Florida...the Sunshine State....

rockin'robin

Reaction score
We've had threads on New York and California.....Let's talk about Florida...

Ever been to Florida?..and ur fav City?....

been there several times. not by choice :lol:

me no likey.

Wirelessly posted

Give us some details RR, what are the best places and least places about FL?

I;ve been to Florida, but only in the Walt Disney World area. Too many big creepy bugs live in Florida! But otherwise, I love it there.

I've been there a lot. Played softball and golf at Disney World (ESPN Fields) Played in Daytona Beach too at Jackie Robinson stadium. Love all of the golf course there. Great state.

I grew up there. Mostly familiar with the Tampa/Sarasota/Orlando areas. The skies are fantastic and I love the ocean.

But it's also flat, has one season, and as Mimsy said, it's full of big creepy bugs. lots of them. I prefer Minnesota (where I live now). But I do sometimes miss the water. I like the sand, the reeds, the shark's teeth and waves.

As a baby I lived in Key West, and as an adult I lived in Pensacola. I've visited Gainesville and Orlando (Disney World). I liked Florida.

So many cars driving into the state of Fla i did NOT think the state would stay afloat. Relatives in Clear Water and Kisseemee. Jacksonville was nice.

Florida is beautiful, but sad is that Florida won the most death toll out of 49 states. :lol:

Florida is good for vacation, but not for me to live in there.

Wirelessly posted

Love it here. Reason? What other state can you take a boat 30 miles offshore in the Gulf and fish in shorts and flip flops in the month January?

Wirelessly posted

Love it here. Reason? What other state can you take a boat 30 miles offshore in the Gulf and fish in shorts and flip flops in the month January?

California.

I wear shorts and flip flops right now, today is 60 degrees warm.

In Florida, you will never want to open convertible car roof in June/July/August. :laugh2:

To answer your question, yes, and my favorite city is Key West.
I will go to Key West again this June for my friend's wedding. Look forward to it.

Have you been to Key West? I know many Floridians haven't.

Wirelessly posted

authentic said:

To answer your question, yes, and my favorite city is Key West.
I will go to Key West again this June for my friend's wedding. Look forward to it.

Have you been to Key West? I know many Floridians haven't.

I have. Several times. I love it. Love going to the reefs offshore and snorkling in crystal clear water looking at the colorful marine life.

Yes, been to Key West, spent a week vacation there....Love Jacksonville...and I still have not seen ALL of Jacksonville, it's so big.....close to the Beaches (especially Ponte Vedra and Jax Beach, Atlantic & Neptune Beaches also)...Sawgrass is superb too, great golf courses...and of course the Fishing is awesome too....

One of my fav's is St. Augustine.....love the old city, along with their cobblestone streets and their very quaint little hide-aways and their Beach is very nice too...along with FSDB being there.

Melbourne is a nice city...so is West Palm Beach.....Orlando & Tampa are a lot of fun.... Gainesville is a prety college town....

Most of all, I like the Weather and the laid-back people....Been in Jacksonville since the early 70's....left a few times...but always came back, it's "Home"....

Yes, been to Key West, spent a week vacation there....Love Jacksonville...and I still have not seen ALL of Jacksonville, it's so big.....close to the Beaches (especially Ponte Vedra and Jax Beach, Atlantic & Neptune Beaches also)...Sawgrass is superb too, great golf courses...and of course the Fishing is awesome too....

One of my fav's is St. Augustine.....love the old city, along with their cobblestone streets and their very quaint little hide-aways and their Beach is very nice too...along with FSDB being there.

Melbourne is a nice city...so is West Palm Beach.....Orlando & Tampa are a lot of fun.... Gainesville is a prety college town....

Most of all, I like the Weather and the laid-back people....Been in Jacksonville since the early 70's....left a few times...but always came back, it's "Home"....

I am actually mulling over a job opportunity on Amelia Island. The money is horrible but it would be teaching golf which I love. Plus it comes with a suite at the Omni and a food allowance and free golf. :) Seriously considering it.

Wirelessly posted

Babyblue said:
Wirelessly posted

Nice :)

Wirelessly posted

TXgolfer said:

I am actually mulling over a job opportunity on Amelia Island. The money is horrible but it would be teaching golf which I love. Plus it comes with a suite at the Omni and a food allowance and free golf. :) Seriously considering it.

Amelia Island is beautiful. The beaches along there is awesomes. I frequent there along with Little Talbot Island.

Wirelessly posted

Amelia Island is beautiful. The beaches along there is awesomes. I frequent there along with Little Talbot Island.

:thumb:

It looks really nice. I am going out there in a week or two to look.

Back