Give your teenager son a goodnight kiss ok?

Opal

Reaction score
I just come home from a long weekend camping with 4 hearing families and one of them has a 15 years old son, he gave his father a good-night kiss, and the other family told me it is a big "No-no".

I was baffled why it is not normal for him to give his dad a kiss, I was told by them it is good chance he will become a poof one day, and it is wrong to continue like this. (FYI Their words, not mine ok!!)

I didn't think much about boys giving parents a kiss because I was bought up with sisters only as I don't have brothers or sons myself.

They explain to me that any boys should learn to stop giving their parents a kiss when they are around 12-13 as they will become a teenager when they are 13, and learn to be a man!!

I can't say anything about their recommend because I kiss my daughters a good night kiss sometimes, they said its normal because they are GIRLS!!!

Hahaha.. I am cracking up. My Cousin who is 32 going 33, he kisses his dad. they are close buds. My other cousins does kiss their dads.. my hubby doesnt kiss his dad at all. because he did not have close relationship when he was growing up because his dad travelled all over the world and wasn't home much.

My family does have tight close relationship with their parents. I plan do that to my boys, what is the difference, you see italian/french guys kiss on cheeks on each side. Pftt... ur ppl are making a biggie deal. pftt.

I see nothing wrong with a teenager giving a kiss to their parent. I have gave my parent kisses when I see them or when I am leaving to head home from their house. I have seen my brother whom is 16 years old giving my dad a kiss too and I see nothing wrong with that either.

They were just closed minded!

I am dad to my 4 yrs old son! I love him like crazy, sure I kissed him alot. I don't see anything wrong with that. The only time that its no no kissing him is when he don't want one. That is when respect is due.

DHB

i dont see anything wrong with it :dunno: ive seen it done by kissing on the cheeks -- dad/son and mom/son if the teenage son feels comfy with that expression -- same idea as what downing says

I see nothing wrong with kissing a same or opposite sex relative. I kissed my father good bye or hello whenever I visited. I continued that until he died when I was 27. I kiss my own mother goodbye whenever I go visiting my friends these days. :)

I even kiss my girlfriends good bye. ;)

Tamara said:
I just come home from a long weekend camping with 4 hearing families and one of them has a 15 years old son, he gave his father a good-night kiss, and the other family told me it is a big "No-no".

I was baffled why it is not normal for him to give his dad a kiss, I was told by them it is good chance he will become a poof one day, and it is wrong to continue like this. (FYI Their words, not mine ok!!)

I didn't think much about boys giving parents a kiss because I was bought up with sisters only as I don't have brothers or sons myself.

They explain to me that any boys should learn to stop giving their parents a kiss when they are around 12-13 as they will become a teenager when they are 13, and learn to be a man!!

I can't say anything about their recommend because I kiss my daughters a good night kiss sometimes, they said its normal because they are GIRLS!!!

Ugh, that is such silly ever I heard !!! I constantly kissed and hugged my two sons, they are 19 and 18 years old. I preferred to hug and kiss them until I die.

of course, they preferred to have their girlfriends affectionate them more than their own Mom.

I always said good night :ily: to two sons. I never miss that !!

Oh, I forgot to add that this 15 years old kiss his father on his lip, in front of us in the public place at camping weekend.

I don't pay any attention until one family comment about it!!

I do kiss my parents on their lips :)

that is fine as long no tongues are involved. I do kiss my parents on lips too, my boys does kiss me all over (younger drools on me since he s only 1 :ty: )

I am very stunning about your friend's comment because it's first time I ever heard in my life. :eek:

I see nothing wrong when my sons kiss me or their father with check or lips. They do that to us sometimes. We also kiss them good nights before they goes their bedtimes.

I will kiss my kids, although I will do it on the cheeks. :) Or foreheads, or hand, or temples. I don't really go for their lips...maybe it's just me, but I find that a little strange. Especially since kids these days are expecting kisses on the lips from a "crush" or something...and to have their MOM or DAD kiss 'em there might cramp their style or something? ;)

But ehhhh....they have delicious foreheads and cheeks...that's where I like planting 'em.

I do giving my 3 kids big kiss... on my own lips.. or cheek whatever.. depend let my child decison what their preferences kiss me on my own lip or cheek..

My 1st son always big sloppy kiss on me.. he's truly love MOM very much.. of course he still giving his Dad big hug and kiss on his cheek good enough.. not being "Gay" Not that reason.. "True showing loving family bonds" that's all.

Don't let them think you're wrong..
You're just fine doing. Okay!!

Tamara said:

I am not sure where you live in but ... we, americans unfortunately live in puritan country so yeah, close-mindedness is common.

nutthin wrong with that.. i do same thing.. i kiss my god daughter, my own mom and my good friends... nutthin wrong!

I think when son becomes a man after shaved usually father doesn't like to give a kiss to the older man or a son will not like it, too becuz of feeling different after they grow up. As a boy for now they are still have a babyface with no hard feeling shaved that would be worth it to give a cuddle kissing on the soft face like a female before they get older.

Italians kiss each other on the cheeks, so what's the big fuss?

Banjo said:
Italians kiss each other on the cheeks, so what's the big fuss?

Same with Middle East Persian Men do that. It looks weird not like here in USA only use by hand to hand shaking each other.

I don't see the big deal. My brothers (18 and 16) don't kiss their dad, but they don't have that kind of relationship. I am 20 and I still kiss both my parents goodnight or goodbye. Should it be different just because it's a guy? I have a male friend who kisses his father when he sees him and he's 19. As long as it's an appropriate kiss between a parent and child, why should there be a problem?

I dont see nothing wrong with that. I do give my son a kiss on the lips, forehead, cheeck and he doesnt bother him. As long as they know that their child loves their mommy and daddy. That the best you could ever get from your child. So tell your friend to read this post and hush up. :D

Back