Have you sold anything from Ebay ??

Originally posted by ~Heather~
It depends how much he's selling for, if its like $500 or more...I would suggest him to only accept money orders/Cashier Check - NO personal checks because they can send you bad check also you would want to wait for the check to clear first before ship it to bidder...so either way, if he accepts personal check, its better to wait at least 2 weeks to clear to make sure check is good first then ship it to bidder, suppose the check is no good and he'll have to post on ebay again to sell...So I would only accept Money Order/Cashier Check. He need to receive Money Order/Cashier Check FIRST before ship the item to bidder. Also always make sure to give plenty details about the item if necessary so the more chance bidders will bid to buy item from him. Also always INCLUDE shipping charges so they will know how much it is for shipping charges before bidding it. If I see theres no shipping charges information there, I wont bid because I don't like surprises I must know before bid it. And....if possible, include picture of item as well. Hope that helps. :)

yeah, thats very helpful thanks a million ! how can i figure out
the shipping costs ? i brought the bike to the post office and
asked them how much exactly for the shipping cost... they said
i must know which zip code to mail it toward... but the
problem is that i do NOT know yet who will buy the bike
from which state/zip code ... so thats why i could NOT
figure out the shipping cost UNTIL i know which final
bidder's zip code .... well... hope u understand that
i'm having a difficult time figure out the exact shipping cost.
Does this make any sense ?

p.s. i wonder if you already sold anything thru ebay ?
if so, what stuff did you sell ?

Originally posted by illustrator
I have been sell mostly of time, and I buy some from ebay. I have 64 stars. :mrgreen:

so far, I ONLY have one problem with buyers who never reply my email about the payment due. But, I did receive this person's payment very late.

Very important what words you want to put the subject where the buyers want to find when he/she use the engine search to find what product they want to look. For example, if they sell digital camera, they don't usually use 'digital camera' but more like brand with megapixel (mp) number that way they will know the simple describle before they are interest to click your product.

Yeah, that's a good point !!

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
sure I have and so have my friends just PM me if any questions okay :)

ok i'll try sometime whenever i get the chance on PM, thkx

Originally posted by Y

you can simple look at www.usps.com to find the find the information. Or you can make some little research over ebay.com who sell bike just about same as your, you may get some idea how much it cost for s&h.

And.. for personal check, here is quick tip, simple go to your bank and make check into cash instead deposit to your account. More quick, and the bank will push on other bank for $$. That's what I do. So far, I never have problem with personal check as I accept it.

good idea about cashing personal check first....!

It didn't work for me about cashing a personal check. I got my account deducted for that bad personal check... that was like 250 dollars. :( It's my loss.

What I did, is just what you do. I cashed the personal check and then deposit the cash, but still I lost the $$. I suggest you go to to a public Check-Cashing service (not a bank) and get the personal check cashed then go to your bank to deposit it or whatever you want to do with that $$. That way the Check-Cashing service won't know which bank you have your checking or saving account is at. Get my idea?

Originally posted by ChelEler
It didn't work for me about cashing a personal check. I got my account deducted for that bad personal check... that was like 250 dollars. :( It's my loss.

What I did, is just what you do. I cashed the personal check and then deposit the cash, but still I lost the $$. I suggest you go to to a public Check-Cashing service (not a bank) and get the personal check cashed then go to your bank to deposit it or whatever you want to do with that $$. That way the Check-Cashing service won't know which bank you have your checking or saving account is at. Get my idea?

No, bad idea to cash check at Check-Cashing place because they can get YOU to pay them back, they will mail you letter or call you to tell you that the check is bad and wants you pay them. So, No-No. Only accept Money Orders/Cashier Check. :D

you can try use paypal.com for quick payment by use credit card.

but, that website will take small fee from your money. :|

you can simple look at www.usps.com to find the find the information. Or you can make some little research over ebay.com who sell bike just about same as your, you may get some idea how much it cost for s&h.

And.. for personal check, here is quick tip, simple go to your bank and make check into cash instead deposit to your account. More quick, and the bank will push on other bank for $$. That's what I do. So far, I never have problem with personal check as I accept it.

It still won't work anyway. Because if you cash check even not deposit in your account. YOU must have an account at bank in order to cash the check as far as I know. Most banks require that you must already have an account with that bank to be able to cash the check. They will still deduct funds out of your account if the check happen to be bad and you lose the funds. Please correct me if Im wrong. :D

you can try use paypal.com for quick payment by use credit card.

but, that website will take small fee from your money. :|

If you have paypal account, once you got funds from someone into your paypal, when its good & clear, transfer paypal funds into your checking account immediately. So nothing will happen to funds on paypal account if something goes wrong. :)

Originally posted by Y

Well, my boyfriend sells stuff on ebay...mostly computers stuff. :D

If you have paypal account, once you got funds from someone into your paypal, when its good & clear, transfer paypal funds into your checking account immediately. So nothing will happen to funds on paypal account if something goes wrong. :)

yeah, it take bit long before transfer to your bank account...

yeah, it take bit long before transfer to your bank account...

Yeah, I think it takes 3-5 business days to transfer funds from paypal into checking account.

And, I'd like to add, if they can pay for the item supposedly $200, why can't they send you money order or cashier check if they have money for it. You know? So if I was you, I will NOT accept Personal Check, period. Its less hassle to deal with if just accept money order or cashier check. :)

No, bad idea to cash check at Check-Cashing place because they can get YOU to pay them back, they will mail you letter or call you to tell you that the check is bad and wants you pay them. So, No-No. Only accept Money Orders/Cashier Check. :D

Good point, however it didn't happened to me in the past when I was cashing other personal checks, not this particular bad personal check. Thanks for the advice though. :D

My brother do sells a lot things on eBay. He sold a lot of basketball cards. I learned from him that you must always put the reasonable prices starting for a bid like a Shaq O'Neal card (Worth about 15 bucks) for about 1.25 because it would increase more buyers to get it.

i havent sold anything i have bought some, im catious on what i buy due to hot items there have been known to sell stolen stuff on ebays so be careful how u sell urs

most time I buy stuffs from eBay. Never try sell anything on the online. my roomate did it before. so far he have no problem for being seller/buyer.

i've bought couple of dvd's from Ebay for a great amount of deal. I was extremely satisfed with their service. fast, smooth transcation and fast delivery!!!

Back