Free dogs are bad idea

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Sometimes, I feel tempted to get one of those free dogs and then find a good home for them because people don't know what they are doing giving out free dogs on craigslist. I have no interest in this dog, but I hope the dog ends up in a good hand. That is how I got my rottweiler.

4 month old male pomeranian

Hi all! I have an adorable 4 month old male pomeranian named Bear that I need to rehome. A very close family member of mine has become ill and I need to move in with her and be her primary caretaker. Unfortunately I cannot take Bear with me. I am not asking a rehoming fee. All I ask that he goes to a loving and caring home, as I have grown very attached to this little guy. He is up to date on all his vaccinations and will come with all his papers, food, toys, crate, leash, collar, and even some clothes. Please email me or text me if interested or have any further questions. Thanks for looking.

:wave:dereksbicyles,

I have Rotties too:D
I agree that mostly "free to good home" ads are a bad idea - they encourage a "throw-away" mentality in relation to living beings, as if the dog was a cabinet or a chair that you just don't want anymore. They also can make it easier for a "spur-of-the-moment" decision instead of a well-researched, planned out one involving the whole family, including other dogs in the household. This leads to more of "I didn't know he'd get that big/be so much work/bark so much/my landlord won't allow" kind of thing.
People can also get these free dogs and use them for cruel and other inappropriate means <bait dogs, junkyard, sell for drugs etc>

That all said, I'm glad your Rottie is safe with you.

be in trouble if find ya doing that in uk.poor little mites being used cruel

Dogs are for life not to be passed around from pillar to pillar.

I had troubles in my life that I have always made sure my dog (cat and other animals i had in my life) is well looked after WITH me as I made the commiment to give my dog the life he deserves. He's with me for life regardless...

Problem is with alot foreclosures, banks forced families out of their own homes which result need to move to apt and most apt don't accept dogs so don't blame on everyone. SOmetimes unintention event occurs, like lost job, can't keep up mortgage. That is whats happening.
Bad idea? I disagreed because of unfotunately events have occurs.

Problem is with alot foreclosures, banks forced families out of their own homes which result need to move to apt and most apt don't accept dogs so don't blame on everyone. SOmetimes unintention event occurs, like lost job, can't keep up mortgage. That is whats happening.

That's true. Our shelter is crowded with these victims, and they are begging for adopters. But they want people to be as sure as possible that they are in a good position to do it so the animal won't become homeless all over again.

A craigslist ad is a risky way of finding a good home for a pet. I'm a member of freecycle, and offers for live animals are forbidden on that site.

Seeking out an animal rescue group that specializes in that breed or class of dog is probably a safer route to take.

I don't like people who think of dogs as toy without give real love and care and well feed. I have seen dog become dumb as it being treat like that. You make me sick.

That's why I am such an advocate for neutering your pet.
I got one of my dogs free tru a grapevine - somebody was desperate to find a good home to one of their "accidental puppies".
Good grief, they had a male and a female, and they procrastinated with spaying and neutering!
they did it immediately after the fact -too little, too late, there were I think 6 puppies!
6 puppies!

It is a lot of puppies if you consider almost everyone of their friends already had a dog or two! themselves they had two..

Keep your pets fixed so they won't procreate,
and their off spring won't end up in Craigslist, Kijiji, eBay, local ads, etc
It's only the loving and responsible thing to do :)

Fuzzy

I thought these kinds of ads were banned... They should be. Dog fighting low lifes often get dogs this way and use them for their fighting dogs to kill. UGH! :eek2: :mad2:

agreed with you diehard biker.. i once adopted my "sis" dog which is 3 years old for only 3 days. it has aggressively barker and the tenants complained so i decided to returned to the owner. The owner couldn't take care of it because of budgets to support her 3 kids. (single mom isn't easy to be...) Her son interviewed with many people in craigslist and found one. It is now happy with a new owner who always be home with it..

I thought these kinds of ads were banned... They should be. Dog fighting low lifes often get dogs this way and use them for their fighting dogs to kill. UGH! :eek2: :mad2:

People will get free kittens and feed them to their pet snake.

i don't think it bad idea however the person who is giving away need to view the candidates for best results that would be benefit the best for being pet owner of their pet before giving it away immediately.

i don't think it bad idea however the person who is giving away need to view the candidates for best results that would be benefit the best for being pet owner of their pet before giving it away immediately.

if they bother to do that, then yes, but sadly some dont bother, OR some are misleaded by shitheads who lies just for the baits or killing glee , awful people!!

When my daughter when with her famliy to adopt a black cat from a shelter around Christmas time the person at the shelter told my daughter they do not like to to adopt out black cats during holidays. The shelter screen people too but there are also some people that made bad pets owner that find a way to hide it. My daughter got the black cat and he is very sweet.

I got my dog from craigslist for free long ago. There is a ban on that now cuz of the lowlifes that abuse this. Now there is a homing fee at least

last time i in states(tacoma)i saw guy with box of puppies out side burger king trying to sell dogs.i was horrified but people i was with could not see problem,they also no see problem with declawing cats,that barbaric and vet never do it here thank god

they also no see problem with declawing cats,that barbaric and vet never do it here thank god

I agree it's barbaric. Huge majority of people are clueless about cats anatomy, (any anatomy)
and doesn't realize what's involved in declawing

Drop the euphemism “declawing” which denotes a mere nail removal and call it what it really is—partial digital amputation.

It should be outlawed!

4 a.m. Vegan: The Cat's Claws (declawing)

The Truth About Declawing

People, if you can't stand a cat scratching- don't get a cat!
Is that simple!

Fuzzy

It is always better to check out your local ASPCA because when you adopt an animal there, you will get a record pertaining to their health, breed, and so on.

On the other hand, getting a free dog from a professional breeder or a friend that breeds dogs would be much better.

Back