Four years old killed by lawn mower!

Perhaps your comment applies to drivers out in Alaska, but in faster paced states, things can't just be chalked up to "impatient drivers." I am not lumping all elderly drivers together, but there are quite a few that, simply put, should not be on the road. My own grandmother is one of them, but I have little say in that matter. Highway speed limits here are 65 mph and when someone is driving 45 mph, it is a danger to other drivers on the road, period. All too often there's a story on the news about an older person going the wrong way down a major exit and so on and causing a major accident. I could go on and on about different scenarios, but I won't. I, for one, absolutely believe annual exams/tests should be mandated.

Saline Eyes said:
Perhaps your comment applies to drivers out in Alaska, but in faster paced states, things can't just be chalked up to "impatient drivers." I am not lumping all elderly drivers together, but there are quite a few that, simply put, should not be on the road. My own grandmother is one of them, but I have little say in that matter. Highway speed limits here are 65 mph and when someone is driving 45 mph, it is a danger to other drivers on the road, period. All too often there's a story on the news about an older person going the wrong way down a major exit and so on and causing a major accident. I could go on and on about different scenarios, but I won't. I, for one, absolutely believe annual exams/tests should be mandated.

:werd: I agree with you....It can cause accidents on the Roads/Highway..I love My Grandma but she drives too Slow and I am afraid that she might Hurt herself or other Drivers if she Drives below the speed Limit.

Saline Eyes said:

I used to live in faster paced states and I have a great patience while driving. I've seen some elderly people drives. Some people have no patience and they cussed at the elderly drivers for drivin' too slow... otherwise some people may get hurt themselves when speedin' up too fast. I've seen like this so many times and it is not always applied to Alaska. I have NEVER received a single ticket from the cops for over 20 years in fast paced states... believe me. It's how I have a great patience due to all this for bein' a good driver. Whenever I see an elderly people drives, I will just drive to another lane and leave them alone instead of boilin' up inside when people have no patience. People needs to learn how to be good spirit and try to be good drivers respectfully. I know about faster paced states...no wonder, people got accidents everyday when they have no patience...or pay not enough attention on the roads... or whateva. Just take it easy. Right now, I live in Alaska and I am usin' my own bicycle. LOL The reason I use my own bicycle is because, I want to save $$ for my future travels BEFORE I become feeble or an absent-minded old lady. LOL

DeafSCUBA98 said:
:shock: mowing the lawn while a kid is outside *smh* I will never let my son be around me while i'm mowing the lawn.. until he's old enough to understand lawn mower is dangerous.

EDIT: and other thing.. old people should relax.. not driving seesh old people stuborn

I agree... my parents didn't mow the lawns when we were outside..

I sure won't mow the lawn when my children are outside!

Back