Guests breaking furniture

Well see about that! I found a good quality TV stand with storage compartments for the TV in our bedroom on CL a few years ago. I made my husband drive over 50 miles on steep and narrow dirt roads on high mountain to get it.

Another time, I found an used RV for a good price on CL and again, I made my husband drive to to check it out. The roads were unpaved and through a mountain in West VA. After checking it out, on the way back we got blocked by a herd of sheep that refused to move off the road. We were stuck on the road for a good hour in the middle of nowhere until the herd finally moved away.

Lol...my poor hubby
Man! What you won't do for a bargain! :lol:

If I find good quality stuff at a good price, I will try to get them. That TV stand was an Ethan Allen piece for only $10.

We didn't get the RV...the toilet looked like it was never cleaned. No thank u!

I also found a Waterford Crystal for $20 on CL. :D

It ain't over till the fat lady sings!!! Or sits in shel's chair!!!! :D

BTW if you want a good deal ... I've got a nice 9 foot artificial unlit Christmas tree you can have ;) ($300 tree :P)

It ain't over till the fat lady sings!!! Or sits in shel's chair!!!! :D

BTW if you want a good deal ... I've got a nice 9 foot artificial unlit Christmas tree you can have ;) ($300 tree :P)

hahaha...:)

Guessing the fat lady didn't know she "let the gas out of the chair" either ?? :giggle:..Surely, she could have heard it?...Maybe ur husband did...but was too nice and polite to say anything ??....

Get some cinder blocks for the broken chair...and when she comes over again, she can sit there....:giggle:....*my bad*...

On another note, I'd check the bed for any damage also if she spends the night sometimes....At 300 lbs., bet she can really "shake, rattle & roll"....:giggle:

Have you ever gotten in big trouble for speaking your mind? :giggle:

Same here....I wanted to get some cabinets for the basement workshop, but did not want to spend $1500 for new ones...found an entire kitchen cabinet set on CL in very good condition, 1960's Swedish made solid cabinets, for $250.

My worst experience with CL customers is usually when I give away free stuff...the responses are unbelievable....for example, one woman gave me a sob story about how her children are suffering and they have no transportation, so she wanted me to deliver the free furniture to her house 30 miles away. Others would threaten me if I did not let them have dibs on the stuff....

The funniest one....I gave away 3 solid sheets of drywall. A woman showed up in an old Ford Explorer and wanted to fit these 4x8 sheets in there. I told her that she would need to cut them in smaller pieces, but that would be a waste....she went ahead and broke all three sheets in irregular pieces....wtf?

She knows she's overweight. They all do. They don't need to be told that. We don't know what her overweight issue is whether it's medical, hereditary, medicine or just eating unhealthy. She may have tried to lose weight but is unable to.

That was why I recommended Gene Simmons. He knows all about the emotional issues when it comes to losing weight.

Thanks! My husband drove. He was grumpy this am about having to get up and driving out in the freezing rain. Then, when we discovered that we had to hike up that hill, he was sooo mad! Lol

I had to work as a health aide during an ice storm and one of my client lived at end of a road that was very steep . My car when into a skid at the end the hill and almost crash into my client's house! The road was very narrow and I had no way avoid the ice . I my car stopped skidding right near the house. I hated to have to work during an ice storm .

:lol:...Guessing he's gonna make sure there isn't a repeat of getting a new chair...so when the fat lady comes back over....he's gonna say..."It's OK if you sing... but ya ain't gonna sit down"...

Seriously, feel the Lady was embarrassed about it all....obese people have a lot of problems with furniture....:giggle:....everybody gets a little parnoid when someone that weighs that much comes to visit....and guessing too...if she fell at your house in one of your chairs and got hurt....Lawsuit!...

Some DR. offices have extra wide chairs for their patients that can't fit in a regular chair. The chairs are very chair are sturdy looking too, I guess the DR. does not want a lawsuit.

300 lbs is so unhealthy. Why not rent some Gene Simmons workout videos when she is over and sweat to the oldies?

leave diet books in the bathroom?

I know, it might sound mean ... but something has to be done. That is so hard on your back, your heart and your overall health.

Gene Simmons is rock bass guitarist , Richard Simmons is the one that sweat to oldies

At the hospital after surgery...they brought over a extra-wide wheelchair to transport me and I joked...."boy, that's a wide load"....

Some DR. offices have extra wide chairs for their patients that can't fit in a regular chair. The chairs are very chair are sturdy looking too, I guess the DR. does not want a lawsuit.
That gives me an idea.

Maybe the roommate can go on CL and find a sturdy, comfortable chair for her friend. She can provide that to shel to use when the friend comes over.

Could never undy why so many women loved Richard Simmons...he acted like such a little jerk (to me anyway)....bet he had a very "squeeky" voice too....:giggle:...hopping and jumping up and down with those tights...

Could never undy why so many women loved Richard Simmons...he acted like such a little jerk (to me anyway)....bet he had a very "squeeky" voice too....:giggle:...hopping and jumping up and down with those tights...
Not quite squeaky but somewhat feminine, yes.

Not quite squeaky but somewhat feminine, yes.

And I do remmy Simmons with some very obese ladies...crying and all of that...Guessing it was good publicity....
What ever happened to Richard Simmons?

A Gene Simmons work out program--now that's a thought! :lol:
Yeah, I was wondering what? This guy? :lol:

6oBLg5P.jpg

6oBLg5P

That gives me an idea.

Maybe the roommate can go on CL and find a sturdy, comfortable chair for her friend. She can provide that to shel to use when the friend comes over.
That's a good idea. It should take care of the problem since her friend comes over almost every weekend.

To be fair, you don't know that she, "broke" the chair, you only know that the chair broke while she was sitting on it. She didn't mistreat the chair.

If the chair is new, write to the manufacturer to see if they will give you a trade in or a discount.

Also, I think the chairs can take up to 300lbs. I'd check with the manufacturer.

Personally, I'm not sure I would want a chair that couldn't take 300 lbs.

Back