Going to the movie theater...

keikogrusendorf

Reaction score
What has been your exxperience? Did they have accomodations? If so, what were they???

I'm planning on going to the movies tomorrow and want to know what to expect. I haven't been since the big drop in my hearing loss...:shock:

Check with your theater. I don't know where you live, but some theaters have captioning. RWC will give you a device to put in the cup holder and you can read the captions off of it. You need to ask for the device.

I also don't know the level of your hearing. If you are hard of hearing, you can get an assistive listening device by asking for it.

For any deaf people, make sure you tell any movie theaters you want Closed Caption for what movie you want to watch. Do not let them tell you that they don't have it. You must tell them that you want it NOW or you will have to use ADA.

there's so much hate for RWC, but really, it's better than nothing. i've had generally good experiences with RWC, you just have to figure out the "art" of balancing/setting up your reflector pane thingy, and arrive early enough to get good seats (which i tend to do regardless)

of course, go to the bathroom and get all necessary refreshments beforehand, so you don't have to move out of your seat and screw up your reflector pane positioning :P

for captioned films in your area, you can check out captionfish.com ... it's usually pretty good about keeping updated on what movies are captioned in your area. otherwise, i believe AMC tells you which movies are captioned on their page, as well as Fandango.com

i don't think I need to check captionfish to see which day movie I want to see have OC. If I want to watch movie on Open day, I would want that movie to have OC PERIOD. No wait for one week later. I will use ADA if I have to

I asked where was the best place to sit at the movie , but is cost too much to go to the movie today! The last movie I saw had Tommy Lee Jones in it and I could not understand him as he mumble so much!!

Expensive! :p

Talk to your theater folks and see what accommodations they have to offer...they do have amplification options at some places. And as others have mentioned, some theaters have captioning as well (different kinds of captioning).

Enjoy your movie!

Expensive! :p

Talk to your theater folks and see what accommodations they have to offer...they do have amplification options at some places. And as others have mentioned, some theaters have captioning as well (different kinds of captioning).

Enjoy your movie!

there's so much hate for RWC, but really, it's better than nothing. i've had generally good experiences with RWC, you just have to figure out the "art" of balancing/setting up your reflector pane thingy, and arrive early enough to get good seats (which i tend to do regardless)

of course, go to the bathroom and get all necessary refreshments beforehand, so you don't have to move out of your seat and screw up your reflector pane positioning :P

for captioned films in your area, you can check out captionfish.com ... it's usually pretty good about keeping updated on what movies are captioned in your area. otherwise, i believe AMC tells you which movies are captioned on their page, as well as Fandango.com
:werd:

It's just a matter of getting comfortable.

I usually sit in one position throughout the whole movie. Some people move constantly. So, re-adjusting the RV display can be a hassle.

RV option makes it really uncomfortable for me to the point I cannot enjoy the movie.

Back