Golden Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of their source material was pretty damn old, like 15+years old, even the paper itself is 6 years old

in regards to this field clearly by your statements your not educated in, 6 years isnt considered "old" in regards to studies or the academic literature..
this is not netflix lady
this is not yoru cable tv episode list..
in the real world 6 years is NOT old in this field..
given the time needed to do studies and time needed to actual write the papers and time needed to actually gain and acquire the data...

but you know all thsi right?

you after all knwo it alll...
without reading a damn word...it seems....

but it there was some interesting things in it. Like their sources for the huge variability of results, basically all those sources were like yes, hugely variable but it's unknown why yet.

so only using your words here. since i haven't yet read the studies you claim i bas emy opposition on...
you admit result sare variable and according to you no one knwos why...
do you think that information a stated is important for parents to know? before the drill?

if i was a doctor and i prescribed for you some medication with
"take these, results are going to be extremely variable and well we just don't know why...."

would you take them?

would you give those meds to your children?

would let someone drill hole into your children's head sif they told you "we just don't know why?"

would you?

One was a study about how the different individuals brains are organized and maybe that's why there's such variations, but it was only the abstract so there was no conclusions, study size, methods, anything like that.

There's probably more recent info out there. I'd like to see one on how various other problems a kid might have besides their hearing effects their results.

But I got called in to work......later

cool..

if i was a doctor and i prescribed for you some medication with
"take these, results are going to be extremely variable and well we just don't know why...."
Here is a thought some of us here with CIs or are severe to profound Hoh(On the borderline who use Phonak Niadas (Seeing as they are manufactured by a sister companies of a major CI corp-that uses similar sound processing tech), would know a little bit more about simulated sound than you.
By the way I am on the borderline from needing a CI and use Niadas.

So only those who part of your culture get to have a viewpoint. How democratic?

NO
anyone can have their viewpoint, i believe deeply freedom....

that doesn't translate to those outsiders claiming those viewpoints are actually valid for a culture they know little of, and are not a part of.

an example to illustrate a point...

im not native.

i grew up with natives and i know their culture as an outsider, i just don't know it, i have allot of deep respect for native culture, canada and the world is a far far poor place in regard to the eradication and assimilation of native cultures at the hands of whites..

and i've been accepted amongst honi de shoni mohawks whom i know, grew up with, whom i lived with for a time,and i received a medicine pouch and a clan sign , did sweat lodge spent time on the rez with my mohawk close brother..i had to earn that though, i didnt just do what people do here, like you and ambrosia,,, i didnt just waltzed into their home and culture and start telling them how it is and needs to be....

NO!

i didnt do that...

so i can make statements as an outsider..

but those statements are just that...once i start bringing those statements as a "this is how it is to them" or once i start dismissing them as you and ambrosia do here with Deaf, literally whites do the exact same thing you and ambrosia have done on this thread, repeatedly. first ridiculed, then laugh, then dismiss, a cultures statements, a cultures real experiences, that changes things...again if i had a dollar for every time a white canadian laughed and dismissed off native statements re assimilation and what has happened and is happening,

id be rather rich....

my statements as a non native only go so far when it comes to natives culture, children and future, my statements stop at the fuckin door...where i respectfully leave them.

because im not one of them, im not mowak, i didnt grow up a mohawk, i grew up with them, ive experienced the racism they get in reverse, im not even full white but im white enough to pass the get a cab test in major canadian cities where most natives will be treated like less then garbage..i was white enough to get better treatment inside form screws then my mowak friends who got the animal treatment... ive been in jail and here the majority inside are natives,
and i know as an outsider the treatment they get,

..i know some of their culture as an outsider but its not mine,,,,nor do i claim it is mine..nor do i expect them to give it to me, nor do i expect them to just let me waltz right in and do what i please..

and thus my statements are just an outsiders....statements..

i wouldn't do what you and ambrosia do here.
i wouldn't wave my hand of disdain at their statements
i wouldn't brush them off
i wouldn't laugh them off
i wouldn't smirk them off.
i wouldn't ridicule them
i wouldn't scoff at them

as white do...

