Good or bad girlfriend

If one is out with company, isnt it rude to be on the pager texting?

A converstation would be rude but a simple I think would be understandable...Better yet a heads up before heading might be good.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Lots of things going on here. She seems to have a large circle of friends, may be typical of her to forget or set aside any commitments that night - or not. One has to get to know her in order to get the gist of her intentions. Looking at the relationship side, I'll bet they have barely gotten to know each other. Maybe she only wants a night with her friends, maybe becoming uninterested, maybe free spirited - not tied down to one person, maybe a bitch - like I said, you need to get to know her, I think her friends can give you a better answer than believing what you first hear or see.

The girlfriend decided to go to a lounge with her straight new male friend meeting up with the rest of their friends. The boyfriend was paging her to see how she was doing and how was the day. The girlfriend checked the messages and decided to reply later tonight when she gets home or tomorrow when she wake up from hangover.

The boyfriend was wondering if she was ok. She usually writes back but not that night. Time passing by, the bf and gf were talking again on the next day and go on with their lives. Few days later, the boyfriend found out by mutual friends that the girlfriend was at the lounge while he was sitting and waiting for her girlfriend to reply, hoping that he will see her on that night.

Why not bring her bf instead? Hmmm :hmm:

Is she a good or bad girlfriend?
Wow, another soap opera drama! :lol:

If the boyfriend wanted to go out with her that night he should have paged that specific question instead of the generic message he sent. There's no reason for the boyfriend to sit at home "hoping" that he will see the girlfriend. Get a life. Also, look for a girlfriend who doesn't get hung over.

This doesn't sound like a serious relationship, so I think they should just keep dating other people until they're ready to settle down.

She could have replied sooner.

I don't see what's wrong with not bringing her boyfriend. Life isn't about bringing your boyfriend/girlfriend everywhere you go. :roll:

Seems everywhere I go, people are on their cell phones or text....Trying to hav e a convo with a friend was almost impossible as the phone kept buzzing....In a lot of ways, it's good for parents to keep in touch w/their kids and knowing where they are/what's going on....I had a friend that her hubby called every 20 minutes, it seemed! She got so exasperated! My feelings was that he didn't trust her....?? Or he was very insecure...

I dont like possessiveness in relationships. *gag*

Me neither, I like my own space, but I kit. It is rude to spend lots of time on your phone in company, but it is also rude to ignore. A message like hi, I am wherever with so and so, we will talk later, is acceptable and polite. It said the bf is worried. Maybe if she just got in touch, everything would be swell :)

A converstation would be rude but a simple I think would be understandable...Better yet a heads up before heading might be good.
Good point, that would have solved everything unless he is possessive :)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Lots of things going on here. She seems to have a large circle of friends, may be typical of her to forget or set aside any commitments that night - or not. One has to get to know her in order to get the gist of her intentions. Looking at the relationship side, I'll bet they have barely gotten to know each other. Maybe she only wants a night with her friends, maybe becoming uninterested, maybe free spirited - not tied down to one person, maybe a bitch - like I said, you need to get to know her, I think her friends can give you a better answer than believing what you first hear or see.

Good point, I was basing my answer purely on manners :) If she is a bitch, that changes everything :) Level of relationship changes things too.

Why not bring her bf instead? Hmmm
If it is a special event or one of the lifetime chance, then it is a very good idea to bring your boyfriend, if not your ofamily or best friend(not sure about the opposite sex, but if you explain to your boyfriend that this old friend is like a brother to you, he probably won't think anything of it)

but as far as hanging out with just friends on not-so-special occasions, no, he doesn't need to go.

Although, if they are in a serious relationship and he like her friends (I'm referring to mixture of sex here. Some girls like to have a girls night out so that's exceptional), I think it is polite to let him know "hey we will be hanging out at such and such, wanna come?" I mean, even I would want to be invited to a friend hang out... I'm sure majority of you have invited your husbands, families, friends, and boyfriends to come with you before. It just a polite thing to do to make them feel included.

Back