grades

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
What grades did you get this semester/quarter? I am very nervous and I hope I did well in some of my classes...... crossing fingers!!!! my friend was so happy, they found out their grades early cuz the professor posted it up early and found out that they dont have to repeat the class,they can graduate on time!!! :applause: I hope I got good grades, its so hard to get an A nowdays

It’s not that hard to get an ‘A’. It’s called ‘studying, not partying’. I’ve gotten straight A’s for the past four semesters. My cumulative GPA stands at 3.78.

im not in school but i can understand ur feeling i wish u best of luck babyphat!

And for those my only grade is my accomplishments of doing my best!

Those that knows me from the domestic voilence anger mangement classes and the admissions i made several moths ago in that thread.
IM please to announce i have graduated from anger management on Dec 18th 2003 and now my true test begins and so far has been so great! unfortunely for someone else that needs anger mangement counseling he didn t do so great with drinking and what have u, I managed to take lilo out for a walk to get away and not be involved in my mom's and my bro in law's situation they were having a heated arugement and i had to take off so i won't lose my temper
I had a talk with my sister abt this and she knew i did the right thing, and i told my sister she should do this too if thiers going to be a fight just walk away and then express then close the discussion there was no need to go on and on abt this! they relize thier mistakes and apologised and commended me for my strength to control my anger. Im proud of myself for handling it the best i could!

Sowwy i went off the point but i did wanted to mention i graduated and it wasn't abt grades to me, it was abt accomplishing and being proud and doing my best :)

My GPA was 2.0! Ugh! However, my cumulative GPA is 3.0 and PFOS GPA is 3.1! That's good news for me... I hope! Heh!

you have to remmy some professors make it nearly impossible to get As............ I know other students that are straight As and they are struggling, they dont party or procrastinate......... in one of my classes which I dropped (thank god) in order to get an A you can not miss more than 10 points of the WHOLE semester.....there are 4 tests and several papers........ so on average you cant miss more than 2 points on each test and papers or you wont get an A

Yeah, I’ve had a few of those—it sucks. About half the time I just say f**k you under my breath to the professor and try 3 times as hard as everybody else to get an ‘A’. Other times I just take a ‘B’ and shut up. But I can almost always get an ‘A’ if I want it badly enough. I’m lucky, though—having above average writing skills has helped me muscle out the competition more times than I can count. My father was a professor of psychology at UCLA, and he taught me how to read before I was even able to walk. As a result, my rhetorical capabilities are far above average. Most people aren’t as fortunate, though.

So—going off topic a bit—what’s everybody taking next semester? I’ve got honors statistics. :ugh: I don’t have to take the honors course; I can take regular statistics if I want. But it will look good on the transcripts.

what major are you and what is your class level? I graduate with a degree in psych but i want to study in the psychoanalytic field but that is a post doctorate degree :( so I am in school and voc. rehab counseling program now at CSUS. I would LOVE to go to UCLA......... but I am considering transfering to San Diego State...........

I’m about a year away from completing a BA in Child and Adolescent Development. I plan to work on an MA as time and finances permit. My primary interest is abused and neglected children, but I still haven’t decided yet how I will apply it. I have it narrowed down to about to about two or three possibilities, though.

WTG :thumb: to all who have done well in uni and colleges, so forth! :D

Congratulations, JP for graduating from the anger management course! WTG! I know you've gone through a lot and you've survived it!

I haven't been to college in years since I moved to Australia -- but I have taken a few short term courses and training sessions. I reckon I did well and passed em all. :)

