Have you sold anything from Ebay ??

Y

Reaction score
Have you sold anything from Ebay ?? Did you have
any problems selling anything on Ebay ?

Any tips that we should know before selling anything ?

Reason: My brother is going to sell his used bike (Merckx)
and he wanted me to try to sell it through Ebay so
I try to get some tips ( i cannot help feeling nervous
about selling anything through Ebay because I heard
some fraud problems with Ebay )....

eh I haven't sell anything on ebay but my bro usually get cds and whatever from ebay but u'll sure get posts from other people who are experienced with ebay internet ;)

yeah, it looks like more people buy something
from ebay rather than wasting time going to
many stores looking for the exact brand name etc...

i love ebay...ive gotten many things from ebay..... ive never sold anything....but plan on doing that soon and i am a little nervous about it myself.....so hopefully someone who has sold on ebay will give those who havent some advice..etc
:D

When I cleaned my college room and moved to my flat, I sold a lot of things on eBay, and did not have any problems with it at all. I sold my textbooks, I sold my games, etc...

But a bike, yikes... you have to think about how to transport it or if you want to sell it locally only, so that a person could come to pick it up. If you are "mailing" it, have to find out how much it costs to send, and let the bidders know in advance about arrangements for picking up bike.

Good luck!

Originally posted by ShEiLdTaLiSmAn
no its because its cheaper. :D

yes prostock, ur a crazy buyer. :D

Cheaper ? sometimes, but NOT always... i even found a
precision mini digital camera at another place
cheaper than the ones from Ebay....

Originally posted by kuifje75
When I cleaned my college room and moved to my flat, I sold a lot of things on eBay, and did not have any problems with it at all. I sold my textbooks, I sold my games, etc...

But a bike, yikes... you have to think about how to transport it or if you want to sell it locally only, so that a person could come to pick it up. If you are "mailing" it, have to find out how much it costs to send, and let the bidders know in advance about arrangements for picking up bike.

Good luck!

oh yeah thanks for the reminder ... gotta check about the
shipping/delivery situation... someone just mentioned that
the buyer usually pay for the shipping fees...

Yes, the buyer is responsible, but it would encourage more buyers to bid on your product if you knew beforehand what you would do with the shipping option, instead of just leaving it out to the end. Nobody like surprise charges in the end.

Originally posted by kuifje75
Yes, the buyer is responsible, but it would encourage more buyers to bid on your product if you knew beforehand what you would do with the shipping option, instead of just leaving it out to the end. Nobody like surprise charges in the end.
:werd:

It depends how much he's selling for, if its like $500 or more...I would suggest him to only accept money orders/Cashier Check - NO personal checks because they can send you bad check also you would want to wait for the check to clear first before ship it to bidder...so either way, if he accepts personal check, its better to wait at least 2 weeks to clear to make sure check is good first then ship it to bidder, suppose the check is no good and he'll have to post on ebay again to sell...So I would only accept Money Order/Cashier Check. He need to receive Money Order/Cashier Check FIRST before ship the item to bidder. Also always make sure to give plenty details about the item if necessary so the more chance bidders will bid to buy item from him. Also always INCLUDE shipping charges so they will know how much it is for shipping charges before bidding it. If I see theres no shipping charges information there, I wont bid because I don't like surprises I must know before bid it. And....if possible, include picture of item as well. Hope that helps. :)

I have been sell mostly of time, and I buy some from ebay. I have 64 stars. :mrgreen:

so far, I ONLY have one problem with buyers who never reply my email about the payment due. But, I did receive this person's payment very late.

Very important what words you want to put the subject where the buyers want to find when he/she use the engine search to find what product they want to look. For example, if they sell digital camera, they don't usually use 'digital camera' but more like brand with megapixel (mp) number that way they will know the simple describle before they are interest to click your product.

I've bought a lot of things from eBay. I do plan on selling some things after I graduate.

Back