GM bankrutcy today 6/1/2009...what you think?

I think the tax payers will never get back their money use for the bail out! I wish we got some of that money to help kids that need extra help in school!

I think the tax payers will never get back their money use for the bail out! I wish we got some of that money to help kids that need extra help in school!
Of course we will never get our money back, not this generation nor the next.

Made in USA, cost too much because American want more money that GM cannot afford to pay the labor.

I disagree, it's the pure greed from the top-level dickfaces commanding several millions in the salary like 90millon a year as a CEO...... dont make me laugh

I disagree, it's the pure greed from the top-level dickfaces commanding several millions in the salary like 90millon a year as a CEO...... dont make me laugh

You FORGET!!!! OMfG! Strike in 2007. :aw:

Soon, we will be seeing Hummer vehicles stamped with "Made in China!"!

If I could remember about there's few Americans car that made in China, I means assembled and they have follow to US federal regulation when ship, especially crash rating and same blueprint will applies.

US refused to accept any Chinese car brands because of fail to meet the regulation and only existing brands like GM that has plant in China is ok.

Jeep survived AMC sale to Chrysler, so it should survive this latest debacle.

BTW, my '95 Cherokee was built in Mexico. Not sure where Hubby's Commander was built.

I think he was means if jeep brand is sold to other countries like China then it would insult to American's image but assemblies and plants are different thing.

I think he was means if jeep brand is sold to other countries like China then it would insult to American's image but assemblies and plants are different thing.
I understand.

You FORGET!!!! OMfG! Strike in 2007. :aw:

that was only the beginning of masses enlightenment, you know i dont give much hoot about american news, half of the news is so crap and full of holes, like a a month-old sun dried shit, real crap but full of holes and surely reeks too

Support Ford!

I grew up MAINLY riding in Chevy cars n trucks as well with majority of Dodge trucks.

So...I am/have been still doing Chevy and Dodge. I've heard too many horror stories from present/previous/ex ford owners. My father in law...he's a REAL cowboy and he bought a ford truck...had NOTHING but problems with it. He ACTUALLY drove it over a cliff!! No lie!!

My step-father on the other hand...he's loyal to FORD. Claims Ford Mustang can outrun any sports car. Ho hum....he keeps rubbing it in my face about GM and all that chit. I finally just told him to go F*** off!!

My opinion: whether GM/Dodge fails or not...a car is a car. A truck is a truck. If the manufacture goes away...what can you do about it? Just move on to the next best available and efficient vehicle. I personally haven't ever bought a Ford myself. It's not that I dont LIKE Ford..I just never found an interest in it that's all. Right now I own a 07 custom ordered Impala. When the heart of my car breaks...at that time, I will see whats out there. My dream is to have a Sahara Jeep or Wrangler lifted with 33 tires. (Hey DHB..help convince my wife!!! lol :) )

I grew up MAINLY riding in Chevy cars n trucks as well with majority of Dodge trucks.

So...I am/have been still doing Chevy and Dodge. I've heard too many horror stories from present/previous/ex ford owners. My father in law...he's a REAL cowboy and he bought a ford truck...had NOTHING but problems with it. He ACTUALLY drove it over a cliff!! No lie!!

My step-father on the other hand...he's loyal to FORD. Claims Ford Mustang can outrun any sports car. Ho hum....he keeps rubbing it in my face about GM and all that chit. I finally just told him to go F*** off!!

My opinion: whether GM/Dodge fails or not...a car is a car. A truck is a truck. If the manufacture goes away...what can you do about it? Just move on to the next best available and efficient vehicle. I personally haven't ever bought a Ford myself. It's not that I dont LIKE Ford..I just never found an interest in it that's all. Right now I own a 07 custom ordered Impala. When the heart of my car breaks...at that time, I will see whats out there. My dream is to have a Sahara Jeep or Wrangler lifted with 33 tires. (Hey DHB..help convince my wife!!! lol :) )

For me, I prefer Ford and Chrysler (Jeep, Dodge) over GM, for most choice is Ford.

Not just for GM, every cars and trucks does get problem in matters of time.

:popcorn: urp*!

I hate to admit Dodge Trucker was right about Ford. Any Ford after 1978 and afterward had a chronic problems.

My Dad: 1971 Ford "woody" Station Wagon, 1977 Ford "copper colored" Station Wagon w/ power lock, 1981 Ford Crown Victoria w/ full power (it sure looked like a cop car and had mechanical and electricial problems plus A/C problem)
My Mom: 1966 blue Ford Mustang hardtop (wrecked right front end by accident), 1967 green Ford Mustang Convertible, 1979 Ford Pinto SS (this car had bad paint job and chronic mechanical problems and was the "deadliest" car to own)
My oldest brother: 1984 black Ford F-150 pickup truck, his truck was pieces of crap and had chronic problems he finally killed it by accidently driving over big fallen tree across the path.

I don't own Ford,

I had 1977 Toyota Corolla (that dang car get 625 miles on one tank), 1989 Mazda 323 (my favorite car for 13 years), 1994 Mazda Protege, 1990 Protege, 1967 Chevy C-10 pickup truck w/ column shifter (classic truck), 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan, 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport (wrecked), and currently own 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited, 2005 Dodge Durango.

I'm a Chrysler owner (Jeep and Dodge)

I've been avoiding Ford at all cost!! :lol:

If GM bankrupt, I'm sure there will be another company buy them out and either change name or own a naming rights (perhap China).

Catty

Last edited:
:popcorn: urp*!

I hate to admit Dodge Trucker was right about Ford. My parent was a Ford car and Station Wagon owner back in 70's and 80's, they got fed up cuz they kept sending Ford to shop often than driving. It was engine trouble, electrical issue, and A/C problems and 1979 Ford Pinto had bad paint job when they bought brand new. There were class-action lawsuit against Ford for shoddy paint job and my parent got $$$ from Ford and have their car re-painted by MAACO :giggle: . Then my dad bought Volvo and my mom got Saturn and they're happy and didn't have much problem like ford.

I've seen it all and

Old news, man.

70's and 80's aren't same as today, Ford has become improve in recent years.

Catty, Volvo cars are part of Ford Motor Company.

Old news, man.

70's and 80's aren't same as today, Ford has become improve in recent years.

Agree

My best truck is 79 F150 tough truck for 17 years old owner.

For me I stick with Ford for now. Have Chevy for transportation it HORRIBLE but it get 28 mpg.

80's was worst for electric wiring it messy.

mediocre and ugly. I know they can do it but it's a shame that the management's not looking at big picture. At least Ford's got it right.

Henry Ford did not get it right! He supported Hitler! I will never buy a Ford!

Back