Gallaudet: Losing deaf culture???

In both places at once? Dang.

He was the head honcho at NTID for quite a number of years and then Gallaudet needed a new President. He, along with some others applied and he (Alan Hurwitz) ws chosen by the Board and he's been there about a year now.

And, yes, he matriculated at CID.

He was the head honcho at NTID for quite a number of years and then Gallaudet needed a new President. He, along with some others applied and he (Alan Hurwitz) ws chosen by the Board and he's been there about a year now.

And, yes, he matriculated at CID.

That is correct, but they have entirely different styles. Hurwitz is fluent in ASL while Buckley (who matriculated at CID also) is not. *shrugs*

But, sorry, I have to agree with that blogger because I doubt ASL signers will be here forever... because of how advanced technology goes.

Nope. People have been arguing that technology will eridicate Deaf culture from the time of the first hearing aids. Although technlogy is advanced it cannot and does not mimic nautral human functioning............

That is correct, but they have entirely different styles. Hurwitz is fluent in ASL while Buckley (who matriculated at CID also) is not. *shrugs*

I know I read that something like 95% of grads of the oral schools eventually become fluent in ASL, as a second language. Like at the alumn reunions, you see tons of people signing.

Back