as they're not killers...:bowdown:

Yes, I have non-Christian friends. I just don't have the same deep relationship with them that I do with brothers and sisters in Christ.

Doesn't matter to me.. as long respect each other... don't preaching awful lot.. That make them tick off..
I do not want that way.. as long please respect each other would be great and fine along..

Yes, I have friends of a different faith, but like Reba said, I don't think I would have that deeper understanding of them if they follow a specific religion. One thing I cannot stand though is for a friend to try "converting" me - if I'm interested, I would allow it, but if I'm not, I make it very clear in the beginning of the friendship to begin with. :)

I am an agnostic, so it really doesn't matter to me what faith that my friends follow - like said earlier, as long as they're good people and not hardened criminals, then it's all good! ;)

Helps if they have a good sense of humour, too. ;)

Doesn't matter to me.. as long respect each other... don't preaching awful lot.. That make them tick off..
I do not want that way.. as long please respect each other would be great and fine along..

Agreed! It doesn't matter to me either, as long they don't worship Satan.

I don't think that religion should be a factor in friendship. Everyone is different. If I expected everyone to be religious, I wouldn't have any friends. :roll:

I don't mind acceptin' you as a friend. You are more than welcome to be my friend anytime, my dear. Bein' religious or not, it's fine by me. :)

I accept for who they are. But bear in mind, to them, their religious comes first than FAMILY and Friends and even their Jobs.

Its not really same closeness bond, as they view me as "Outsider" unless I join their religious IMO.

I care about them, as I respect but not accept their ideas.

Everyone's cool as long as they keep their religious stuff out of my hair. It gets annoying after awhile if they say god more than once a day around me, or mention religious stuff. I enjoy a debate about it as long as people keep an open mind and don't act as if their knowledge and say is absoulte.

I went to church with a friend before, I felt so out of place and kind of unclean for some reason and thought the people who got up to clap/sway to gospells were silly, they seemed really absorbed into it heh... I was glad to get out of the place when it was over. In terms of heebie-jeebie-ness Church beats a hospitil. I'd feel more at peace hanging around a really old cementary.

For me, I am having no problem with friends who are not religious or religious. Religious or not, I expect to for both of us to treat each other with the respect as long as the boundaries are not crossed. If you wanted to treat someone the same way you want to be treated, then it should be fine.

At the same time, I do keep an open mind to see how it is when I'm around the religious people. It's quite interesting to see a thing or two when you do keep an open mind.

I am not religous and I hope my religous friends dont mind me as a friend. Usually they are humble about their beliefs. I am not friends with religous fanatics who include God in every conversations, who think I should be saved, and try to force their beliefs on me. I just cant get along with people like that..I will respect their beliefs and would NEVER force my beliefs on them. I expect the same from them but if they cant respect that, then I wont be interested in getting to know them more. Doesnt mean I hate them or look down on them..just means I dont have much in common with them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back