floppy disk

illustrator

Reaction score
Do you like it or nah?

As I know that from begin as iMac start introduce without floppy driver. Unitl just few months ago, Dell start have desktop without floppy driver, just CD-RW.

I like floppy disk because it's small, lightweight and seem useful for most doc files. But bad thing about that disk is... It's too slow.

Floppy disks will become extinct really soon. Everyone is using CDs to save stuff on. They hold more and they are more durable than floppies. Floppies are crap! :)

yes most PC still require floppy disks cause how are you gonna boot up to CDROM in order to install a Windows OS ?

Originally posted by PSORules79
yes most PC still require floppy disks cause how are you gonna boot up to CDROM in order to install a Windows OS ?

In future, will they still have to? :eek:

Not necessarily. Most modern day computers have BIOSes where you can boot up directly from CD instead of floppy. If you'll look around in any computer store, or at any new computer, you can boot directly from CD. That means in the near future, floppies won't be around. You'll be able to do everything from CD. Cool, eh?

94, no some pcs need floppy disk to boot into DOS in order to install Win XP

It's small and original. Some computers still use it. A lot of classes at RIT still use them so I think they should be left alone. The only way they should stop using it is if the smallest possible saved file is more than 1.5 MB.

floppy disks are alright, i still use it for homework or save pictures so it depends.

Originally posted by OldNavyGirl
floppy disks are alright, i still use it for homework or save pictures so it depends.

CD-RW is better for to put large pics on.

zip 100 is still good - faster than CD-RW - price is fair.
Still.. I do know that CD-RW are pretty damn cheap to buy. In fact, every new computer include CD-RW. Soon, in another few years, they would include DVD-RW!

Originally posted by illustrator
zip 100 is still good - faster than CD-RW - price is fair.
Still.. I do know that CD-RW are pretty damn cheap to buy. In fact, every new computer include CD-RW. Soon, in another few years, they would include DVD-RW!

CD-RW is better... it makes me feel like if need ZIP for ??

CD-RW can use both of this:

highspeed1_lg.jpg
worth 700mb if you prefer large capacity.

and this:

pocketcd-r4_lg.jpg
almost 200mb good for files and stuff.

That is why i support CD-RW cause it support few different medium not one like zip or floppies.

Originally posted by PSORules79
94, no some pcs need floppy disk to boot into DOS in order to install Win XP
I went to store for looking a new computer. So, they offer me most is cd with no floppy. I asked what happen to the floppy. They mention that they will be no longer in near future. Since all the CD Rw start to afford price to get one.

There are still powerful files that can be saved on those itty bitty disks. They will stay around for a very long time.

my theory... if OS come with more than 64-bit, will it cost more bytes than 32-bit? (just an example)

Back