Gallaudet under fire after official placed on leave over ballot signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise - Gallaudet University made a huge mess now and the president has to clean the mess.

The university president was a big player in that mess making.

not surprising to see LGBT organizations to protest because it sheds a bad light on them. sux to see that they all have resorted to ass-kissing politic rather than focusing on the cause.

bunch of gutless buffoons. oh well.

I've been trying to stay out of the crossfire.

It is a heated issue for sure, but I think more than anything this scratched the scab off of an old wound. I think once taxpayers start weighing the costs vs. benefits of the school this issue will get much bigger.

The university president was a big player in that mess making.

Not just university president only but entire of administration at Gallaudet University.

The 2006 was biggest mistake ever, even worse than 2012, though.

Not even close. :lol: Which is probably a good thing.

Why are you said it is good thing for not get over it?

Do you have problem with Gallaudet University, outside of McCaskill's situation?

That's not funny and the issue need to be resolved as soon as possible.

but.... this isn't a criminal prosecution. since it is an internal matter, the suspect does not have the right to know, meet, confront their accuser if a formal complaint has been filed against him/her.

Unless she sues and goes to court!

It is a heated issue for sure, but I think more than anything this scratched the scab off of an old wound. I think once taxpayers start weighing the costs vs. benefits of the school this issue will get much bigger.

That's only bigger to you, but it isn't bigger to us.

Many of funds to public universities are come from taxpayers.

Why are you said it is good thing for not get over it?

Do you have problem with Gallaudet University, outside of McCaskill's situation?

That's not funny and the issue need to be resolved as soon as possible.

Because I don't feel this should be quickly swept under the rug. GU has some major issues IMO, they need to be confronted. The same few names keep poping up.....something needs to be done about that.

That's only bigger to you, but it isn't bigger to us.

Many of funds to public universities are come from taxpayers.

Who is us?

I think taxpayers need to take a hard look at Gallaudet and see if there is any real value in funding the university.

Who is us?

I think taxpayers need to take a hard look at Gallaudet and see if there is any real value in funding the university.

what's your stance on that? like... do you believe funding should stop?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amQzbELvcKM&feature=player_embedded]Diversity, A. McCaskill, Petition, T. Perkins, Race Card - YouTube[/ame]

Because I don't feel this should be quickly swept under the rug. GU has some major issues IMO, they need to be confronted. The same few names keep poping up.....something needs to be done about that.

Please list the issues that Gallaudet University has, beside McCaskill's situation.

Please list the issues that Gallaudet University has, beside McCaskill's situation.

Not to be rude, But, I am not interested in listing them or debating them on AD.

Who is us?

Whoever believe that McCaskill's situation is bigger.

Gallaudet University does have real value and they have a lot of research about deaf communities, even research in language communications. They are excellent university for any deaf students who want become teacher and our state VR recommended deaf people to attend the Gallaudet University because of serious interpreter shortage in state of Alabama. We are in crisis with interpreter shortage now and the captionist didn't work for me. Gallaudet University is deserved to get federal funding because they have best done to deaf communities and they are only one university that offer deaf education with ASL as primary language. They do run mistakes like other universities, so have to resolved and fix the flawed system in administration. Gallaudet University has excellent ASL program for students with new signers and they can become fluent in ASL in about months. You are required to be proficient in ASL to make success in the Gallaudet, but if you are not motivated or not interested to learn ASL so Gallaudet isn't for you.

Gallaudet University had received a consequence in past for huge mistake in 2006 and they risk to lose the accreditation, but recovered by interim president.

There is budget plan from Gallaudet University, also it include MSSD and KDES.
http://www.gallaudet.edu/Documents/President/Budget_FY2012.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back