Give me your advices!

nozobo said:
*run off point*
maybe zesty got that book from your diary... :popcorn: diaries are sure fun to read...

Oh do you want to read my diary? I have three of them....maybe you are in my diary you never know :giggle:

SassyOne said:
It has been on NY Times bestseller list for many months now. You can find it at your local bookstore - whether it is Borders or Barnes Noble, etc.

sassy said it all!! :thumb:

The last thing I'd and any guy in his own right mind would want is a girlfriend or wife that blah...blah...blah...blah...blah...blah's nonstop.

I'd rather see footballs than her fingers flying in the air.

Richard :cheers:

BabyAngel said:
I have a friend e-mailed me and need some help about her relationship. I did give her some advices, but I don't think it did help her. Maybe yall can help me with this...This is what she said -

I have been going out with Lon for 7 months and I love him very much It is just that I have more fun hanging out with my friends I get all excited when we going see each other and look forward to it for days, but when I am actually with him I don't always get fun. All he wans to do is make out and when we are not doing that, he just want to watch tv or go to movie. I feel like talking and laughing and going out, but none of this is interesting to him. I am afraid we are headed for a break up, and I don't want that..at least I don't think I do. What should I do???
As others suggested... it is best for her to leave him right away or she will be suffer greatly in later time... But I wonder... have she ever talk to him concerning about that? Or ask him to work on these things that your friend found it distasteful for her and her relationship?

zesty said:
tell her to GET RID OF HIM.. and to get that book that meg and i mentioned a few weeks ago.. called: HE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU.. it is a worthwhile reading!
I read that book too. It is very good book but contains several errors & flaws that really need to explore... Nevertheless, it is worth to pick up and read for sure. Guys & Gals, don't forget to get John Gray's books too. His books are great.

After being in so many relationships, I have come to a conclusion of my own is that people do not change. I could talk and talk all I want but he will still not change unless it is minor.

I would rather just dump him if he is using me for sex and won't take me out on dates because if I tell him that I want to go out more often, he will make an attempt to take me out but eventually, he will slip back into his true colors.

Can't change a couch potato.

SassyOne said:
After being in so many relationships, I have come to a conclusion of my own is that people do not change. I could talk and talk all I want but he will still not change unless it is minor.

I would rather just dump him if he is using me for sex and won't take me out on dates because if I tell him that I want to go out more often, he will make an attempt to take me out but eventually, he will slip back into his true colors.

very true indeed!! thats another thing that i learned.. i forgot to add that in the other thread (related to counseling).. i learned that you cant change a person.. period .. or they do not change either ... .. if they want to change for the better.. GREAT!! if not.. then it is WORTHLESS just like sassy stated in the above..

SassyOne said:

I'll never be a couch potato, it is not my character but men can be change if they want to. That's where women kept making the mistakes thinking that they can change men if they like them and date/marry them... but in reality, they cannot change the men if men don't want or refuse to change.

As a man, I must admit I do acknowledge that most of men don't want to change. My father treated my mother real awful (my father is a conservative christian, maybe that's why? Need to research bit more myself in the future)... I saw what my father did to my mother in the past before my mother decided to divorce and left him. He literally used my mother as 'sex toy' to satisfied his so-called needs. Actually, there are more than that but that's where I finally realize the fact: how to be a very good man or be a man that women want.. by not to do what my father did. And wow, it works. Of course, that's my character/personality but I grow up learning from my father's mistakes and made a promise to myself that that I will never, never be like my father.

Back to your post, 'couch potato' can be change as long as they want to be change. Nothing more or less than that. Like I said before, men can be stupid sometimes but not all of men are :)

zesty said:
very true indeed!! thats another thing that i learned.. i forgot to add that in the other thread (related to counseling).. i learned that you cant change a person.. period .. or they do not change either ... .. if they want to change for the better.. GREAT!! if not.. then it is WORTHLESS just like sassy stated in the above..

Girl....you always make me laugh because you always being silly :)

BabyAngel said:
Girl....you always make me laugh because you always being silly :)

uh oh?? but in that post.. i was serious.. not being goofy.. or are you referring to my posts in general?? :P

UPDATE:

I talked to my friend about her situation...I did even tell her about YOUR advices. She said she talked with her "man" about her feelings and guess what? her man said "that feeling is a common thing, it is differences between guys and girls. Guys like to sit on couch and watch tv, but girls like to go out and have fun. That is normal way for that because it is a partnership" I was like HUH???? :confused:

zesty said:
uh oh?? but in that post.. i was serious.. not being goofy.. or are you referring to my posts in general?? :P

Yes in general chats :P

zesty said:

*off-topic* Hmm...how can we tell?! Afterall, you're always have your tongue hanging out.... :lol: :whistle:

Back to the topic: She could tried umplugging the TV, putting a pile of laundry on the couch and see how he responds to that...if he gets mad or upset, then surely, showing him out the door will not only save you from further disappointments and lost feelings....however, if he sees that the TV is unplugged and the pile of clothes spread out on the couch...and having her giving him ideas of what she would want in the relationship and perhaps he'll respond accordingly...without sweeping her off her feet and heading down to the bedroom....This might be worth a 'try' and see how he responds to it, otherwise, helping him out through the door, thus, ending the relationship....There ARE many other guys who will definitely take her for what she is worth, not treating her like some sexual object only!!

BabyAngel said:
UPDATE:

I talked to my friend about her situation...I did even tell her about YOUR advices. She said she talked with her "man" about her feelings and guess what? her man said "that feeling is a common thing, it is differences between guys and girls. Guys like to sit on couch and watch tv, but girls like to go out and have fun. That is normal way for that because it is a partnership" I was like HUH???? :confused:

he is OUTTA THE DOOR, PERIOD!! sheesh!! she can do better than that!! gosh!!

Roadrunner said:
*off-topic* Hmm...how can we tell?! Afterall, you're always have your tongue hanging out.... :lol: :whistle:

Back to the topic: She could tried umplugging the TV, putting a pile of laundry on the couch and see how he responds to that...if he gets mad or upset, then surely, showing him out the door will not only save you from further disappointments and lost feelings....however, if he sees that the TV is unplugged and the pile of clothes spread out on the couch...and having her giving him ideas of what she would want in the relationship and perhaps he'll respond accordingly...without sweeping her off her feet and heading down to the bedroom....This might be worth a 'try' and see how he responds to it, otherwise, helping him out through the door, thus, ending the relationship....There ARE many other guys who will definitely take her for what she is worth, not treating her like some sexual object only!!

haha.. are you saying this from your experiences with angel!?? (wink!) :rofl:

zesty said:
haha.. are you saying this from your experiences with angel!?? (wink!) :rofl:

Very cute and funni....if so, all I had to do was go to the other room where the tv was...heh heh....but NO....we share the same common traits for showing kindness and courtesy towards each other...to spend quality time together....

BabyAngel said:
UPDATE:

Ok, that is offical that her boyfriend does NOT care about your friend at all. She have to walk out on him or she will be hurt more in later time.

He cannot treat her like that... He just cannot.

Last edited:
Back