For us, old timers

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a thread to be nostalgic....back in your day, what are you nostalgic about..

I am nostalgic for the simple things like my innocence, the baggy shirts that were popular in the 80s, and being in love with Duran Duran.

Cheesy, heh but just a fun thread to learn about what we miss about the old days.

Being ten years old and thinking that because I had an oxford cloth button down shirt, khaki shorts, and a pair of penny loafer shoes, that everyone who saw me would think I was rich.

And miss my Batman sunglasses for that year.

Also climbing up high in trees to survey the neighborhood.

I miss the hair does!! The baggy shirts and tight jeans!

The music back then when the electronic pop music came out!

The biggest thing I miss is hanging out at the rollar rink, skating!! (not talking about the rollar blades).

do anyone remember 1980's ugly sneakers called "sacco"? I could not find any where on site then i must have misspelled that weird sacco sneakers where i learned from the rollar rink. That white sneakers go along with the parachute pants with Black Zippers and and some zippers shirts with the colored scarfs. ugh boy it was a short fad. yup, i had bad taste in fashion.

I really miss putting a dime in the Coke machine and getting a 6oz bottle of Coca Cola.

I miss my banana seat bicycle with cards in the spokes for my "motorcycle".

I miss helping out in the school office on the old mimeograph machine and having purple copies of the papers.

I miss the days of riding in the car without seatbelts and going to the drive-in and hanging the speaker on the car window. they also had car hops who would bring you the food you ordered.

I miss watching "The Wonderful World of Disney" and then "Mutual of Omaha's Animal Kingdom" after that.

I miss watching Walter Cronkite on the CBS news.

As corny as this may sound, I miss my plaid school uniform, white blouse, and my oxford shoes (yes, we had to wear them) I used to have Duran Duran pics taped to my locker. I had some good memories of high school best school days were my jr high, yes , we wore the same thing except different color:giggle: As I entered hs, I still kept in touch with some friends who went to different schools and dressed wild at night:giggle: We were always dressed in black with short hair styles that spiked up and shaved hair. Oh man, this really making me blush lol I had hair like Bananrama (a female new wave band).

KristinaB! I remember riding my banana seat bike with a basket to collect old soda bottles and exchanging them for money.

I used to come home with a bag full of candy!!

32 cents a gallon for gas, I was too young to pay for gas and drive at that time.

Coca~Cola was 15 cents for 12 oz bottle, 10 cents for a bar of Hershey!

blast time roller skating, we don't see much Roller skate rink nowadays

Drive in restaurant, known as Eat N' Park. That restaurant chains still exist but no more drive in.

Drive in Theatre was very popular back then.

Carefree days! Fun Fun Fun!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Yes, the roller rink miss that too. Electric planet was a favorite hang out it was a video game place with MTV and eating chili fries at Arrays (local resturant).

I miss roller skating around the rink (we still have a rink but the kids in there are terrible). I also miss the bright colors and big hair. I had pictures of Poison, Ratt and several other bands plastered to my walls. I liked my uniforms too. We wore navy blue plaid skirts and baby blue blouses. I used to love walking down to the candy store and coming home with a ton of penny candies that I used to share with the kindergaten kids I walked home.

I miss the days when I could colour my hair using the temporary hair dye mascara.

Oh it was the "IN" thing!

stargazer_hair_mascara_general.jpg

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and NWA. :shock:

I miss the days when I could colour my hair using the temporary hair dye mascara.

Oh it was the "IN" thing!

stargazer_hair_mascara_general.jpg

haha i didnt think of that one dang. i had blue because i was so desperate to have blue eyes. so i put the blue liquid eye liner and blue eye mascara.

ahh, I remember that "banana seat" on bike <my bike also had some flags on long poles on it>, the roller rink, the "big hair", first MTV and climbing trees - and getting stuck :giggle:

Also do recall Duranb Duran, MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice, etc., I liked them all.

and "Big Wheels" kids rode on :lol:

riding my bike in the alley at my house, playing ball in the street when folks weren't watching;

smell of pastels and paints in high school art class and watching the plays the theater students put on

:hmm:

Jeans I'd roll up the ends, I would wear the very cheap white running shoes and use white tshirts. They were the hot thing to have!

bobo's (they make your feet feel fine :) ), boom-box, slinky, when Wizard of Oz was only on one night a year, Sanford and Son, Sat. morning cartoons (not today's crap)

Back when smoking in the workplace was acceptable and a time before political correctness. Everything was made with asbestos and there was lead in the paint. Ahhhh yes. Good times...

Back