Florida...the Sunshine State....

Wirelessly posted

I have well water. Nothing like fresh spring water. Tastes like bottled water. Fl do have sulfur water which is gross and Iron water. Nothing that a filter cant fix

The western part of Missouri is far worse in my opinion. The whole underground water is sulfuric. I hated the showers there, smell is overwhelming. And my granny always boil the water to make sulfur go away.

I haven't been to every part of Florida, only Jacksonville, Miami, Key West, Venice beach section, and Tallahassee, and I see no traces of this sulfur water.

Where do you live?

Have lived in FL most of my life (born in Jacksonville, family moved for few years to upstate NY, then back to FL- moved to VA as an adult but moved back to FL in '07 to be close to my parents and siblings). Live about 30-45 minutes from Gainesville and St. Augustine right now and about an hour from Jacksonville now (small little county called Putnam- not the greatest place in FL but I like small towns).

I love the Disney area (in Orlando)- notice I didn't say Orlando itself because I am not big on big cities. But I LOVE Disney :) (it's like being in a different world- so much to see and do, you can never do it all!)! I also love St. Augustine. I could walk around the Old Town area for days just looking at things.

Sometimes I don't like the weather so much- I miss seeing snow (or having seasons for that matter!). But then I remember that I would have to shovel it if we lived where it snowed and it's not so bad :). I am also really fair skinned (and have reddish blonde/ auburn colored hair) so I burn easy (and I hate the smell of sunscreen) so summer I usually stay inside with the A/C and hide from the sun like a vampire!

Overall, I really don't mind Florida. If I could live anywhere, though, I might move to North Carolina, around Black Mountain/Cherokee area. Vacationed there once and it is SO beautiful- I would love a cabin in the woods there :).

Wirelessly posted

I have well water. Nothing like fresh spring water. Tastes like bottled water. Fl do have sulfur water which is gross and Iron water. Nothing that a filter cant fix

When I first came to Florida...we lived in "Marietta" and had sulfur water...I'm telling you...it was HORRID!....I gained a lot of weight due to the iron in it...and my bleached hair (blonde) turned Orange....and the smell!....

Water story was about a year or so ago. In a newspaper. I remembered it since it was an eye opener. Fla water source is shallow. Lots of drugs end up in municipal water. It is prevelant all over. Maybe worse in fla since there are more seniors? You don't taste it, need a test for chemicals.

Wirelessly posted

Lukin said:
Wirelessly posted

The western part of Missouri is far worse in my opinion. The whole underground water is sulfuric. I hated the showers there, smell is overwhelming. And my granny always boil the water to make sulfur go away.

I haven't been to every part of Florida, only Jacksonville, Miami, Key West, Venice beach section, and Tallahassee, and I see no traces of this sulfur water.

Where do you live?

North central Fl. We have several springs in the area I live. Water is clean!

Wirelessly posted

JadeSkye said:
Have lived in FL most of my life (born in Jacksonville, family moved for few years to upstate NY, then back to FL- moved to VA as an adult but moved back to FL in '07 to be close to my parents and siblings). Live about 30-45 minutes from Gainesville and St. Augustine right now and about an hour from Jacksonville now (small little county called Putnam- not the greatest place in FL but I like small towns).

I love the Disney area (in Orlando)- notice I didn't say Orlando itself because I am not big on big cities. But I LOVE Disney :) (it's like being in a different world- so much to see and do, you can never do it all!)! I also love St. Augustine. I could walk around the Old Town area for days just looking at things.

Sometimes I don't like the weather so much- I miss seeing snow (or having seasons for that matter!). But then I remember that I would have to shovel it if we lived where it snowed and it's not so bad :). I am also really fair skinned (and have reddish blonde/ auburn colored hair) so I burn easy (and I hate the smell of sunscreen) so summer I usually stay inside with the A/C and hide from the sun like a vampire!

Overall, I really don't mind Florida. If I could live anywhere, though, I might move to North Carolina, around Black Mountain/Cherokee area. Vacationed there once and it is SO beautiful- I would love a cabin in the woods there :).

Howdy neighbor. :wave: I am in a small county called Union.

Back