got hit

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone/Asus Tablet)

shel90 said:

I've experienced below zero temps before, so it's nothing new for me, but it rarely gets below zero, and if it does, it's usually around -4 or -5, but not THIS cold. That usually happens after a major snowstorm, like the one we had back in 2011 on Feb. 2, 2011 that dumped some 20 inches of snow in the city.

I have experienced 0 degrees with wind chills of -5 while out partying in DC. That was the lowest I have experienced in my lifetime so tmw night and Tuesday will be interesting if the temps do get lower than that as I will be returning to work tmw after being off for 2 weeks.

When you do return, please be safe, and watch out for dangerous conditions, as I want everyone who has to go to work tomorrow to return safely back to their children, and family. I do not want to have to hear about any terrible accidents.

Hot chocolate? Check. Milk and whipped cream? That's something I still need, so the hot chocolate is on hold for now.

What about the quilt?? They're essential for cold days!
(The hot chocolate is optional)

Reba said:
ChicagoBlue2 said:
Time to warn my parents. :(

Don't they follow the weather reports?

My dad, yes, but my stepmom I'm not sure about. My dad is required to know weather conditions when driving his semi-truck in dangerous conditions. In fact, when I was on my home visit a couple of weeks ago, that's exactly what he was doing when I got to Effingham-- driving through an ice storm in Missouri.

Last edited:

Oink said:

Hot chocolate? Check. Milk and whipped cream? That's something I still need, so the hot chocolate is on hold for now.

What about the quilt?? They're essential for cold days!
(The hot chocolate is optional)

I've got warm blankets, and a toasty room, so I'm okay.

Dreamer03 said:
I cany imagine....im freezing at 60...

Freezing at 60? I'll take a 60 any day over a -16. Wanna trade places? (I'm just joking)

I hope everyone is well stocked with supplies, and that you don't lose power. I guess those who are used to living in snow country keep well supplied every winter.

It was 65 here today but we'll be having a cold drop in temp tomorrow night.

Southern CA. During day it was between 75 to 85ish. Right now its like 60 outside, maybe. Idk. To lazy to check.

Reba said:
I hope everyone is well stocked with supplies, and that you don't lose power. I guess those who are used to living in snow country keep well supplied every winter.

It was 65 here today but we'll be having a cold drop in temp tomorrow night.

South Carolina doesn't get cold often. I hope you are well prepared, and won't have any problems when this passes. Please stay safe.

My dad, yes, but my stepmom I'm not sure about. My dad is required to know weather conditions when driving his semi-truck in dangerous conditions. In fact, when I was on my home visit a couple of weeks ago, that's exactly what he was doing when I got to Effingham-- driving through an ice storm in Missouri.
I hope he's not driving tonight.

Dreamer03 said:
Southern CA. During day it was between 75 to 85ish. Right now its like 60 outside, maybe. Idk. To lazy to check.

Go to www.accuweather.com to do that. You could save time, and who knows what else.

Reba said:
I hope he's not driving tonight.

He's not. I think he has orders to stay home and be safe.

South Carolina doesn't get cold often. I hope you are well prepared, and won't have any problems when this passes. Please stay safe.
We'll be fine. We have plenty of firewood.

Reba said:
We'll be fine. We have plenty of firewood.

Yes, I know. Let's hope everyone on here gets through this okay, and then be ready for the next round.

Went out a while ago and shoveled the wifes van out...she HAS to go to work tomorrow. Snow is DEEP !!!! comes past my knees now, actually pulled my jeans up over my boots so snow got in my boots and all...hate that, but its deep! Freezing as well, my fingers were the first to go ( didnt wear my ski gloves, just cheap work gloves) so had to warm the digits up a few times, but van is dug out, path to the van and van is cleared as well.... hope we dont get any more snow tonight.

It all sounds pretty exciting, but I don't have to deal with it. Do they close the schools down when the weather is that bad? Do you all have to have snow chains on your vehicles?

I would love a big storm with a ton of rain. Looks like we are going to have another drought year here. We got up to 68 degrees and sunny here today.

All of you need electric blankets, IF your power stays on I guess.

Angel1989 said:
It all sounds pretty exciting, but I don't have to deal with it. Do they close the schools down when the weather is that bad? Do you all have to have snow chains on your vehicles?

I would love a big storm with a ton of rain. Looks like we are going to have another drought year here. We got up to 68 degrees and sunny here today.

All of you need electric blankets, IF your power stays on I guess.

Some schools do close, yes, but the Chicago Public Schools says they intend to be open tomorrow, and that's just plain wrong.

Back