Girl, 17, jailed for leaving kitten in oven to die

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
Girl, 17, jailed for leaving kitten in oven to die

'Tiger Lily' was roasted as NYC apartment was ransacked, officials say

NEW YORK - A New York City teenager has admitted that she failed to let a kitten out of an oven after a friend put the animal inside and left it to roast to death.

After pleading guilty to charges of animal cruelty and attempted burglary on Wednesday, 17-year-old Cheyenne Cherry confronted a row of animal activists outside the courtroom. Cherry stuck out her tongue and told the activists that the kitten named Tiger Lily was "dead."

Authorities say Cherry and a 14-year-old friend ransacked a Bronx apartment before putting the cat in the oven, where it cried and scratched before dying.

The 14-year-old was charged with aggravated animal cruelty and burglary in the May 6 incident.

Cherry will serve a year in jail under a plea bargain.

Teen jailed for leaving cat in oven to die - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

A year in jail for killing a cat?

The worst thing what a person can do is bake a cat? That’s absolute lowest thing a person can do!!! She is a sociopath and need to stay in Psych Ward for a long time.

I myself have beautiful cats and totally outraged!!!

*shake my head disgustly*

Ummmm....I posted this a few days ago....and seems the Mod's removed it due to some complaints.....It's a good post....disturbing, I admit, but things of this nature do transpire, and the public should be aware of.

A year in jail isn't gonna do the teen any good!

Cherry stuck out her tongue and told the activists that the kitten named Tiger Lily was "dead."

This girl deserves a longer sentence because she shows no remorse.

If she's after 18 years old then she will receive longer sentence, probably 5 years or more.

She's just 17 years old, it's usually in juvenile.

Ummmm....I posted this a few days ago....and seems the Mod's removed it due to some complaints.....It's a good post....disturbing, I admit, but things of this nature do transpire, and the public should be aware of.

A year in jail isn't gonna do the teen any good!

Really? :shock:

This truly is a disturbing article. Anyone that would cause harm to a defenseless animal has issues. All they wanted was to be loved. :(

This article reminds me about these teenagers in Alberta breaking into a house, stealing stuff, and then they put the family's cat into a microwave. They left a note telling the family that they killed their cat.

Do these people have a conscience?

Psycho! This girl needs special treatment not jail! She sure must have some background to act out like this...

Disgusting and I feel soooo bad for the poor kitty :(

What the hell..... What's wrong with some people in this world, so cruel!

A year is nothing! She should got life.

Maybe they should fly her to Auschwitz and shove her sorry ass in the oven.

A kitten today, a baby tomorrow.

If she doesn't get serious help in addition to her short punishment, she will surely elevate the degree of her cruelty and crime.

Know what, serial killers starts out by killing innocent animals...

Let's just hope she doesn't end up as one..

Yiz

She will get a much worse sentence if she've put a human baby in the oven, obviously. Most ppl who abuse animals are most likely to abuse people, but they dont get as much jail time when they abuse animals as they do to other humans.

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

I rather her to stay in jail for one year and 200,000 hours community service to clean up animal's poops..

A kitten today, a baby tomorrow.

If she doesn't get serious help in addition to her short punishment, she will surely elevate the degree of her cruelty and crime.
Agreed. I wonder about this girl. Her degree of cruelty is shocking.

Back