Golden Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't even have a damn CI
yoru just a cultists...
I'm a cultist that's so close to the borderline that I had to get the most powerful & sophisticated HAs made. Again made by ABs sister corp

I'm also a longtime student of Cybernetics/Bionics. You may not be fond of those subject so my post are for those here who might be more interested.

I'm also a longtime student of Cybernetics/Bionics. You may not be fond of those subject so my post are for those here who might be more interested.

i am actually very interested in those topics, and their ramifications have no doubt, and i'm fairly well read in them. your creep docs novel besides...

obviously my posts on here in regards to them certainly demonstrate my interest and knowledge base.
i constantly cite works

again
im in this, for more then just product loyalty..

its my peoples future on the line, my peoples lives right now effected in a negative way by it..
thus i made it a point to be very well versed in the topic..

unfortunately for you
m not a part timer in this

Oh I did not get you. The above are not misrepresentations
The above do not relate.... I am asking for cites/proof that deaf were against CI from the beginning... Like I said I do not know... But you stated it and your word, sadly, is not good enough for me...

I'm a cultist that's so close to the borderline that I had to get the most powerful & sophisticated HAs made. Again made by ABs sister corp
ER... Okay... Question... Do you know what cultist means?

Okay that one just states that adolescent children with CI have a lower quality of life then those with normal hearing or younger kids with CI.... My conclusion, yes they are bullied and have a harder go and as they get older something screws with their quality of life... A lack of sign, not being accepted... Who knows not long enough to see...

Yet.. Nothing that says anything about the deaf community's response to CI when it was first introduced.... Next?

Getting to that
Okay that one just states that adolescent children with CI have a lower quality of life then those with normal hearing or younger kids with CI.... My conclusion, yes they are bullied and have a harder go and as they get older something screws with their quality of life... A lack of sign, not being accepted... Who knows not long enough to see...

Yet.. Nothing that says anything about the deaf community's response to CI when it was first introduced.... Next?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/9526045/Why-not-all-deaf-people-want-to-be-cured.html

decent article, read it before... read it again... yet, still NOTHING to answer YOUR claim that the deaf community has been against the CI since it first was developed... although... there is one that may be saying the opposite... all depends on how you examine her words... but I am thinking you are not reading these...
Well your against them. I am a cultist for loving them.

Well your against them. I am a cultist for loving them.

Am I? Can you quote me please?

Well so long as we agree about you being a cultist... good we can come to some agreements...

So... what about the harm it causes? It keeps getting brought up, and like "magic" you pull out another from your stash... saying the same things... how about your thoughts?
Harm? In what context is harm positive? Harm is never a positive description of anything no matter who has it adult or child.

Harm? In what context is harm positive? Harm is never a positive description of anything no matter who has it adult or child.
Again we agree... harm is never positive. .. no harm ever makes up for good... especially when so disproportionate... but again... can you cite your source on the Deaf community being against the CI since it was introduced?

some big issues ion this article. right from the very start in the title...the author make no bones about the bias either right form the first paragraph..

note the language that bleeds bias...
and like all propaganda meshes fact and fiction to gain a certain advantage in the readers emotional and mental responses....to further the actual agenda which in this peace is..phonocentric colonial discourse..

propaganda piece 23456-telegraph said:
For many deaf people, hearing-boosting cochlear implants are a godsend; but for others, they’re a threat to their way of life. What are they afraid of

the plm here is the author dismisses the entire community of Deaf and only addresses deaf, those who are most likely to get the drill, while tagging those who do not support the assimilation as afraid...

the author purposely dismisses a culture and instead taggs them all as deaf, neglecting the very real cultural distinction.

and leading the question what are they afraid off?

if this author was sincere then that question should be asked of the oralist not us. after all it is oralism which is afraid,it is the majority culture which is afraid of Deaf having our own culture, or to quote the founder of agbell

Founder of agbell said:
in the preceding chapters i have shown, that sexual selection is at work amongst the deaf and dumb, tending to produce a deaf variety of the human race. those who believe as i do, that the production of a defective race of human beings would be a great calamity to world, will examine carefully the causes that lead to intermarriage of the deaf with object of applying a remedy.
agbell-memoir on the formation of the deaf variety of the human race"

why are orlaist so afraid of us?

instead the author dismissed from eh start our real concerns, its not our fear or lack of it that is the issue, it is the actual actions and behaviors perpetrated on us by others...that is the issue

it starts with the paint by numbers "success stories" of those who have been saved from eh darkness of deafness and brought into the light...

you don't get to any Deaf though until paragraph 20 or there abouts...

the author states this a few paragraphs later.

What many hearing people might not realise is the strong community that exists in the silent world. In fact, it’s more than a community. Deaf people (with a capital D) see themselves more as an ethnic minority, with their own (sign) language, schools and proud history.

not that we just see ourselves as that we actually ARE, and we actually HAVE our own language and culture.
interesting

The National Association of the Deaf was created by deaf people to advocate for deaf rights in 1880. The Deaf don’t see deafness as a disability but a cultural identity (motto: different but not deficient). It’s a world so warm and welcoming, many wouldn’t want to become hearing, even given the choice.

this is true

then after only 2 paragraphs of the Deaf thoughts and opposition. or not even exploring why...

we get instead more of those who implant. but this time who are deaf but NOT culturally Deaf, (the author fails to note, on purpose), the people here grew up oral deaf and later got a CI, NOT culturally Deaf..

for the next 11 chapters, until the end of the article...

we have in here 2 paragraphs that state anything regarding Deaf "fears" or opposition to the assimilation.

nice
propaganda piece,
but ameture

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back