Golden Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn girl you're memory is atrocious. You made an entire thread for it.

relax, ci threads come and go here like yesterday's massage therapist

you just brought another threads ciet so into this one without even stating where you pulled them,
so
chill

decent article, read it before... read it again... yet, still NOTHING to answer YOUR claim that the deaf community has been against the CI since it first was developed... although... there is one that may be saying the opposite... all depends on how you examine her words... but I am thinking you are not reading these...
:confused: We lost our head scratch emoticon. Most people wouldn't deny that claim. Of course we have.

Things change slowly as people realize there is no way out.:ugh2:

Damn girl you're memory is atrocious. You made an entire thread for it.

Ah no it is not... however... I did not post it in this thread... :) thanks... if you have issues with this, you should take it to that thread then...

Last edited:
:confused: We lost our head scratch emoticon. Most people wouldn't deny that claim. Of course we have.

Things change slowly as people realize there is no way out.:ugh2:

I was not denying it... I actually stated I did not know if this claim is trueful or not... his reliability is questionable and am looking for proof... most of what I have read cover schools, government, and the likes response... I do not recall much being said about the deaf communities...

its not just were....it still very much IS,
and its about pre lingual implantation for most of us...
make my signs..
The pulse of the Deaf world today. That is a lot of people.

who is they?

The people who wrote the paper. It's important to realize that his wasn't a study itself. It was a paper written with studies, other papers and books as source material. They were very free with their interpretation of much of it from what I could see.

BUT that is to be expected. The "they" is very important. If you look up who wrote the paper you will find that they're professors and researchers/assistants involved in Deaf culture and education. Now that isn't bad per se, but they too have a vested interest in the debate. We're not talking about impartial people here. They're every bit as biased as cochlear implant companies.

Ah no it is not... however... I did not post it in this thread... :) thanks... if you have issues with this, you should take it to that thread then...

suuuure.

It was relevant. YOU'RE discussing harm to deaf children......I'm not going to necromance a thread that went no where just to add to THIS discussion. It's not mental gymnastics that that's where you got your information from. You don't even realize Deaf were against CI from the beginning. Even I, who has been repeatedly told that my input is not welcome because I'm not Deaf, just deaf, so therefore I know fuck all about anything, know that

The people who wrote the paper. It's important to realize that his wasn't a study itself. It was a paper written with studies, other papers and books as source material. They were very free with their interpretation of much of it from what I could see.

BUT that is to be expected. The "they" is very important. If you look up who wrote the paper you will find that they're professors and researchers/assistants involved in Deaf culture and education. Now that isn't bad per se, but they too have a vested interest in the debate. We're not talking about impartial people here. They're every bit as biased as cochlear implant companies.

yes indeed wouldn't you agree those of a culture and minority group have a vested interest in their cultures welfare and future?

perhaps that vested interest is actually more important then your vested interest in promoting a product?

suuuure.

It was relevant. YOU'RE discussing harm to deaf children......I'm not going to necromance a thread that went no where just to add to THIS discussion. It's not mental gymnastics that that's where you got your information from. You don't even realize Deaf were against CI from the beginning. Even I, who has been repeatedly told that my input is not welcome because I'm not Deaf, just deaf, so therefore I know fuck all about anything, know that

Oh look attitude and foul language, you must be right about all things... too bad you do not read well... I never denied it... but can you provide a source that states it? Unless you are old enough to have lived through it? Hmm?
Now... what exactly is your issue with this article again... try to not have attitude, I know it may be hard, but... let us try discussing this like mature adults and not hormonal teen with little self control...

Last edited:
Oh look attitude and foul language, you must be right about all things... too bad you don not read well... I never denied it... but can you provide a source that states it? Unless you are old enough to have lived through it? Hmm?
Now... what exactly is your issue with this article again... try to not have attitude, I know it may be hard, but... let us try discussing this like mature adults and not hormonal teen with little self control...
How about we also remember that at the root of it we have the same issue as you (Lack of proper hearing). We just choose technology to deal with it. The of if your not part of some cultures take nothing away from that basic fact. The technology works for us and our children so we choose to discuss that technology and its innovations.

How about we also remember that at the root of it we have the same issue as you (Lack of proper hearing). We just choose technology to deal with it. The of if your not part of some cultures take nothing away from that basic fact. The technology works for us and our children so we choose to discuss that technology and its innovations.

NO thats not the root of it all

the root of it is YOU and others like you and the combined system that you push do NOT accept another culture Deaf and that cultures wishes,, statements or believes...as valid and equal to you own. that that culture Deaf have aright to be Deaf and children have a RIGHT to be Deaf...
along with that you and others have the strange idea that you can even have a say in what our culture does or wants...

try that with other cultures see how far you get..

that's the issue...
period.

How about we also remember that at the root of it we have the same issue as you
possibly... however
(Lack of proper hearing).
Ah... nope... no we do not... here is an aspect of where we differ... you see a lack, where I do not...
We just choose technology to deal with it.
Which is perfectly fine, nor the issue
The of if your not part of some cultures take nothing away from that basic fact.
all depends on how you look at it...
The technology works for us
Which is fine... I mean sure you do not look at where the money goes but then again there are plenty of people that love fast food too...
and our children
regardless of the harm done? Thought you said no harm was positive
so we choose to discuss that technology and its innovations.
sure, but here, expect others to also discuss them... it is not just all about the tech... others see much more to it then that...as for the root... ideology and undoctored facts may be closer to the root of it...

Oh look attitude and foul language, you must be right about all things... too bad you do not read well... I never denied it... but can you provide a source that states it? Unless you are old enough to have lived through it? Hmm?

Yes, I used foul language, good eye nana, nope it doesn't make me right. Funny thing though, it doesn't make me wrong either hahaha what a stupid thing to say.

Actually there's a source right here in this damn thread, tsk tsk your memory.

So let me get this straight. I've already commented about the article which you forgot about, which is also where you got your fount of knowledge....but you want me to repeat it all again. Just for you? Yeaaahhhh no. You can take your ass on back a couple pages and read it.

But I do admit to some curiosity. Do you chastise your boyfriend for being a giant bag of dicks and immature or do you do that privately? In his inbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back