Friends that smoke too much Weed

Actually they were - pot is usually a drug that leads to other drugs and with them, it sure did....again, when you're friends do drugs, they're not your friends anymore.

Why are you blaming on weed? It's their dumb ass choice to try hard drugs.

I'm surprised you said "usually" because if that's the case, the world would be filled of crackheads. Clearly you have no idea how popular weed is.

There is no next high with a pot head, unless you're talking about the next day. First high of the day is the highest high of the day, after that it's just maintenance. ;) Speaking as a former pot head. Don't worry about, it's just weed, it's less harmful than alcohol. Now if they were doing meth or coke or heroin, then you can worry.

BTW there's no such thing as "too much weed". When you smoke a lot of it you develop a tolerance and you don't get as trippy as someone who doesn't. And it is physically impossible to OD on weed. it's the only drug, including alcohol, that cannot kill you if you do "too much" of it.

No I don't smoke anymore, it's just not my thing or something I'm interested in, but as someone who has a lot of experience with it, I don't see any harm it, and hold nothing against anyone who does do it.

you bet me to it
yep Me too, hell have a toke or twice just so you'd know what's it all about and leave it at that, but takes a will power to say 'no more' ive done it, move on...and chances are , they will move on but further down the track, and hopefully the curiousity doesnt lead to heavier stuff which can be dangerous, pot is nah, nothing to worry about, only thing really worrying about it, is its saps your motivation and thats when now you need it most, to get yourself sort for the working world...pot is a 'big test'
nothing more, like a test of how serious you are about what you want to do in life, be it playing around (for now) , or getting sorted for future (very soon), or what do you value in ? like dabble in alternative values, or are you judgemental or are you just serious about your own goals, end of the day, its your body, brain, your life.

often musicians, poets, artist smokes it, young ones, old ones (depends), accountants - i dont thnk so, police officers i dont think so, atheltes i dont think so!, football player i dont think so, but again i could be wrong...
its also about how strong you are about believing in yourself, if you are strong and can afford to play, but know when and what is real to land your feets on then fine, but if youre doing it because youre not sure, and your freinds is discovering before you and you must do what they doing, then it might not be worth it, as you're doing it for the wrong reasons and likely be lead on and get ripped off and fake freinds...so on
again like i said before, pot is a 'big test'

tests, your freinds, tests your true aspirations, tests your choice.

choosing not to do pot is NOT missing out on life, or much, its just another thing, but its also can be undesirable if you're not the right make up to back off at will.
its the test of wills.
id stop now, but they Do say it is pyschologically addictive - and it IS!
which falls back on everything i just said above.
if you dont like it or not comfortable then dont do it, but dont break off completely as one or two might change their mind and decide to hang on with you to do something else, then that's because they realised on their own terms/time, but not always, its never simple.

trust yourself is the best way for anything.

you bet me to it
yep Me too, hell have a toke or twice just so you'd know what's it all about and leave it at that, but takes a will power to say 'no more' ive done it, move on...and chances are , they will move on but further down the track, and hopefully the curiousity doesnt lead to heavier stuff which can be dangerous, pot is nah, nothing to worry about, only thing really worrying about it, is its saps your motivation and thats when now you need it most, to get yourself sort for the working world...pot is a 'big test'
nothing more

If someone casually smokes, yes, I'd agree with this.

However, if you have someone smoking 8 to 10 joints a day they can become mentally ill over time. That much intense drug use can change the brain. Sadly, I've seen it happen to people.

I knew a guy that smoked weed all the time and he does have mental problems especially with paranoia. To those that claim weed is good because it's natural, well snake poison is natural too!

Actually they were - pot is usually a drug that leads to other drugs and with them, it sure did....again, when you're friends do drugs, they're not your friends anymore.
Wrong. People that smoke pot are genetically inclined to try other drugs. That is how they crossed the threshold from using no drugs, to using pot. It isn't a case of pot making someone want to try other things.

