Funniest thing an uneducated person has said to you?

bwahahaha!!

i went into the apple store to get my iPod fixed and the assistant asked, "so why do you need an iPod?"

i responded, "to play Solitaire and stare at song titles."

Love that response!

I've had people ask if my daughter's CI was a "tracking device" (haha, I wish. Sure would make life easier). Or is it an insulin pump...yep, pump that insulin straight into her brain...

Love that response!

I've had people ask if my daughter's CI was a "tracking device" (haha, I wish. Sure would make life easier). Or is it an insulin pump...yep, pump that insulin straight into her brain...

The insulin pump is funny!:laugh2:

Love that response!

I've had people ask if my daughter's CI was a "tracking device" (haha, I wish. Sure would make life easier). Or is it an insulin pump...yep, pump that insulin straight into her brain...[/QUOTE]

:laugh2: Wow! An insulin pump? People can say the strangest things sometimes. :giggle:

Oh me this thread is funny. I like the one where the deaf guy asked Bucket if she knew when to stop wiping her behind... Facepalm/head to desk on that one. Oh me.. golly.

And that Samatha's mom got asked if her daughter's CI was an insulin pump... lol... wouldn't the insulin cause brain damage if it actually did that? :P Some people just don't think.

Last edited:
Sad thing is, they don't have to be uneducated or stupid to ask these rediculous questions! I guess they just turn off their brains for a moment. I've had people who are otherwise extremely intelligent turn around and ask such idiot questions regarding my deafness!

I think I've finally gotten it through my dad's head that I CANNOT HEAR WHEN HE KNOCKS ON MY DOOR. I told him that if he can knock loud enough for me to hear it, the door would shatter and his fist would burst into flames.

I've had a high school aged girl come up to me in the grocery store, stare at my hearing aids for a second and pointed and said, "what kind of cell phone is that?"

Love that response!

I've had people ask if my daughter's CI was a "tracking device" (haha, I wish. Sure would make life easier). Or is it an insulin pump...yep, pump that insulin straight into her brain...[/QUOTE]

That is a strange one! LOL!

Can you read lips?

Then they proceed to just move their lips without using their voice, exaggerating their lip movements. This is almost comical in some instances.

When the radio is blaring they try to talk to me, when I ask them to repeat themselves they shout at me like they had to go out of their way to speak to me. I would I have turned down the radio only it wasnt my vehicle.

Not only that when they shout, it makes it harder to understand them because they exaggerate every word they speak.

Im not dumb, just deaf.

Off-topic...

I've been told the same thing about my blindness. (i.e. "You don't look blind.") I usually respond by asking, "Do you expect me to run into things while flailing both of my arms?" Sheesh. :roll:

:laugh2: That is too funny!

Funniest thing an uneducated deaf person has said to me....and this was pretty recently: Are you going to vote for Obama?

Funniest thing an uneducated deaf person has said to me....and this was pretty recently: Are you going to vote for Obama?

Considering recent poles, the likelihood of either of the two possible answers warrants the validity of the question.

Ouch!

I could say the same thing about d/Deaf McCain supporters, but since that isn't the point behind this thread, I'll refrain.

Considering recent poles, the likelihood of either of the two possible answers warrants the validity of the question.

Well now, Missy, let's take care of the poles first. Put them away so nobody gets hurt. :lol:

Ouch!

I could say the same thing about d/Deaf McCain supporters, but since that isn't the point behind this thread, I'll refrain.

Go right ahead; there can't be more than a half dozen of us.

Back