From a land far, far away... Norway.

marianneelisabeth

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Marianne, and I'm 25 years old, from Norway. :)

I'm a chef under education, and my interests are reading, watching movie and training. :)

I can't sign ASL, only Norwegian sign language, but I've always wanted to learn ASL.

I also have a Cochlea implantat, which has helped me to communicate with other hearing people. But sometimes I really miss just using sign language and be a real deaf girl. :)

Hello! I grew up on Norwegian mythology and trolls an the like! :) Definitely would love to visit one day! :)

:welcome:

HI WECOLME,I ABLE DO SMALL BIT OF asl I DO BSL IF YOU CAN DO fsl that helps

Thanks! :)

Norway isn't a cold country, as many people may think. Right now, we don't have snow. It's usually snow and cold in the winter, but to me it seems like it's spring here... A bit sad because I like to go on ski - cross-country. :)

oh Norwegian girl good morning! if it is for the spring weather in your country, here in Italy there are places where it is also -20 degrees, -30 degrees .... for you would be a nice coolish and you can ski :D

Sounds wonderful, mortimer!

It's the warmest winter in Norway in many, many years. We have snow in the mountains, but it's not as cold as in the places in Italy you're talking about.

Thank you, SilverRoxy. :)

Where's people here from?

Norway...awesome...awesome.
the vikings were badass! badass!!!! we need more vikings these days.....
wicked a deaf girl from norway..
love it!!
wink

Sounds wonderful, mortimer!

It's the warmest winter in Norway in many, many years. We have snow in the mountains, but it's not as cold as in the places in Italy you're talking about.

Thank you, SilverRoxy. :)

Where's people here from?

How incredible! If there's one thing I love about sign language, its that we all use two hands to sign but the dialects are incredibly different. You often don't have to travel far to notice differences in how we sign.

Have you met anyone trying to learn NSL? If so, how difficult was it for them to learn? Sorry for the many questions, I'm always curious to learn more about how the other countries sign!

Oh, and I'm from the USA. Boring, I know. Welcome.

Hi and Welcome. I am from Alaska. It is very different up here now too. :wave:

It's da Polar vortex!

46587830.jpg

Welcome Marianneelisabeth!:wiggle:

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

How incredible! If there's one thing I love about sign language, its that we all use two hands to sign but the dialects are incredibly different. You often don't have to travel far to notice differences in how we sign.

Have you met anyone trying to learn NSL? If so, how difficult was it for them to learn? Sorry for the many questions, I'm always curious to learn more about how the other countries sign!

Oh, and I'm from the USA. Boring, I know. Welcome.

Hello!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I've been busy.

I've met some people who has tried to learn NSL, and how easy it is, depends on if they really are interested in learning NSL... But if they are, they learn fast and it's a simple languange. I'm saying that because it's the only I know about. :P

Back