Get to know Matt, ask me anything.

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
your website is very cool, I can see you tell about your veryyy personal on your website. but I like that :thumb:
Thank you. Its like a Journal (Diary in girls terms) LOL. :D I like it. Nothing much happening in my life recently.

I am very surpirsed that no one asked my opinion, as a hearing person, on CI's. Well, here is the story...

A lil over 3 years ago, just after I met my ex and AllisonJoy, I was talking to AllisonJoy online. I mentioned CI to her. She stated that she would never have one and didn't want to be a "robot". At that time, i was shocked to hear that someone wouldn't want to hear.

Now, after 3 years, CI's to me are great for adults who have lost their hearing and don't want to be deaf. I think CI's should be the choice of the person who is getting it. I know, if I was to have a kid, and that kid was born deaf, like hell would that kid get a CI.

HI Matty.. and Good Morning..

Well, I am against CI... even.. when i was 15 years old, my mom forced me to have surgery.. I kept telling her no.. (I am very afraid of surgery even drill in my skull :eek:) but she got trick me into it.. by not knowing that day.. she says i have to go take hearing test.. so we went in Dr.. and they prepped up and almost put me sleep, I felt it wasnt right for having hearing test.. i asked wait.. whats going on? they said.. did you know that you are having CI surgery.. i said no.. they stopped and put things away and put me in Dr office, very disappointed with my mom.. for tricked me.. so Dr respected me for not having one..
other thing why I am against CI, because like AllisonJoy "robot"
and have alot effect sides.. almost 1/2 of my friends who had CI, had gone thru bad effect sides.. like arm weakened, had alot of headaches, and alot more..
So, I think CI should nt be invented in *that* kind of surgery.. they should do better than drill thru skull.. :\
But if person supported or go for CI, I wouldnt agure;.. cuz its their opinions.. :)

wow, i cant believe your mom did that, msgiglz -- good thing the doctors found out you knew nothign about it and stopped it. i personally believe its the person's choice not their parents and so on..

Originally posted by allisonjoy
wow, i cant believe your mom did that, msgiglz -- good thing the doctors found out you knew nothign about it and stopped it. i personally believe its the person's choice not their parents and so on..

Yep, i know my mom treated me so badly all my childhood and teen years... I hated her.. but now I forgave her.. and love her.
:) why? she is only grandma who can be there for my kids, to re-wind the love that she and myself didnt have..

Originally posted by MsGiglz
Yep, i know my mom treated me so badly all my childhood and teen years... I hated her.. but now I forgave her.. and love her.
:) why? she is only grandma who can be there for my kids, to re-wind the love that she and myself didnt have..

that's true. I dont talk to my mom at all but She should see my sons often since they are her grandsons :|

I don't believe that your mom tried that. That is NOT right. But it is good that you 2 have made up. I really do believe in making up with ones we love and ones that love us.

glad to hear you two are doing better! ;)

LOL...Thank KW68. You are cool, too. I hope to meet tons of people from here eventually. *R* :grouphug:

Originally posted by prostock19
LOL...Thank KW68. You are cool, too. I hope to meet tons of people from here eventually. *R* :grouphug:
U will have the chance to meet some of us i think ...

Originally posted by prostock19
I don't believe that your mom tried that. That is NOT right. But it is good that you 2 have made up. I really do believe in making up with ones we love and ones that love us.

yeah belive it... she did.. even she tried harder..
whats more.. she still does that once in while.. beg/nag/kick my butt.. to get my hearing check or surgery.. :/
even she is embarassing to hang out with me and my deaf friends.. or she dont let me intive my deaf friends to her cabin or her house..
but one thing she accepts my man.. I just moved on .. and let her be.. all the matters to have my mom to be there for my kids.. (only grandma) even she isnt really any better lately.. it was hard to pull out my heart and love her.. :D

yeah belive it... she did.. even she tried harder..
whats more.. she still does that once in while.. beg/nag/kick my butt.. to get my hearing check or surgery.. :/
even she is embarassing to hang out with me and my deaf friends.. or she dont let me intive my deaf friends to her cabin or her house..
but one thing she accepts my man.. I just moved on .. and let her be.. all the matters to have my mom to be there for my kids.. (only grandma) even she isnt really any better lately.. it was hard to pull out my heart and love her.. :D
:grouphug: Well, you are always invited in my house.

Get to know me better....

I love my hair short, especially in the summer. I just cut it again today. Cut to about 1/16 inch.

Back