Glowing Fish

Yeah, this is cool. I think I have seen glowing fish somewhere before.

Wish they would become available for home aquarium.

yes they are cool. i have seen somehwere. i hope those fishes aren't in pain after they experiement on them. :(

Wish they would become available for home aquarium.

yeah they are indeed already available in the aquarium trade- neat creatures with the right lightning equipment and they're not that expensive anyways.

Now petco / petsmart many of the Local Fish Stores sells them too.

Glo Fish.

I have been given a dozen pink and orange ones but decided to trade them out for other fish as it was not jiving with my carefully planted biotope tanks. Yes I'm in the fish trade business. To be frank with you I rather leave fish alone as there are too many hybrid fish out there in the fish trade. But I have no complaints about Glo Fish because you cannot breed them. They're "supposed" to be sterile. So I dont see any objections to that.

They have been around for a while now!

Different types of Glo Fish. The Zebra Glo fish are the ones injected with the Jelly fish colors.

Others are injected with Dye. Which tends to fade in time.

That's cool...

Would be nice for use at home for those who like to use black lights in their room to make things glow. ;)

yeah they are indeed already available in the aquarium trade- neat creatures with the right lightning equipment and they're not that expensive anyways.

Now petco / petsmart many of the Local Fish Stores sells them too.

Glo Fish.

I have been given a dozen pink and orange ones but decided to trade them out for other fish as it was not jiving with my carefully planted biotope tanks. Yes I'm in the fish trade business. To be frank with you I rather leave fish alone as there are too many hybrid fish out there in the fish trade. But I have no complaints about Glo Fish because you cannot breed them. They're "supposed" to be sterile. So I dont see any objections to that.

even tho they are sopose to be sterilezed they can still breed it's a wird fish thing , they can contaminate some local populations so you can't get them in some states ... I still think that they are rather cool.

even tho they are sopose to be sterilezed they can still breed it's a wird fish thing , they can contaminate some local populations so you can't get them in some states ... I still think that they are rather cool.
Imagine eating those fish for dinner, then find our that your piss glows in the dark. :eek:

Back