Google Chrome Browser?

Oh, I use Safari on Mac and don't find any issue, except for annoying pop-up.

I use Firefox on MacBook Pro for important purposes.

Yeah the popups are pretty nasty with Safari. I dont use Safari at all. First time I used mac, it gave me a nasty experience, I tried again when they first released it on Windows and it will still nasty.

Same, I use firefox for important purposes. But Im starting to use Google Chrome for everything now. :P

I use Win Vista Home Basic, I run FF, but I also have IE and Safari. My laptop is so low on memory and runs so slow (it takes 30mins to boot up, and I've defragged it, ran a virus scan using AVG and Zone Alarm, did a C-Clean, still runs horridly slow and even moved many pics and videos from the laptop to the desktop, and still runs s-l-o-w.)

I have no plans to install any more software on this laptop as I may purchase a Mac or a Win 7 laptop in mid-to-late 2010. I have had the laptop since summer 2007.

I use Win Vista Home Basic, I run FF, but I also have IE and Safari. My laptop is so low on memory and runs so slow (it takes 30mins to boot up, and I've defragged it, ran a virus scan using AVG and Zone Alarm, did a C-Clean, still runs horridly slow and even moved many pics and videos from the laptop to the desktop, and still runs s-l-o-w.)

I have no plans to install any more software on this laptop as I may purchase a Mac or a Win 7 laptop in mid-to-late 2010. I have had the laptop since summer 2007.

I can fix yours and make it run fast again.

You probably have too many programs running in memory, starting with Windows. If you are running with about 512 MB of memory and Vista basic, I can bet Zone Alarm could be holding it down, as well as other stuff in memory. I can't really tell without knowing what type of laptop you have.....

I just tried out a development mode of the new GoogleOS on a USB stick. It's what they call developmental, but it's very fast in booting up. The reason for this is everything is online....so there is nothing to bog the computer down other than no Internet.

Is there a way I stop some programs from running on startup to help it boot up faster?

Is there a way I stop some programs from running on startup to help it boot up faster?

click on Start, type msconfig in the "search programs and files" line, press enter, and click on the startup tab.

You can disable all or part of what's in there and reboot. This will help stop programs from booting with Windows. There are some that need to start with Windows, such as antivirus programs.....so you will have to decide what does or does not start with the system......

Well...looks like Google Chrome is out for Mac OS X 10.5 or higher with an Intel processor. It's right on Google's homepage.

I am downloading Google Chrome Browser... will test it out on Mac.

Let us know how it goes. :)

I did tested it out on youtube, online games and surf through other websites... It seems to working good so far. But then it's an early days. :)

I did tested it out on youtube, online games and surf through other websites... It seems to working good so far. But then it's an early days. :)

I have been with all Chrome build releases since the Dev Channel version.
IMO, soon Chrome will be the king of browser.

That's cool, not too bad! :)

Chrome is great for speed
i used Firefox, it is also good, but Chrome is easier to use

Back