Gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm not alone, polls have shown almost 90% of Americans want gun control.

Your statement isn’t relevant to link that I gave to you.

Liberal gunowners avoid NRA and they don’t get along with conservative gunowners, that’s not same as in 1994. I’m sure that Reba know about both sides.

Dr. Jiro is going to help with you and just listen to him.

Your statement isn’t relevant to link that I gave to you.

Liberal gunowners avoid NRA and they don’t get along with conservative gunowners, that’s not same as in 1994. I’m sure that Reba know about both sides.

Dr. Jiro is going to help with you and just listen to him.

Sorry your not going to change my mind about gun control. When you're talking about a weapon that can kill it needs to be regulated. This isn't the 1780's or even the 1880's anymore, today people are buying weapons that can kill or wound hundreds of innocent people in a matter of minutes and the brakes need to be put on. And as I said I'm not alone some polls have shown that almost 90% want gun control. And yes, I've heard it before; if you take away the guns from the law abiding citizens only the criminals will have guns and I have asked both Jiro and Reba where these guns they are getting are coming from and they don't seem to know or don't want to answer.

I got it with a Google search, you can do the same or should I have said "google and any news source of your choosing." Sound familiar?
you posted with a link and made a claim that 90% wanted gun control. I have found nothing in your source. I can only surmise that you have pulled it out of your ass.

So how do they get them and where do they come from?
:dunno:

they're criminals. criminals can find anything from anywhere. same for drug, prostitution, fraud, etc. that's why it makes no sense to create more and more laws that penalize law-abiding citizens. when are we ever gonna focus on criminals instead of law-abiding citizens?

you know what? if you truly believe that law-abiding citizens cannot be trusted and they must be regulated based on the assumption that they will be criminals - just ban everything, enact curfew, allow complete & unwarranted surveillance. that should make you feel all warm and comfortable, right?

-Since the vehicle won't be able to enter in the first place, you don't really have to worry about getting out of the way of anything do you, so there really is no perfect kill zone anymore.

a perfect kill zone is a busy day anywhere in NYC. there are hundreds of people walking on street. just plow them down like this

new-york-time-square-nyc-advertising-ads-crowd-people-many-usa-america-BDM670.jpg

Sorry your not going to change my mind about gun control. When you're talking about a weapon that can kill it needs to be regulated. This isn't the 1780's or even the 1880's anymore, today people are buying weapons that can kill or wound hundreds of innocent people in a matter of minutes and the brakes need to be put on. And as I said I'm not alone some polls have shown that almost 90% want gun control. And yes, I've heard it before;
i'm all for gun control law as long as it makes sense and it focuses on criminals instead of law-abiding citizens.

if you take away the guns from the law abiding citizens only the criminals will have guns and I have asked both Jiro and Reba where these guns they are getting are coming from and they don't seem to know or don't want to answer.
maybe this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

:dunno:

they're criminals. criminals can find anything from anywhere. same for drug, prostitution, fraud, etc. that's why it makes no sense to create more and more laws that penalize law-abiding citizens. when are we ever gonna focus on criminals instead of law-abiding citizens?

you know what? if you truly believe that law-abiding citizens cannot be trusted and they must be regulated based on the assumption that they will be criminals - just ban everything, enact curfew, allow complete & unwarranted surveillance. that should make you feel all warm and comfortable, right?

Come on you can do better than this! More of your nonsense and not wanting to give answers that shows that gun control legislation is needed that will curtail guns from getting into the hands of people who shouldn't have them. I have never said that law abiding citizens cannot be trusted the problem here is the so called "law abiding citizens" that can't be trusted and skirt the worthless background check that is currently in place!

i'm all for gun control law as long as it makes sense and it focuses on criminals instead of law-abiding citizens.

maybe this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal
Sorry, you can't have one without the other, but if you're truly law-abiding you would have nothing to worry about.

It's called a sting operation and is a common law enforcement practice. It's not the gun smugglers that you have to worry about it's the FFl's that account for almost 60% of the illegal guns on the street.

