got hit

sonocativo

Reaction score
we got hit with 12+ Id safely say we have 18" as snow is up to my knees, truck wont leave the driveway and the Drama has started...

Much of our viewing area is under a wind chill warning tonight through Tuesday morning. Wind chill could drop as low as -35 degrees.

we got hit with 12+ Id safely say we have 18" as snow is up to my knees, truck wont leave the driveway and the Drama has started...

Much of our viewing area is under a wind chill warning tonight through Tuesday morning. Wind chill could drop as low as -35 degrees.

Time to warn my parents. :(

Well, you're going to hate me - we get high 70's this week. I do wish we get winter, but no, we only get summer/spring. :(

That sounds scary

Yes, because my Dad was in a bad accident once before with black ice, and he lost his semi truck and all that. This storm and others worry me, because my parents are over 50, and they might have to go without power for days if they do lose it.

You can't go outside in that kind of weather, I wonder how people get their dogs outside I hate going out when it's 20 degrees

You can't go outside in that kind of weather, I wonder how people get their dogs outside I hate going out when it's 20 degrees

My stepmom says Southern IL has gotten hit with over a foot of snow, and it frigging cold down there, and I done told her she needs to stay safe, and I believe she will heed my warning.

I hope everyone there is set up to where they can hunker down and wait it out with enough food, water and warmth and about five LED flashlights and candles, campstove and so on and books and board games.
Those little propane torches come in handy too.
I use an old cheap sleeping bag and put it over the windshield and above enough to take the overlap on the sides and slam the car door over it on each side. If it is wind country as well I bunch up each corner that is to the front and duct tape a long enough bungee cord to it to hook the front bumper. I duct tape over anything on the bungee that might scratch paint on the bungee to bag connection.
Home Depot sells these really handy LED flashlights that are kind of a flat oblong and have a magnet on the back. Great for being where you know it is at on the fridge or where the hell did it go it ain't there.

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

goodonya said:
I hope everyone there is set up to where they can hunker down and wait it out with enough food, water and warmth and about five LED flashlights and candles, campstove and so on and books and board games.
Those little propane torches come in handy too.
I use an old cheap sleeping bag and put it over the windshield and above enough to take the overlap on the sides and slam the car door over it on each side. If it is wind country as well I bunch up each corner that is to the front and duct tape a long enough bungee cord to it to hook the front bumper. I duct tape over anything on the bungee that might scratch paint on the bungee to bag connection.
Home Depot sells these really handy LED flashlights that are kind of a flat oblong and have a magnet on the back. Great for being where you know it is at on the fridge or where the hell did it go it ain't there.

All is well here-- for now, anyways. Can't say it'll stay that way, but only time shall tell. I'm nice and cozy, and relaxing in my bedroom, and just taking it easy.

Here it was 85 today i think i wouod be freaking out if it started to even snow

Dreamer03 said:
Here it was 85 today i think i wouod be freaking out if it started to even snow

Not down there it wouldn't. It's rare for it to snow that far south.

The weather's so crazy right now! Why are people getting 85 degrees today when I suffered through a 40 degree high here in Texas? Got to love Texas weather...

:roll:

Oink said:
The weather's so crazy right now! Why are people getting 85 degrees today when I suffered through a 40 degree high here in Texas? Got to love Texas weather...

:roll:

Be glad you're not in IL-- conditions are terrible all over the state, and the temps are supposed to drop below zero tonight, and stay that way all day tomorrow, throught tomorrow night into Tuesday morning.

Be glad you're not in IL-- conditions are terrible all over the state, and the temps are supposed to drop below zero tonight, and stay that way all day tomorrow, throught tomorrow night into Tuesday morning.

We're in single digits tonight.

Oink said:

We're in single digits tonight.

It's 4 here now, but it's supposed to reach a low of -16 tonight. Tomorrow won't be much better.

We are expected to be in the single digits tmw night with wind chills of -20. Grew up in the hot desert of Phx, AZ so this will be like experiencing 122 degrees like I did in 1990.

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone/Asus Tablet)

shel90 said:
We are expected to be in the single digits tmw night with wind chills of -20. Grew up in the hot desert of Phx, AZ so this will be like experiencing 122 degrees like I did in 1990.

I've experienced below zero temps before, so it's nothing new for me, but it rarely gets below zero, and if it does, it's usually around -4 or -5, but not THIS cold. That usually happens after a major snowstorm, like the one we had back in 2011 on Feb. 2, 2011 that dumped some 20 inches of snow in the city.

It's 4 here now, but it's supposed to reach a low of -16 tonight. Tomorrow won't be much better.

All these numbers mean one thing- Curl up with hot chocolate and a warm quilt!!

I've experienced below zero temps before, so it's nothing new for me, but it rarely gets below zero, and if it does, it's usually around -4 or -5, but not THIS cold. That usually happens after a major snowstorm, like the one we had back in 2011 on Feb. 2, 2011 that dumped some 20 inches of snow in the city.

I have experienced 0 degrees with wind chills of -5 while out partying in DC. That was the lowest I have experienced in my lifetime so tmw night and Tuesday will be interesting if the temps do get lower than that as I will be returning to work tmw after being off for 2 weeks.

Oink said:

All these numbers mean one thing- Curl up with hot chocolate and a warm quilt!!

Hot chocolate? Check. Milk and whipped cream? That's something I still need, so the hot chocolate is on hold for now.

Back