Florida...the Sunshine State....

I am actually mulling over a job opportunity on Amelia Island. The money is horrible but it would be teaching golf which I love.

Out of curiousity, would this be a head or assistant pro position and what kind of qualifications would be needed? Also what kind of wages are offered?

Wirelessly posted

I am looking into Miami , for a new job and be closer to mio amor :)

Wirelessly posted

Amelia Island is beautiful. The beaches along there is awesomes. I frequent there along with Little Talbot Island.

Oh yes...Little Talbot Island and Ft. George...and of course Mayport (good Seafood)...and fishing...

Out of curiousity, would this be a head or assistant pro position and what kind of qualifications would be needed? Also what kind of wages are offered?

It would be in a new lab based in a resort working for a long time golf buddy/rival. We didn't discuss salary. I would do it for free.

Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:
Wirelessly posted

Amelia Island is beautiful. The beaches along there is awesomes. I frequent there along with Little Talbot Island.

Oh yes...Little Talbot Island and Ft. George...and of course Mayport (good Seafood)...and fishing...

Do they have the Ferry up and running again? Last time I was there it was shut down.

It would be in a new lab based in a resort working for a long time golf buddy/rival. We didn't discuss salary. I would do it for free.

Ok thanks. My son is in the golf industry and will be looking to teach soon so I am always interested in hearing about what is out there.

Ok thanks. My son is in the golf industry and will be looking to teach soon so I am always interested in hearing about what is out there.

There are lots of jobs but the pay is horrible. It's a labor of love. However, the perks are usually excellent. People going through the apprentice program usually make minimum wage.

Alright, thanks. Perhaps he will remain close to home for a good long while yet (which is fine by me!). He has been at a local course for two seasons now doing his practicum - great wages and compensation packages. This season he will be qualified as Asst Pro and, again, has been offered a great wage and comp package. His Class 'A' status is not far off which is why I am curious as to jobs and wages down south.

RR, my apologies for going a little off course on this thread (no pun intended haha). But I have to grab a little information and education where I can ;-).

Alright, thanks. Perhaps he will remain close to home for a good long while yet (which is fine by me!). He has been at a local course for two seasons now doing his practicum - great wages and compensation packages. This season he will be qualified as Asst Pro and, again, has been offered a great wage and comp package. His Class 'A' status is not far off which is why I am curious as to jobs and wages down south.

RR, my apologies for going a little off course on this thread (no pun intended haha). But I have to grab a little information and education where I can ;-).

Once you have a Class A the pay gets better here, but it is still low. $35k/yr I would guess. But then you get to give lessons and you can make a bunch doing that if you put in the hours. $125-200/hr is not unusual.

Just got back from a week vacation. Stayed near Orlando, headed to Clearwater to the beach one day. Honestly, it depressed the heck out of me. It's so flat and treeless. The weather is awesome in the winter, but I couldn't live there.

I liked the Conch Republic (Key West).

I've even visited the bridge where they used the scene from True Lies movie, the one at end where Schwarzenegger rescued his wife during chase on the car at sunroof.

Great food also. I loved Key Fisheries restaurant's Lobster Reuben sandwich :)

I read something about fla having the most toxic drinking/public/well water in the country. Seemed a better idea to drink ocean water than tap water

Florida is ok for me. I didnt visit enough. olrando, ocala, hudson, tampa, beverly hills they are ok. I have not been west key yet!

I am looking forward to visiting mio amor soon :) target date is April or summer <3

Wirelessly posted

I have well water. Nothing like fresh spring water. Tastes like bottled water. Fl do have sulfur water which is gross and Iron water. Nothing that a filter cant fix

Back