Friends that smoke too much Weed

Wrong. People that smoke pot are genetically inclined to try other drugs. That is how they crossed the threshold from using no drugs, to using pot. It isn't a case of pot making someone want to try other things.

Been there, done that. Retired. :wave:

Feel free to reread what you wrote, making special note of the bolded part. That. a pronoun, the only thing in that sentence previously you can possibly be refering to is "their genetic inclination". So take out pronoun, insert subject and that sentence changes to Their genetic inclination is how they crossed the threshold from using no drugs, to using pot.

If that's not what you meant, maybe you should retract the statement and reword it eh?:cool2: You do say, twice, that the people that smoke pot are genetically inclined to it. That's rubbish, complete rubbish. The people that become addicted to it, and no not everyone does, have a genetic inclication for addiction, that inclination yes may led to other drug use, I never argued that. My point is that not everyone that tried weed has genetic addiciton issues. It's a sill blanket statement that not everyone falls under.

I have a little trouble with the studies. For one thing it is hard to determine accuracy. It is the same old thing every time. How big the study group, what kind of demographic the study group drawn from, what method of out witting the placebo effect. On and on. The big drug companies a few years ago had to force themselves to get together and redetermine their study methods because people are so much more gullible now it skews their studies.

I have seen a whole lot of different results from people doing the exact same things. Myself I drink I turn into a crazy wild man. Other people they drink and they chat and get excited over a who was the best ball player in the 1964 World Series.
Some people smoke a little weed and end up zoned out eating frito's watching Jerry Springer.
I smoke a little weed and turn into some kind of happy productive creative person that cannot do it because he has to pass drug tests.
The genetics do play a part. Some people are naturally inclined to push the envelope. It just has to be that way for them. It turns out there are a lot of people with that going on.. it is a matter of degree.. and of course what they like.

I like that :) weed though is wasted on me lmao I lost all tolerance for it. I used to smoke it, a lot of it. I tried probably every other drug out there too in my early 20s, didn't care for most of them, pot was always my favorite. But I quit when I was pregnant and never went back to it, just wasn't interested in it anymore. I have had a toke here and there over the years, but it sends me right to bed. So yep, it's wasted on me. Probably didn't help that I'd been drinking every time. See that's another thing, you can do one or the other, although if you get drunk you'll be more messed up than if you just toke, but if you do both? Stick a fork in you you're all done. They're both depressants so you're just sloppy wasted.

im exaclty the same...tried just about everything, except needles..(dreaded that)...and yes ive had a wee toke or 2 maybe once every 3 or 4 years, its too strong now. My guess id probably be ok with one small hash cookies because its slow release.. but hash still too strong, so then just a spinkle of buds..or even some left over weed (leaves). im that sensitive now.

Feel free to reread what you wrote, making special note of the bolded part. That. a pronoun, the only thing in that sentence previously you can possibly be refering to is "their genetic inclination". So take out pronoun, insert subject and that sentence changes to Their genetic inclination is how they crossed the threshold from using no drugs, to using pot.

If that's not what you meant, maybe you should retract the statement and reword it eh?:cool2: You do say, twice, that the people that smoke pot are genetically inclined to it. That's rubbish, complete rubbish. The people that become addicted to it, and no not everyone does, have a genetic inclication for addiction, that inclination yes may led to other drug use, I never argued that. My point is that not everyone that tried weed has genetic addiciton issues. It's a sill blanket statement that not everyone falls under.
yup
a blanket statement for political distortion, so science is guilty of that too, since as aforementioned, i said, science and politics are never neutral

If your friends' only goals are to get that next high then they are deep in the thros of their addicition. Like someone said, it is obviously they are escaping something painful.

Seems like it is time to move on to make new friends if their behaviors are dragging you down.

I said people that are inclined to try weed are genetically inclined to try drugs of any kind.

I disagree. Unless they find a weed, alcohol, heroin or other gene, I see no reason to think the body MUST have it.

Nature decides that you like to feel good, yes, but it doesn't decide how you feel good.

I disagree. Unless they find a weed, alcohol, heroin or other gene, I see no reason to think the body MUST have it.

Nature decides that you like to feel good, yes, but it doesn't decide how you feel good.

Let me make sure I am reading you correctly. Are you saying that if people who are addicted to drugs are not because of their bodies needing the drugs?

I fail to see your point. Why are those people at these types of social gatherings, if it is not somehow part of their makeup? What factor determines that someone hangs with the doper crowd? There might be some social pressures to take a toke, but why are they moving along to stronger pastures? Why are some people not satisfied with hanging with pot smokers?
I do not say that people will automatically move to stronger drugs. I say they are MORE inclined to do so.

Well, I am comparing people willing to try pot to people that want to try skydiving. Most people are afraid to try it, but some people aren't. It is their personal makeup that determines this, IMO.

I fail to see your point. Why are those people at these types of social gatherings, if it is not somehow part of their makeup? What factor determines that someone hangs with the doper crowd? There might be some social pressures to take a toke, but why are they moving along to stronger pastures? Why are some people not satisfied with hanging with pot smokers?
I do not say that people will automatically move to stronger drugs. I say they are MORE inclined to do so.

