flea problem, need help

Health,

Wha.. a joke? Gum.. r u trying to rip cat or kitten's fur out of it...
Doesn't make sense your comment rest of it.. Sound alike you made up the helping tip... I don't get anything find tip coming from website.... There's nothing tip works gum on kitten or cat's fur to rid of the fleas... I think you're trying rip their furs off... Bad Suggestion!!!

Liebling,

I'll try use garlic cloves and crushed tiny pieces on 5 kitten.. wait til 8 weeks over... I got tons of flea all over furnitures and cats and kitten... Drove me nuts... includes Dogs too.. *sigh* Have to wait til kitten turns 8 weeks old over... Ready wash them all EVERYTHING before move in new house.. :)

I read the tips recommend seems quite reasonable and same thing other website flea/ticks remove tips.. Totally matched your info.... Sound great!

Liebling,

I'll try use garlic cloves and crushed tiny pieces on 5 kitten.. wait til 8 weeks over... I got tons of flea all over furnitures and cats and kitten... Drove me nuts... includes Dogs too.. *sigh* Have to wait til kitten turns 8 weeks old over... Ready wash them all EVERYTHING before move in new house.. :)

I read the tips recommend seems quite reasonable and same thing other website flea/ticks remove tips.. Totally matched your info.... Sound great!

Just one piece finely chopped garlic, not whole garlic.

Fleas killed easily if you put bowl of water on the floor or whatever to near where your pets are.

I alway comb my cats with fleas comb first to remove fleas with soak paper towel before feed cats with finely chopped garlic... Fleas will not go in pet fur again after smell garlic...

*topic off*
How do you feel as Granny of 5 furkids... :D?

Just one piece finely chopped garlic, not whole garlic.

Fleas killed easily if you put bowl of water on the floor or whatever to near where your pets are.

I alway comb my cats with fleas comb first to remove fleas with soak paper towel before feed cats with finely chopped garlic... Fleas will not go in pet fur again after smell garlic...

*topic off*
How do you feel as Granny of 5 furkids... :D?

*chuckles*
I will take picture of 5 furkids... soon
and will create new post soon.. :D
Before and After.. :D

SpiceHD just told me I could tell you this: Fuck you. :fu2:

Only can she tell me whether to go easy on you or others and only can I tell her whether to go easy on you or others. :D

And....only the 'mod team' can tell you to go easy on any other member. Afterall, reading through this thread, apparently you're walking a thin line now. Above post was uncalled for...I suggest you either apologize or refrain from posting directly to another member here in AD.

~RR

That's the fact! My best friend took her dog to vet cuz she got fleas. And she asked the vet how? She aksed her if she got a cat. She said yes. Her cat escpaed twice and got fleas and fleas jumped onto the dog.

It is BEST to call vet to get a better suggestion.

No wonder my dog was going crazy. Yea all my pets went to vet last Monday and the doctor found no flea in my cats and there was flea in my dog. He never told me about that. So now they are on medication. Thanks goodness.

Well I dont know how much it is at your vet but I got my cats flea pills for only 5 dollars. Sounds like youd spend more than 5 dollars getting all these supplies have you checked with your vet to see if you could make a payment plan or how much pills are? Cant hurt to just check.

$5.00 for the medication. I hope you are not using Hartz.

This is why many vets require a blood work from your cat/dog before surgery to make sure they are not allergic to the anesthesa that they are going to be using for surgery. When one of my cats had to have surgery to remove mammary tumors a few years ago, they said they must do blood test to check and luckily she is not allergic so we were able to have the surgery done and my cat is doing VERY WELL today. :)

Exactly. You were also smart enough to take the animal to the vet, and NOT attempt to do the surgery by yourself at home. Some people would have read that other response, and thought "Oh, I can do this (anesthetize the animal)!"

But, some things should not be done at home! :ugh3:

Ok here's something I learned abt using honey... Fleas isn't attracted to it but I did find one there... However it did attracts houseflies lol. So water is best and still is.

If u have plm with houseflies use honey LMAO!

Ok here's something I learned abt using honey... Fleas isn't attracted to it but I did find one there... However it did attracts houseflies lol. So water is best and still is.

Ah, Thanks for the tip. At least the Honey helped you in another way by attracting the houseflies. It's funny when you try to do something for one goal but yet you discover something else down on the road. At least, It's all good when discovering something else down on the road.

Houseflies? Tell me how will houseflies attracted to honey. Can you please explain? Every morning there is several flies in the townhouse and I had to try to kill them all the times. I'm tired of it. Even tho all windows are closed. I don't understand. Perhaps a/c unit isn't good protest them from coming in or windows. I would appreciate with your suggests. Thanks.

If you need to hold the cat in place for bath, flea poison, etc, here is a trick you can do. Pick up the cat's skin by its neck--dont squeeze too hard but just enough to pick up its weight. Then hold the cat up with its hind/back legs off the floor and it wont move at all. Reason why--thats the place where momma cat pick up baby kitten to move to another place. It does not hurt the cat and I have done it dozens of times and there are times when I need another person to hold the kitty while I do the nail clipping. :) P.S. If you give the cat the bath, its tricky becuz you will have to hold the cat by its paws if it hates water so bad. ;)

LOL!

I used to have so many houseflies few years back but thanks goodness it never came back. I guess they hate me. :giggle:

$5.00 for the medication. I hope you are not using Hartz.

I used whatever my vet gave me but I know it wasnt hartz, it wasnt in the little box this came in an actually medication bottle and was in liquid form. We gave it to out cat and had zero flea problems after that, the vet also told us a big part of it was to give her frequent baths and to clean up everything in the house to make sure that even after she was rid of fleas she didnt come into contact with anymore. And a good ol cheap flea and tick collar has done the trick since.

I'm not a fan of flea collars.

*shrug* we kept it on her for about a month and then got rid of it, it kept the fleas off while we were still trying to make sure there were none in the house.

I dont like them either, but i like my cat not being in pain and itching a lot more.

Well, I have to tell you that I discovered that there is a mother who caused the troubles for your cat. Here reveals a mother of her flea children - see the picture:

devilflea.jpg

Well, I have to tell you that I discovered that there is a mother who caused the troubles for your cat. Here reveals a mother of her flea children - see the picture:

devilflea.jpg

Gee it even inherited my cute little horns!

No I took the cat from my neighbors, her name is max, i noticed that the cat was getting very very skinny, it was losing fur, and noticed what seemed to be burn marks on its tail. I called our local animal police and told them i thought something was wrong, the owners ended up giving the cat up rather than trying to feed it and take it to the vet so i offered to take her.

So she came with fleas, a skin condition, and whiskers that had been burnt off by the neighbors kids. So, nope, i didnt give that cat fleas or any of its other problems but i did take it to the vet and ended up paying a little over 400 dollars to take care of its skin problems and heartworms.

real cute though.

Back