George Orwell Would Be Impressed With Barack Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
The market records confidence (or lack of same) in the future, not just what's happening now. The Wall Street guys don't have confidence in the current plan. That's what the figures show.

Maybe they are baised against Obama personally not against the plan, itself? That is something to consider...

Maybe they are baised against Obama personally not against the plan, itself? That is something to consider...

And, the "Wall Street guys" don't determine the rise and fall of the market. Their predictions of gloom and doom only perpetuate the lack of confidence of the investors, which sets up a self fulfilling prophecy.

Inserting an exclamation point after your statement made it appear as if you were upset.
:confused: An exclamation point means the sentence is an exclamation, that's all. Unless it's some new texting thing that I've missed. If I'm upset I'll borrow Jiro's :mad2:

Calling Obama a skilled orator is not a compliment coming from a conservative. [/quote]
It's not? Well, I'm sorry if you can't accept a compliment from me. I guess anything good I do say about Obama won't be accepted so there isn't much point in posting it.

When I was taking speech class I would have loved to have someone say I was a skilled orator. Oh, well.

I think investors care more about their money than any personal bias.

:confused: An exclamation point means the sentence is an exclamation, that's all. Unless it's some new texting thing that I've missed. If I'm upset I'll borrow Jiro's :mad2:

Calling Obama a skilled orator is not a compliment coming from a conservative.
It's not? Well, I'm sorry if you can't accept a compliment from me. I guess anything good I do say about Obama won't be accepted so there isn't much point in posting it.

When I was taking speech class I would have loved to have someone say I was a skilled orator. Oh, well.[/QUOTE]

Me too. But I was in a different kind of speech class. ;)

I'm unfamiliar with texting (since I'm totally blind and can't read them anyways), so I wouldn't know one way or the other.

Hear Again,
You are always repeating that Bush messed things up and did damage in 8 years. What damage? Seriously.

Re: the red highlights, What is the point Jiro?

Actually the stock market has been steadily going down since BO was named the Democrat choice for Presidential candidate.
President Bush's stimulus did nothing good and neither will BO's.

Calling Obama a skilled orator is not a compliment coming from a conservative.
Really!?!

Hear Again,
You are always repeating that Bush messed things up and did damage in 8 years. What damage? Seriously.

That's right -- because he did. If you can't see the damage Bush caused, then you're blinder than I am. :cool2:

Actually the stock market has been steadily going down since BO was named the Democrat choice for Presidential candidate.

You're expecting things to be turned around in 30 days? :laugh2:

Would you kindly refrain from calling Obama "BO?" That's insulting -- not to mention racist.

Hear Again,

Re: the red highlights, What is the point Jiro?

President Bush's stimulus did nothing good and neither will BO's.

Really!?!

Wasnt it just last year, in 2008, when the housing market crisis happened? As I recall, Obama wasnt in office then...I think that started the domino effect leading to where we are now, as far as the economy is.

Would you kindly refrain from calling Obama "BO?" That's insulting -- not to mention racist.
No thanks I like BO.
Splitting hairs? Overly sensitive? both I guess.
Sorry but BO it is (his initials B.O.) the same as GW or W

Wasnt it just last year, in 2008, when the housing market crisis happened?
They would like people to think so Shel, but actually this has been coming on for a long time. Both parties have had a hand in it and Presidents have been from both parties. President Bush and many others were calling for reform and reigning in the likes of Franklin Rains for a long time. Of course they were met with "Republicans are just rich and hate poor people and don't want them to own houses" and so - just like the flippant "your a racist" comment the Republicans backed off because the public were being told the hype.
Were ther Democrats who were saying whoa as well, sure, but they were not being called "hey, those rich Democrats hate the poor..." . And don't forget that the Democrats have controlled both houses since 2006.

Short answer - NO. this all didn't just start last year.

If you can't see the damage Bush caused
I guess I'll have to put a Jillio on you....Please substantiate your accusal of President Bush by posting proof.

BO is certainly a skillful orator :)

BO is certainly a skillful orator :)

like Bill Clinton. I especially loved how Bill Clinton spanked Chris Wallace in his own interview when Wallace tried to shame him in front of million viewers for 9/11 and it was a LIVE SHOW!!! I lol'ed for a whole night :laugh2:

it was an EPIC FAIL OF THE YEAR for Chris Wallace

I guess I'll have to put a Jillio on you....Please substantiate your accusal of President Bush by posting proof.

I don't need to. The fact that Obama won the election by a landslide is proof enough. :cool2:

Better to be a skillful orator than a bumbling idiot who can't string 2 sentences together. :cool2:

:laugh2: I will sorely miss Bush's awkward jokes :lol: but he's still a good man who tried his best to protect this country for as long as he can.

like Bill Clinton. I especially loved how Bill Clinton spanked Chris Wallace in his own interview when Wallace tried to shame him in front of million viewers for 9/11 and it was a LIVE SHOW!!! I lol'ed for a whole night :laugh2:

it was an EPIC FAIL OF THE YEAR for Chris Wallace

Ronald Reagan was a skilled orator, as well. As was Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, FDR, Harry Truman, and Jimmy Carter. What is it with the "skilled orator" crap?

Ronald Reagan was a skilled orator, as well. As was Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, FDR, Harry Truman, and Jimmy Carter. What is it with the "skilled orator" crap?

I guess it means they can bullshit the American people easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back