Hating to use "spoken" English?

Youngest I've heard was at 8 1/2 months done in Ohio.

Some hearing people do speak with a "lisp"...the word deaf and death....is hard for them to pronounce correctly. Hearing people also have speech impediments, as one of my sons did.

Sorry to jump in on your threat I am a hearing person with something to day about CIs don't worry I'm not pushing them on something first off the thought of a CI is scary and i think I would rather be deaf having some item implanted in your brain not for me also I have worked with babied with CIS they get them very very very young like 3-4 months old and even then they struggle with ways to verbalize and learn speech its also confusing for them because some times they can hear some times they can't I am so not part or the CI band wagon, in my opinion if you want to go voice off go voice off the people around you will learn to communicate with you and respect your wishes if you show them that is truly what you want.

In what capacity have you worked with children with CI's? It seems highly unlikely a child would be implanted at "3 or 4 months" given that FDA reccomendations stand at 12 months, and regardless... The child would need to trial hearing aids for a reasonable period of time before they even start the process to see if they are a candidate.

I think there must have been some misunderstanding between you and the parents (?).

Back