Free ticket or no?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Let's say that you live in Chicago. Few of your friends want to come to Chicago to visit and needs a place to stay. They would like to sleep over at your house. They would like to go to museums and cruises. They have invited you to tag along. You are happy to tag along. Do you wish they would offer you something since you are giving them a free place to sleep? For example, maybe pay for your ticket for a cruise on Navy Pier or Shedd Aquarium. Maybe something else?

I'm simply asking if being invited to tag along with them is good enough? Would you require a free ticket or different perk offered?

You can substitute Chicago with San Francisco or London for all I care.

Let's say that you live in Chicago. Few of your friends want to come to Chicago to visit and needs a place to stay. They would like to sleep over at your house. They would like to go to museums and cruises. They have invited you to tag along. You are happy to tag along. Do you wish they would offer you something since you are giving them a free place to sleep? For example, maybe pay for your ticket for a cruise on Navy Pier or Shedd Aquarium. Maybe something else?

I'm simply asking if being invited to tag along with them is good enough? Would you require a free ticket or different perk offered?

You can substitute Chicago with San Francisco or London for all I care.

you can always say no. they usually buy me a lunch/dinner.

A guest should always take the host out to dinner at least once.

A guest should always take the host out to dinner at least once.

I tried to that when I visited some friends in OK and they kept telling me "No". I finally was able pay for passes for them to get into a museum .
It was awkward for my friends but they knew I wanted to see some paintings done by Native American . I agree you should take your host out but if they refuse it's best to let it go. You can always send a thank you note along with a small gift or bring one with you .

Are they coming to visit you or to visit the city? Did they invite themselves to your house or did you invite them?

I'm sorry but that seems rude to me if they're just using your place for a free room and then don't even bother to treat you to events or meals out.

Next time, tell them your motel went out of business.

Are they coming to visit you or to visit the city? Did they invite themselves to your house or did you invite them?

I'm sorry but that seems rude to me if they're just using your place for a free room and then don't even bother to treat you to events or meals out.

Next time, tell them your motel went out of business.

It happened earlier this year. They wanted to come and visit. We talked about it. They were 4 deaf people from different state. After discussing it, I had negative vibes about it. It did not seem like they wanted to compensate me.

They wanted to visit the city. It had nothing with me. I was invited to tag along as much as I would like, though.

I made up some stories of how I wanted to drink and drink. You know may be trade one of my nice bikes for A LOT of beers so that I would get drunk. That was enough to scare them off. I did not want to tell them that I had a change of heart. I knew that I would run them off with my idea. It worked out well.

My experience is usually free meals or them paying for gas to go explore the area. I have no problem, as long as they don't just decide to sleep here then vanish and only come back to sleep

Oh god, don't get me started with nosy people! They would have to be close friends to allow me to accommodate them, but my trust for acquantences has already been compromised once. :roll:

Oh god, don't get me started with nosy people! They would have to be close friends to allow me to accommodate them, but my trust for acquantences has already been compromised once. :roll:

Nosy people???? What ever do you mean??? Do tell inquiring minds wanna know!!!! Did something happen??? when,where, why, how many?!?!?!:laugh2:

Back