as you and ambrosia do here with Deaf

id actually do the exact opposite

id take them as i do at their fuckin word...'

and that's is where the conversation begins...

it doesn't begin with them having to proof to the white man what is occurring .....NO! its long past that...

it starts with the outsiders and those pushing assimilation in first stopping. then actually sincerely paying attention to what a culture and language minority is telling you is happening...after all its their culture they see it happening they experience it happening.....

that's the start..

and if you or ambrosia or anyone, are unable to leave your bigotry and bias at that proverbial door. then well...

you won't be getting far with us....ever

the above is an example form life

i know it won't go far with you but i posted it as i do, for others

in the end nut shell

you can believe anything you damn well want about us.....
but when it comes to our children, our culture and our future
leave it at the door..

because your not one of us...
simple as that

Last edited:
Here is a thought some of us here with CIs or are severe to profound Hoh(On the borderline who use Phonak Niadas (Seeing as they are manufactured by a sister companies of a major CI corp-that uses similar sound processing tech), would know a little bit more about simulated sound than you.
By the way I am on the borderline from needing a CI and use Niadas.

yeah you know more about sound then us...
neat
(scratches balls)

but when it comes to our children, our culture and our future
Where do you get the idea these are your children? There parents just don't have anything to do with it. What future yours or theirs?

Where do you get the idea these are your children? There parents just don't have anything to do with it. What future yours or theirs?

Deaf children have a birthright to sign and to be Deaf

you can re read that a many times as you like...

yeah you know more about sound then us...
neat
Since you know nothing about the sound provided by current multichannel CIs and seeing as you low rate any info posted about them. How can you dismiss those with practice experience. We know better than you what a CI will do for anybody child or adult because we have walked the walk.

Since you know nothing about the sound provided by current multichannel CIs and seeing as you low rate any info posted about them. How can you dismiss those with practice experience We know better than you what a CI will do for anybody child or adult because we have walked the walk.

i don't dismiss what yoru messiah tech does for some,,,never did

then again you haven't walked anything
you don't even have a damn CI
yoru just a cultists...

furthur....
our opposition to CI is NOT at all based on the tech or the sounds provided or anything at all regarding that...

so

pls
try again

Parents have the right to make health and safety decisions for their kids without having to seek your approval.

actually we have just as much right to offer our alternative then do multi nationals who push theirs...
we have more actually after all we are the ones targeted

Those sites are authored by bunch of Deaf zealots that were against CIs from the start. They were opposed to them from the start, the moment they were invented they were out to discredit them. They were prejudiced from the start.

Care to cite your sources... I would be interested to learn... many technologies do face issues in the beginning... but, and I admit I am not sure of the deaf communities response (was in the beginning), however, it was the inventor AND top medical professionals that were against it first! Now that is telling...

actually we have just as much right to offer our alternative then do multi nationals who push theirs...
we have more actually after all we are the ones targeted
Problem is you can't just give your alternative and accept the fact they may choose to do otherwise.

Care to cite your sources... I would be interested to learn... many technologies do face issues in the beginning... but, and I admit I am not sure of the deaf communities response (was in the beginning), however, it was the inventor AND top medical professionals that were against it first! Now that is telling...
Well there is this friendly piece of work.
http://cochlearwar.com/

Well the inventor does not seem to racked with regret today. Oh I forgot pro-CI post are forbidden.

Well the inventor does not seem to racked with regret today. Oh I forgot pro-CI post are forbidden.

Nope... Need to have something that can be verified from the going... A bias man is not a reliable source... Try again please...

Problem is you can't just give your alternative and accept the fact they may choose to do otherwise.
that a misrepresentation.
do you want me to start misrepresenting you on here?

who in this thread has ever stated pro Ci is forbidden?

you are aware i have actually stated otherwise in regards to you, i actually have stated i want you to keep posting these,

how does that translate into forbidden?

but when it comes to our children

Deaf children have a birthright to sign and to be

Oh I did not get you. The above are not misrepresentations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back