Well I'm sorry yo fail to grasp it and feel some strange reason to overanalyze why young people dabble in drug use. To come to the conclusion that the reason anyone would do so is because they genetically predisposed to addiction is simply asinine.

There are people addicted to social media, so I guess if someone joined Facebook they must have a genetic predisposition to addiction. People are addicted to gambling so I guess if someone decides to plan a Vegas vacation and try their hand at the slot machines they must have genetic inclination for addiction. Sounds pretty silly doesn't it? See my point now?

All this bickering about studies. This is another reason why it is so much easier to avoid all mood altering drugs. I don't have to worry about addiction, tolerance, cost, side effects, legality, genetics, society, job screening, etc. :)

My feelings are that some people start off with cigarettes, then go to Pot...after that, it's other drugs that are available to them, and if their friends are doing it, then more than likely, they will try it.

I'm a strong-mined person. And went to many parties where all kind of drugs were available....and at that time, all I did was drink alcohol, socially....I just stood back and watched the reactions of those who were doing these drugs....many friends went on to become drug addicts and Losers....

We've had drug addiction in our family and it all started with cigarettes, then to Pot....then to other drugs which were highly addictive.....and I do believe that Pot can be addictive....

And to say..."a little Pot never hurt anyone"...which can ring true...if that person has the state of mind to do it socially and not everyday....Same thing with alcohol....Just knowing your own limitations.

My feelings are that some people start off with cigarettes, then go to Pot...after that, it's other drugs that are available to them, and if their friends are doing it, then more than likely, they will try it.

I'm a strong-mined person. And went to many parties where all kind of drugs were available....and at that time, all I did was drink alcohol, socially....I just stood back and watched the reactions of those who were doing these drugs....many friends went on to become drug addicts and Losers....

We've had drug addiction in our family and it all started with cigarettes, then to Pot....then to other drugs which were highly addictive.....and I do believe that Pot can be addictive....

And to say..."a little Pot never hurt anyone"...which can ring true...if that person has the state of mind to do it socially and not everyday....Same thing with alcohol....Just knowing your own limitations.
I had a young relative who started with pot after graduating from college. From there, he went to harder drugs and alcohol. He was hooked, had some DUI's, got into trouble with family. Eventually, he went to long-term rehab, and now lives a productive clean and sober life. (I've condensed the story for space.) In addition to the rehab period, he lived with us for several months as a "half-way" environment, getting far away from his home state and old friends (bad influences). He needed a completely new start in life.

My dad was an alcoholic. He never quit drinking, and eventually died at age 66 from liver disease. His last few years were terrible, physically and mentally.

My MIL's health (rather, lack of health) is showing the results of tobacco addiction. She quit smoking only when she had to be on oxygen, 24/7. Terrible. :(

Yes, I can find lots of examples of people whose lives suffered from the abuse of chemicals. Funny, I can't think of any whose lives benefitted from using tobacco, alcohol, pot, or any other drugs. :hmm:

Not to mention, how much money is spent on tobacco, alcohol, and drugs.

Let me make sure I am reading you correctly. Are you saying that if people who are addicted to drugs are not because of their bodies needing the drugs?

No, I'm saying people are not genetically addicted to drugs.

No, I'm saying people are not genetically addicted to drugs.

I disagree.....same as for alcohol.....As for drugs, feel if 2 parents are addicts and do the drugs around their children...then the children are very prone to do the same thing......

As for alcohol...my father, older brother and 2 sisters were alcoholics.....my mother drank a lot also....I did drink too...but haven't touched any alcohol in 15 years.

I've also seen "crack addicted" babies (newborns) in ICU....it's horrific and heart-breaking to see this. And the mother was addicted to drugs.....same thing as for alcohol babies.....and they grow up, at first without any symptoms....but those symptoms do come out sooner or later....

My own 3 adopted boys, their real parents were drug and alcohol addicts.....they had a lot of problems in their childhood....and it was very tedious when they became teenagers.....My oldest boy showed a lot of rage and he was an alcoholic baby....still has problems controlling his temper to this day.....

My suggestion is to stay away from any and all drugs....even alcohol...if you can't do it in moderation, with a level-head...and if you feel you need to take that drug or that drink....get help....

That's rubbish, complete rubbish.

Well I'm sorry yo fail to grasp it and feel some strange reason to overanalyze why young people dabble in drug use. To come to the conclusion that the reason anyone would do so is because they genetically predisposed to addiction is simply asinine.
No point in continuing this with you, since my opinions are "rubbish" and "asinine."

BTW, I "dabbled" in the world of drugs for longer than you have been alive. Watched friends die, incarcerated, etc. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

All this bickering about studies. This is another reason why it is so much easier to avoid all mood altering drugs. I don't have to worry about addiction, tolerance, cost, side effects, legality, genetics, society, job screening, etc. :)
No bickering from me. I lived it for many years. You could call me an unpaid tester. Glad it is in the rear-view mirror. No plans to drive through Dead-End Valley again.

Back