Golden Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're missing my point hoichi. I'm pointing out the things you do that are going to make you not heard. Your tactics are exactly why you would be ignored. When you're ignored you gain nothing.

i missed no point i know your statements and i know your pointy. i disagree though.
that is your opinion and mine is different, mien tactics i sue for a reason, you may not agree or even think its counterproductive and cool

but i use them because my opinion differs on that.
so.
i use kid gloves when i need to..

You're also missing the point of the golden window,

not at all, as a mater of fact its the opposite, i know the golden window point very well its the point i argue for having sign language immediately to the baby to learn sign naturally..as in first language acquisition.

which is the subject of the thread.

yep

The only adult, or even older child, that would have ANY degree of success with a CI, for speech, is one that lost their hearing post lingual. It's basically do it now or don't bother doing it all.

then don't bother. sign will set the baby free..

Ever. It actually takes the choice away from the individual. On the other if they decide they don't want to hear they can just not wear it.

thats after years of being deprived their birth right and its grossly unfair. as you agree.

You can't keep claiming to be pro bimodal while also saying you're against implanting prelingually deaf babies.

its not a claim its my statement, and its true, im pro bilingual. you don't need to speak english to be fluent, ...

You can't keep claiming you don't care if adults make their own decisions when attack them for it when do.

no i accept adults decisions but i also have a duty to inform those adults that their choices are harming my people and culture
\yeah i get it
most don't give a damn sure

in the end you and i and everyone don't live in a vacuum, our choices yours and mine and the product we use affect other things some more then others.
so when an adult tells me they are going to give a multi national a tone of loot for a product that's screwing my people

i let them know

Last edited:
Week I have phonak Niadas right now (Phonak is a sister company of those evil multinationals). I was happy to give them my money for the Niadas. Also when time comes I will be happy to give them my money for a CI.

https://www.youtube.com/user/PhonakOfficial

i neevr stated they were evil
why spead slander. i use words that make it easy for you to qoute me, no need ot make stuf fup..
for future reference for you..

let me ask you a question. (and no i don't expect an answer)

if a native told you a company was harming his people, (take your pick, both canada and the USA have plenty of examples of companies doing bad things to natives, all the way up to the present.with their actions,)

would you tell them your happy about it, and gladly will support those companies?

Being deaf is not a nationality and its is not about assimilating anybody. Its about giving kids what they need to make it out here & adults what they have lost. Only 10-15% of the world signs (I guess that other 85% can convert or disappear). By the way Ford, Microsoft & Apple are multinational

Being deaf is not a nationality and its is not about assimilating anybody. Its about giving kids what they need to make it out here & adults what they have lost. Only 10-15% of the world signs (I guess that other 85% can convert or disappear). By the way Ford, Microsoft & Apple are multinational

i never stated Deaf was a nationality though Deaf do see themselves as an ethnicity and a minority group with a minority language, we are a minority people,
and we have been targeted by policies that targeted minorities, we face discrimination, prejudice, audism that's very very deeply ingrained.

it certainly IS about assimilation, yoru statement is just the usual standard argument used to justify colonialism against minority groups, natives as an example, one of the justifications for assimilation was just as you stated, most the nation spoke english, its about giving the native kids a better chance at life to make them speak like whites and act like whites dress like whites, believe in a white mans religion, all to assimilate them to a white mans world..

Deaf are a minority group, we sue a minority language we have a minority culture.

one of the pillars of colonialism is eradicating and making dormant a target populations language while replacing it with the majorities

that's exactly what has been occurring and has occurred with Deaf.
its not asking much to share this world with you.

and yes i'm well aware that apple and ford are multinationals..

no kiddin

How is deafness being eradicated when someone takes off their CI they are deaf. They have to be deaf to get one in the first place. If adults make that choice or parents make that choice for their children. They are not obligated to answer to you or the Deaf community about it.

How is deafness being eradicated when someone takes off their CI they are deaf. They have to be deaf to get one in the first place. If adults make that choice or parents make that choice for their children. They are not obligated to answer to you or the Deaf community about it.

you need to understand the difference between Deaf and deaf to understand the answer,.

my statements are not regarding the ideological construct of what deafness is..

WE have just as much a right to present our alternative then multinationals do to present their product..
we have more actually because it is us who are targeted.
so

sorry to disappoint

we have every right to state our alternative

Presenting alternatives is fine but after they have made their decision if that decision happens to be a CI they should be left alone about it. They are not assimilators or colonizers, they are parents that did what they felt was best!

Presenting alternatives is fine but after they have made their decision if that decision happens to be a CI they should be left alone about it. They are not assimilators or colonizers, they are parents that did what they felt was best!

we disagree here,

the actions of denying sign language is that of assimilation period. and is a typical tool used in colonialism. int he case of CI that is termed phonocentric colonialism specifically
thus OUR resistance and opposition to it as a culture and people.

Are you advocating interfering with parental rights? Those parents only have parental rights unless they raise their children as you see fit.

i've stated repeatedly where the issues and plms are...

try to think about this if you can in a non juvenile way..
the issues are with actions and behaviours and ideology that drives such actions and behaviours that are perpetrated upon Deaf by the combined system.

for those who are sincere, to get a better understanding on this issue, phonocentric colonialism, CI and Deaf resistance to what is occurring.
here is an academic peer reviewed paper from 2011 on this topic

Cyborgization: Deaf Education for Young Children in the Cochlear Implantation Era

http://joevalente.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Valente-20111.pdf

so much for approaching this in a non juvenile manner..
anyway

Those are real people and their experiences not propaganda. The multinationals have nothing to do with their honest experiences.

Those are real people and their experiences not propaganda. The multinationals have nothing to do with their honest experiences.

propaganda is based on people's real experiences that's why it can be and generally is very effective..

The Facebook page is filled with the parents of CI kids & adults with CIs conversing about their individual experiences. Just because some of those experiences happen to be positive is just that positive. No marketing or advertising is necessarily involved.

The Facebook page is filled with the parents of CI kids & adults with CIs conversing about their individual experiences. Just because some of those experiences happen to be positive is just that positive. No marketing or advertising is necessarily involved.

yes i know
im not sure why you think a page with CI users chatting about their experiences has anything at all to do with me or what i've been stating?

its like if we are discussing hard drug use as an example and its ramifications,
and all you do is post cites with drug users chatting about their highs..
well ok

but it does not address the actual issues..

or any product that has a negative effect on a community, rather than just dismiss that communities concerns and what that community wishes, it makes better sense to address that community and its concerns.

anyway try top fathom that if you can, granted i know its difficult..

How is giving them grief every time they decide to get CI for themselves or their kids helping the Deaf Community? It could easily be seen as getting in their business.

How is giving them grief every time they decide to get CI for themselves or their kids helping the Deaf Community? It could easily be seen as getting in their business.

im not on that board giving any one griefe.
when parents come here i have the right just as you or anyone to state our alternative and make them aware their actions are effecting us in a negative way..

that's called freedom

notice its the ones here like you who cry "choice" always are the same one moving to shut others down and up..

yeah

we know

so lets discuss the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back