Gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOW we're getting a little bit more information. Air Force failed to enter the domestic violence conviction into federal database. However... Texas denied his permit to carry a gun in Texas... so we need to find out what's the reason for rejecting his permit.

NOW we're getting a little bit more information. Air Force failed to enter the domestic violence conviction into federal database. However... Texas denied his permit to carry a gun in Texas... so we need to find out what's the reason for rejecting his permit.

I'm surprised this system is spotty.

I'm surprised this system is spotty.
no it's not spotty. it's pretty solid. when a system is solid and a criminal was able to obtain it... it's usually because of human error. so far - what I'm seeing is that Air Force failed to input his criminal conviction into system and Texas denied his license to carry because he did not complete the requirements.

nothing spotty about the system. only a disastrous case of human error.

no it's not spotty. it's pretty solid. when a system is solid and a criminal was able to obtain it... it's usually because of human error. so far - what I'm seeing is that Air Force failed to input his criminal conviction into system and Texas denied his license to carry because he did not complete the requirements.

nothing spotty about the system. only a disastrous case of human error.

Well, the human error make the system spotty, also I know it wasn't technical error.

To run the system perfectly so humans need to be competent to make work.

I'm just means that system is neglected.

again.... we need to wait and let them investigate. did he buy gun with stolen identity? did gun store seller break the law? we don't know.
So how many mass shootings do we have to have in the U.S. before something is done? Sunday's shooting was the 377th mass shooting of the year. What is the magic number we have to reach? We don't have to wait for all the facts to come in on this latest shooting, we already have 376 others to tell us something needs to be done. We have a dis functional Congress that is being controlled by the special interests and the lobbyist and could really care less about the people of the United States or their safety, it's sad, but true!

You are angry. We are angry. We wood much rather have the laws behind us to protect ourselves. Instead of against us. You keep looping the same old thing. You can always move out of country of your choice to "feel" safe. Do it!. You said 90% wants UBC. It seems to be 5-1 or 4-1 in here. Thats not 90% for UBC. Your beloved stats are B.S.

You are angry. We are angry. We wood much rather have the laws behind us to protect ourselves. Instead of against us. You keep looping the same old thing. You can always move out of country of your choice to "feel" safe. Do it!. You said 90% wants UBC. It seems to be 5-1 or 4-1 in here. Thats not 90% for UBC. Your beloved stats are B.S.

You and @seb are free to have your own views, so some people don't agree with you or Seb, so can't please everyone.

Seb was born in US and he is free to disagree with our country's political system, that's fine with us, even same goes with you. The US Constitution can be changing anytime with new amendment that require supermajority (2/3 and 3/4) in US senate and state legislature, however changing the constitution isn't easier, so politicians used court to influence on our constitution. It isn't necessary to tell him to move out of country and he has families in US, also it is hard to immigrate in other countries, so it is just like winning the lottery.

I'm taking no side from you or Seb.

It isn't good idea to debate about gun issues when we had massacre in the church, so that's sad for our nation, however feel free to update about news that related to shooter.

Last edited:
So how many mass shootings do we have to have in the U.S. before something is done? Sunday's shooting was the 377th mass shooting of the year. What is the magic number we have to reach? We don't have to wait for all the facts to come in on this latest shooting, we already have 376 others to tell us something needs to be done. We have a dis functional Congress that is being controlled by the special interests and the lobbyist and could really care less about the people of the United States or their safety, it's sad, but true!
The fact is, current gun laws, IF FOLLOWED, would have prevented the shooter from making any legal purchases.

The fact is, passing more restrictive laws would NOT have made one bit of difference in this church shooting.

The fact is, more restrictive laws COULD have prevented the civilian hero from being able to confront the church shooter.

If you attempt to take the AR-15's from the criminals, you take them away from the defensive heroes.

The fact is, current gun laws, IF FOLLOWED, would have prevented the shooter from making any legal purchases.

The fact is, passing more restrictive laws would NOT have made one bit of difference in this church shooting.

The fact is, more restrictive laws COULD have prevented the civilian hero from being able to confront the church shooter.

If you attempt to take the AR-15's from the criminals, you take them away from the defensive heroes.

You're saying I should follow the rules? Me? Me???

In this case with the current laws on the books, yes, but in the Las Vegas shooter no. As to more restrictive laws making a difference we will never know and your comment is total speculation. The criminal background check as it stands today is basically a joke; you can have a person who never having been incarcerated, yet is as crazy as a bedbug, still be able to buy a gun. We have had 377 mass shootings in the U.S. so far in 2017, enough is enough! As to the civilian who shot the shooter, I wouldn't classify the guy as a hero, a hero would of gone inside the church and shot him there. He waited until the guy came out of the church after 20 minutes and engaged him as he came outside. Yes, it's good that he got him, he saved the taxpayers a lot of money,but he himself said he's no hero! You take away the AR-15's from the criminals and you don't have to worry about a defensive hero having a similar weapon.

So I guess none of the gun lovers use any handguns, rifles or shotguns anymore, or do you have to pepper your target with shots from your semi automatic hoping one will eventually hit something vital?

Oh I'm not angry, I'm mystified that with all these mass shootings(377 so far in 2017) our do nothing Congress has done nothing! The Texas legislator who said we need to pray for the victims and have more armed people in churches is a moron! These victims were in church, they were praying and they still got shot and some got killed! Perhaps Congress should pass a law that everyone including children should have to have a firearm and carry it at all times, I'm sure the firearms manufacturers would be overjoyed and more than happy to crank up production to meet the need! What will eventually happen is more of our rights will be taken away so the minority of citizens who own guns can still have them. By the way, The surveys were conducted by pollsters such as: Gallup, NY Times, CBS News, etc.

Seb, you got your facts wrong. The man went out immediately. He was a former NRA instructor, and aimed for the gap in the ballistic vest.

Maybe someday you'll realize that Congress isn't God.

Seb, you got your facts wrong. The man went out immediately. He was a former NRA instructor, and aimed for the gap in the ballistic vest.
I just watched him on the news. He said people in the church were friends of his and with each shot he knew someone had been shot and as Kelley exited the church, he shot him. If these facts are wrong than the guy who shot him doesn't know what happened!

Maybe someday you'll realize that Congress isn't God.
If you don't realize that we have a dis functional, do nothing Congress, then it answers a lot of questions. They are far from being God like! You do realize that the United States Congress has a 10% approval rating don't you? So I think 90% of Americans share my view!

I learned from someone who was in military that this is how they handle it for dishonorable discharge. this is his exact quote -

No back ground check was required. But who ever was responsible to enter and report needs a demotion. However, a bad conduct discharge in and of itself should have raised flags. My experience in the military was they went out of the way to make a discharge a general or medical discharge. You really had to be extreme to have a bad conduct stick.

so beating a son, nearly cracking his skull opened and beating his wife and being in brig for a year are not extreme enough? oh boy.... oh boy.....

So I guess none of the gun lovers use any handguns, rifles or shotguns anymore, or do you have to pepper your target with shots from your semi automatic hoping one will eventually hit something vital?
that's what a shotgun is for :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back