Last edited:
a perfect kill zone is a busy day anywhere in NYC. there are hundreds of people walking on street. just plow them down like this

new-york-time-square-nyc-advertising-ads-crowd-people-many-usa-america-BDM670.jpg
As I said earlier the more you want it to look like a fortress, the more it will become like a fortress! Right now it's open space, wait until they put the concrete walls up and the barricades at the entrances to the sidewalks. Also wait until we have to pass through metal detectors to go anywhere and the cost to build buildings skyrockets because they have to install bullet proof glass in all the windows!

you posted with a link and made a claim that 90% wanted gun control. I have found nothing in your source. I can only surmise that you have pulled it out of your ass.
What link did I post?

It's a wee bit off-topic, but I had a heckuva week. I went on the road and I couldn't believe how many of my friends had guns. Even those who had them illegally believe they have a right to them. It is deeply ingrained in us Americans.

. . .
So where do the guns that people get illegally come from? I've asked you this several times and you have never answered it.
Yes, I did answer. I asked you to identify who they are. I can't tell you where "people" got their guns. You need to give me some names. Then I can look them up. There is no category called "people" and where they all get their guns.

In general, if a gun is acquired illegally it means possibly straw purchases, buying stolen guns, stealing the guns, or falsifying information. I can't give a specific answer until you ask a specific question.

Yes, I did answer. I asked you to identify who they are. I can't tell you where "people" got their guns. You need to give me some names. Then I can look them up. There is no category called "people" and where they all get their guns.

In general, if a gun is acquired illegally it means possibly straw purchases, buying stolen guns, stealing the guns, or falsifying information. I can't give a specific answer until you ask a specific question.
Funny, that's how I found the information putting in where do crooks get their guns for example.

Funny, that's how I found the information putting in where do crooks get their guns for example.
so basically... no source at all

Sorry, you can't have one without the other, but if you're truly law-abiding you would have nothing to worry about.

It's called a sting operation and is a common law enforcement practice. It's not the gun smugglers that you have to worry about it's the FFl's that account for almost 60% of the illegal guns on the street.
but this was a very reckless one and cops were killed by guns they sold to cartels. the worst part? the government tried to cover it up and use this as a rallying cry for more gun control laws.

OK, quit playing games. I answered your question the best I could with what little information you provided. Apparently you don't really want to know anything but just want to yank my chain.

I just looked back - http://www.alldeaf.com/threads/gun-control.129878/page-10#post-2520355

you responded to foxrac's post and claimed that 90% wants gun control. I disliked this new AD design. It's very hard for me to follow a thread and keep track of discussion.
That was his link, not mine. Here is one that shows 90% of Americans are in favor of universal background checks for all firearm sales and one of the Gallup polls on gun control.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...americans-support-background-checks-all-gun-/

http://news.gallup.com/poll/1645/guns.aspx

Last edited:
OK, quit playing games. I answered your question the best I could with what little information you provided. Apparently you don't really want to know anything but just want to yank my chain.
You keep posting that law abiding citizens aren't the problem and if the guns were taken away only the outlaws would have guns. Nobody is talking about taking all guns away. The question I have asked you and Jiro over and over with no answer is where are these crooks getting their guns? I was hoping you would do some research and find out exactly where they are getting them. Well 56% are buying them from legal sources FFL's who carry a Federal Firearms License to legally sell guns, 15% get the guns as a gift, 10% borrow it, 8% traded for it, 5% say they stole the gun and the other 6% get it from straw sales. All in all 8% of the nations gun dealers sell the majority of guns used in the commission of a crime.

Sadly another mass shooting happened today in a Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas today, killing 26 and wounding 20 others. The shooter was identified as Devin Patrick Kelley a 26 year old who served in the U.S. Air Force and was dis honorably discharged. He used a semi automatic rifle, wore a ballistic vest and fled the scene being chased by a neighbor who shot him as he exited the church and then gave chase as Mr. Kelley fled in his car. His car later crashed and the shooter was dead behind the wheel.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/us/church-shooting-texas.html

And yes, it's reported that the weapon used was a Ruger AR 556 weapon with a high capacity magazine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back