BabyPhat—admissions to graduate programs in clinical psychology are highly competitive, and the job market for licensed clinical psychologists is glutted. If you shot a cannon through the mall, you would knock down just as many clinical psychologists as you would lawyers and MBA’s. Have you considered the possibility of pursuing a graduate degree in educational psychology at either UCLA or CSUN? Competition is far less fierce, and the satisfaction you’ll get from working in an educational environment is far greater than you would get from working in a clinical setting. CSUN would be a particularly great place for you to pursue a graduate degree in education. As I’m sure you already know, CSUN has the largest population of deaf students of any public 4 year institution in the United States. The resources that are available to you there are unparalleled anywhere on the west coast. CSUN is also one of only a handful of universities that views the education of deaf children as a linguistic issue, rather than as a special education issue. Teacher education for those interested in working with deaf children and adults is through the Department of Deaf Studies, not through the Department of Special Education. If general work in educational psychology is more your interest, training in the educational disciplines is unsurpassed at CSUN. They credential more teachers annually than any other school in the entire UC or CSU system. Transferring your credits within the State University system will also be far easier than transferring them to the UC system. There will be far less course work to make up. Housing in the San Fernando Valley is also much less expensive than it is in West Los Angeles. If you haven’t already, I really think you should take a hard look at the CSUN catalog and consult with your school counselor about the possibilities of graduate studies in the field of educational psychology.

http://www.gseis.ucla.edu/division/

http://www.csun.edu/Education/

Last edited:
They also have a good psychology major here at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I know that it sounds like a technical college, but they actually have many different colleges within RIT. They have:
  • College of Applied Science & Technology
  • College of Business
  • College of Computing & Information Sciences
  • College of Engineering
  • College of Imaging Arts & Sciences
  • College of Liberal Arts
  • College of NTID
  • College of Science
My friends have taken psychology, sociology, social work, criminal justice, and english under the College of Liberal Arts.

Oh, I never knew that. I always just assumed it was a technical college too. Yeah—he’s absolutely right. Here’s the link to the RIT Graduate School of Education & Human Resources home page:

http://www.rit.edu/~625www/programs_education.html

Also, I (and everybody else here, I’m sure) extend our advance condolences to you if you’ve suffered any loss as the result of this morning’s earthquake.

My GPA standing is 2.99 .01 less than 3.0. Sometimes I wish I could :slap: my teachers for not giving me enough credit for me to get a 3.0. :mad2:

Well I am pulling a B average in school, and my overall GPA is a 3.0. so I am very happy.

Sassy

I don't understand the Grade Point Average system and with all the pluses and minues going; its look fucked up.

The only bad thing about my school is that they don't post grades online, so we have to wait like two weeks into the quarter to get our grades.

Sophia26 said:
I don't understand the Grade Point Average system and with all the pluses and minues going; its look fucked up.

The only bad thing about my school is that they don't post grades online, so we have to wait like two weeks into the quarter to get our grades.

they post online through CasperWeb, that is our school system but it wont be accessible until jan 6th, a lot of students complain about that because what if you are graduating, you want to know if you pass the class so you can register on time, cuz classes really fills up quick.........it is hard to add now the departments are enforcing caps...........

Sophia26 said:

What part don't you understand? Basically, it's simple math.
  • A is 4.0
  • B is 3.0
  • C is 2.0
  • D is 1.0
  • F is 0.0
To find your GPA, you have to take the number of credits that your course is into consideration. Suppose you're taking:
  • English - 4 credits
  • Math - 4 credits
  • Science - 4 credits
  • Art - 2 credits
  • PE - 1 credit
This is a total of 15 credits. You've just finished your semester/quarter and earned the following grades:
  • English - B
  • Math - A
  • Science - C
  • Art - A
  • PE - A
How do you do the math? Simple, multiply the GPA with the number of credits that each course is worth.
  • English - 4 credits & B (4 x 3.0 = 12.0)
  • Math - 4 credits & A (4 x 4.0 = 16.0)
  • Science - 4 credits & C (4 x 2.0 = 8.0)
  • Art - 2 credits & A (2 x 4.0 = 8.0)
  • PE - 1 credit & A (1 x 4.0 = 4.0)
(12.0 + 16.0 + 8.0 + 8.0 + 4.0 = 48.0)

You have 15 credits so: (48.0 / 15 = 3.2)

Therefore, your GPA for that semester/quarter is 3.2.

no it is really fucked up, I agree.....a few bad grade can really pull down your gpa. One semester I got straight As but nothing to show for it in my GPA it only went up .01 points........ I hate the GPA system

Back