FLDS--Standoff in Texas.

Let me take few quotes from Anonymous' blog:

Is that clue??

This situation has absolutely nothing to do with the Oprah show. It doesn't matter how the information regarding the FLDS ranch came to light. What matters is the reality of what these children have been forced to endure.

i dont know if we have exclusives interview on Oprah show about FLDS in Texas but we have wait and see if its would be official im hope so!

I know that they had some children with "special needs" according to the news reports, but the only thing identified by name was Down's Syndrome. But given the amount of intermarraige that had to be going on, one could naturally expect some birth defects.
Yes, I heard one of the mothers say that she was separated from her handicapped son. She didn't specify what his handicap was.

This is way different than Waco and Ruby Ridge, as there are girls and boys who aren't even old enough to sprout a pubic that are told who they are to marry, with no exceptions. If I was a 13-year old girl, even as young as a toddler, I sure as heck wouldn't want some smelly old man to enter me and claim me as his wife (I'm male, btw). Even if a woman forced it upon a boy, no way!

I agree the children need to be protected. It is still scary to think that you can't chose your own religion without being raided, like at Waco, but what do you do to protect these kids without stompin on the rights of a church? It is a delimna for sure. Scary and sad that our world is like that and the innocent get hurt.
Jesus is coming, and I am sad that he will return this garbage that we have done to our world. (love your logo) Jeanie.. still chasin the dream of a better tomorrow for all! :)

The rights of a church stop when the church starts abusing children and marrying minors to middle aged men.

I'm sure the DNA tests will reveal much information about what really goes on in the compound as far as sexual relationships and the parentage of children is concerned. I fear that much of what is revealed will be just as shocking as some of the things that have already come to light.
It's a good thing this was done. It would certainly make things a lot easier in court.

That's one important thing when it comes to "search warrants".

One charge cannot be made unless it is related to another charge.

If the police had a warrant to search your house for stolen 32" televisions and they found a bag of weed in your kitchen drawer, they can't add charges for possession of marijuana because it was in a place that you would NOT find a television. Therefore, the search was "unreasonable".

At first, they FLDS issue started with abuse. Charges of incest, statutory rape, etc couldn't be immediately brought to attention since it's not directly related to abuse. Now, everything is there in the DNA tests. It cannot be overlooked. So, if they do find evidence that some women were minors when they became pregnant, then charges of statutory rape could be brought forward... and evidence that they came from incest, then those charges can be brought forward as well.

It's a good thing this was done. It would certainly make things a lot easier in court.

That's one important thing when it comes to "search warrants".

One charge cannot be made unless it is related to another charge.

If the police had a warrant to search your house for stolen 32" televisions and they found a bag of weed in your kitchen drawer, they can't add charges for possession of marijuana because it was in a place that you would NOT find a television. Therefore, the search was "unreasonable".

At first, they FLDS issue started with abuse. Charges of incest, statutory rape, etc couldn't be immediately brought to attention since it's not directly related to abuse. Now, everything is there in the DNA tests. It cannot be overlooked. So, if they do find evidence that some women were minors when they became pregnant, then charges of statutory rape could be brought forward... and evidence that they came from incest, then those charges can be brought forward as well.

**nodding agreement** The DNA tests will provide the evidence needed to hold those accountable for fathering children with underage girls. It is, indeed a good thing.

**nodding agreement** The DNA tests will provide the evidence needed to hold those accountable for fathering children with underage girls. It is, indeed a good thing.

Never thought about the possible implications that'll come out through the DNA tests.

Would be very interesting to see what happens. Maybe many of those girls will be empowered and come forward once they feel that the outsiders will believe them and help them.

We'll know more next month or so, I expect.

Never thought about the possible implications that'll come out through the DNA tests.

Would be very interesting to see what happens. Maybe many of those girls will be empowered and come forward once they feel that the outsiders will believe them and help them.

We'll know more next month or so, I expect.

Oh, yes. Once they realize that they can trust others to help them, they will be empowered. I'm certain that many are unhappy with the situation they were forced to live in, but have been taught that this was the right way. They did not realize that there was any other way to live. It is a good thing that they are being shown that what they were forced to endure was not only wrong, but illegal.

Thanks for the update, Reba. I bet if they included in that number, all of the girls that have been sexually active with a "spiritual husband", but had not yet become pregnant, the numbers would be closer to 100%.
Good point.

What h appens when people blindly follow a church doctrine. Boys removed ...hence the girls crave affection from only existing males......and feel 'right' about it....cuz they have been told it is 'right' in thier church's view. In isolation they are brain washed....only belifs they know.
Systematic rape......with blindly following religion as the culprit. Even the mothers protect the rapers....cuz they blindly follow religion.

Any religion that teaches its followers to lie and be deceptive is bad news. If members of a religion believe that their doctrines and behaviors are righteous, then they should be glad to share them with other people, and be very open about their beliefs and practices. Any time a group is secretive, then something is wrong.

Back