Been there, done that. Retired. :wave:

I knew a guy that smoked weed all the time and he does have mental problems especially with paranoia. To those that claim weed is good because it's natural, well snake poison is natural too!
So are Death Cap mushrooms.

Too much of anything, natural or not, is not a good thing.

A healthy life mixes things up instead of following one course forever.

Also, the body changes over time, what you are used to as a kid is not what you are used to during middle age. And, what you can adapt to changes over time.

Your doper friends will probably not stop for 20 years or more. As long as they can find jobs without random drug testing, they will be happy to do absolutely nothing with their lives. Turning the page on the calendar will not cause them to panic, no matter how many times they repeat it. Only when they stop and look back will they begin to regret the time they wasted being wasted.

Your doper friends will probably not stop for 20 years or more. As long as they can find jobs without random drug testing, they will be happy to do absolutely nothing with their lives. Turning the page on the calendar will not cause them to panic, no matter how many times they repeat it. Only when they stop and look back will they begin to regret the time they wasted being wasted.

Wondering how Willie Nelson is feeling these days......:hmm:

Thats the thing though they are great people, but looks like space may have to become a optional solution for me, in order to remain friends. Feel like their just wasting away sometimes, life isn't about getting high, I don't mind drinking an having fun, but not when it becomes the only thing a person focuses on

gotta find a reason why they want to get high. getting high would means an escape from their reality/problem because a clock is an enemy. 1 hour of nothingness can be terrifying whereas it's a solace to me. hopefully they'll find a way to fix their problem.

Wrong. People that smoke pot are genetically inclined to try other drugs. That is how they crossed the threshold from using no drugs, to using pot. It isn't a case of pot making someone want to try other things.

Been there, done that. Retired. :wave:

Genetically, I think, is too strong a word. While there is certainly a physical factor due to the physical affects of drug use(it feels good), and some people might have a predisposition(genetically), the overriding factor is social.

It's certainly a stepping stone, but a physical one? I'd say it's more mental. If you stop drug use, the body(within reason) tries to repair itself. You might be genetically susceptible to addiction, but it's not requirement. The only exception, if you could call it that, would be a newborn addicted to drugs.

Genetically, I think, is too strong a word. While there is certainly a physical factor due to the physical affects of drug use(it feels good), and some people might have a predisposition(genetically), the overriding factor is social.

It's certainly a stepping stone, but a physical one? I'd say it's more mental. If you stop drug use, the body(within reason) tries to repair itself. You might be genetically susceptible to addiction, but it's not requirement. The only exception, if you could call it that, would be a newborn addicted to drugs.

the science disagrees. saywhatkid is actually correct.

Getting high, for the great majority of people, isn't an escape. At least, at first. It's a social tool like alcohol and it is used in a social setting.

Isolation comes much later once that social setting is no longer suitable.

The science is political, not scientific. The science is supported and paid for by those who want that result.

The very same people who are against medical marijuana are those for the war on drugs, which has been as useless as banning guns.

If you want to have a real conversation, keep the politics out of it.

The science is political, not scientific. The science is supported and paid for by those who want that result.

The very same people who are against medical marijuana are those for the war on drugs, which has been as useless as banning guns.

not that kind of quack science. I'm talking about real science... you know - with real medical professionals.

yup thats' right science and research are ALWAYS political it Never neutral

and i bloody loathe it when in the news they says "Research have found..."
its a downright dirty tactic to force opinions on people using 'science' because like they make out science is somewhat neutral, like maths in a way you 'can't argue with measurements' BUT limitation are still there, like "you can still arguement about how long you want it"
that's the thing people miss out

In every story there is a little bit of truth, it's what makes a good story.

The real science is heavy drug use hurts you and the long term affects are serious. This is not in dispute.

The point at which it hurts you, however, is not so easily scientifically obtained and this is where politics plays a part. This is were it becomes an all or nothing thing. And, this all or nothing view prevents medical use as well.

Like that gun that can kill anyone, scientifically proven, and should be taken away from everyone(for everyone's protection, of course), sounds simple doesn't it. After all, science proves that those that get shot get killed.

Back