getting an iPod...

Mulak

Reaction score
hey y'all

i'm getting an iPod and i'm sure most of you know the headphone that come with it that does not work for us deaf people. I want to know if there is a headphone for deaf people and for non-deaf people as well so i can let them to my friends. I dont want to get a DJ headphone...

Mulak

My kid brother just got an iPod. Haven't really seen what kind of headphone it comes with, but I'm assuming it's a standard earbud headphone. Being hard of hearing, I use a regular headphone to listen to music on my PC or disc player. Others might find it uncomfortable or not strong enough, or both, and they wear an Epic piece that works with t-coil hearing aids.

Link: http://www.hatis.com/epic.shtml

the only thing i can think of but non-deaf can hear... is using the boot and plug it to the behind the ear

I've seen special around-the-neck wires that work with T-mode on hearing aids. ;)

AH! I love i pod. yeah I use the small headphone that fit in my ears. those are not the best... I hate DJ s headphone. where do you buy the thing around your neck with putting T mode hearing aid?

WOW! Since I am profoundly deaf, I have been struggling to find ways to listen to music. A few years ago, hearing aids didn't work properly for me, and now I am almost 19 years old. I want to wear hearing aids again, but my mom kept say that I need cochlear implant, and I don't want to go through long process of speech therapy while continuing my education. Vamprxoy, does NTID provide Audiology services? I would rather get hearing aids after high school on my own and I will pay for the batteries.

rjr2006 said:
WOW! Since I am profoundly deaf, I have been struggling to find ways to listen to music. A few years ago, hearing aids didn't work properly for me, and now I am almost 19 years old. I want to wear hearing aids again, but my mom kept say that I need cochlear implant, and I don't want to go through long process of speech therapy while continuing my education. Vamprxoy, does NTID provide Audiology services? I would rather get hearing aids after high school on my own and I will pay for the batteries.

Yes they do have it at NTID. Wish you the best of luck!!! :D

Back