FL. Loses Appeal in Terri Schiavo Case

they need to let her go period! and stop doing this to a woman who has endured too long she will never have a normal life considering all the therputical needs, her parents are just holding on to her body when they should just have the memories... micheal's right let her go on and live in peace and whoever was that that said its no one's business is also right... leave politics OUT of this cuz its not thier rights to butt in on others......

javapride said:
they need to let her go period! and stop doing this to a woman who has endured too long she will never have a normal life considering all the therputical needs, her parents are just holding on to her body when they should just have the memories... micheal's right let her go on and live in peace and whoever was that that said its no one's business is also right... leave politics OUT of this cuz its not thier rights to butt in on others......

:werd: :gpost:

ravensteve1961 said:
LETYS ALL VOTE FOR HILLARY IN 08!!! Teach the republicans a lesson!

That's not far off from what I'm thinking. I won't vote for Hillary, but I'm seriously considering changing my party affliation to Democrat.

Oceanbreeze said:
It is sickening. I am a moderate-liberal Republican, and it just makes me sick to my stomach when I think about how the Religious Right are trampling all over this case like they are. Our lawmakers simply have no right to intervene. I do believe that the Federal judge will take a look at the case, and come to the same conclusion that the state courts did. I am hoping that this judge will allow her death process to continue. I firmly believe this is the right thing to do.
Agreed. It is all about their political advantage. Nothing more or less than that. Heck, Bush's Texas law unplugged one baby in Texas. Where's the uproar? Virtually zero.

Schiavo is just a perfect scrapegoat for them to stab to gain some attentions when their rating is getting lower and lower due to these DeLay and Social Security issues. Two days ago, RNC even sent the memo to republicans and warned them that they may will lose approx 25 seats in 2006. That's how bad it is.

However, I am still unsure about this Schiavo case... I firmly believe that something is missing.

Addition: The new poll came in indicated that larger percent of the public does not support the Schiavo bill and other things.. I do aware that poll may be meaningless in some area but it got me thinking...

Last edited:
ravensteve1961 said:
LETYS ALL VOTE FOR HILLARY IN 08!!! Teach the republicans a lesson!

welcome back ravensteve. let's hold our pants to vote for the next prez.

back to the topic, christian talibans love to butt in family matters and tell what morals are. "let fool be fool" good quote by linuxgold and signature by Magatsu

I think it is cruel for a husband to go to the Judge in the first place.
Should have kept this family issue privately.
But no, he provoking and provoking the family and everyone...
Hurting people.

UGH!!

I pray for Terri....

*sigh*

If suppose Terri wanted stay live.. why He want her die ? Reason inheirance Terri's income ???

ravensteve1961 said:
You think hillary would sign that emergency bill. No way.

Whether she would or wouldn't, it's irrelevant. I wouldn't vote for her no matter what her vote would have been in the Schiavo case.

LuckyGirl said:
Hurting people.

I happen to agree with you 100% on this, ;) ..

I haven't read much about this, but it has been on the tv alot lately, then I started to read more and more about this story on TV, and I feel that this story really touch alot of people out here, and I'm one of them who feel really bad about this whole issue, and believe that the parents has every right to put a stop on ending her daug's life, and I'm on the parent side 100% on this now.....I don't think the husband loves Terri as much her parents do, and it does show alot.....I think the husband wants his freedom, and he will do anything to get his freedom is taking this to court, and I don't believe one min he cares so much about his wife, and the bull stories he spreading out about his wife either....I believe within all my heart that Terri has the right to live and I don't care what others think about this, because they're not the ones who's living in her shoes and it might be soo darn easy for them to say let her die!... :(

LuckyGirl said:
Hurting people.

I agreed.. He have long time girlfriend and 2 kids... He cant wait to get marry to his long time gf.. :roll:
and Terri's inheriance..
I dont know why Judges dont overlook why He does that.. why dont just Judge tell him to divorce.. and give responsible and guardian to her parents.. but her parents have been taking care of Terri ever since..

Yes, I'm agree with Luckygirl, Angel and Msgiglz.

I really don't understand those whole situation. The court should suggest Michael to divorce Terri and let her go back to live with her parent instead of battle in the court.

http://catholicism.about.com/cs/resources/a/terri03.htm

This is one really long debate weather Terri should live or die.
In this story I've read, how can people be so blind or the court that Michael is only looking out for himself not Terri's welfare.
When Terri had the brain damage, she had rehabilitation and was improving. She was learning again how to communicate. Then her husband decided to block all therapy and take out the feeding tube
Therapists today are saying that they could still help Terri communicate if given a chance. Terri is not sick. She has a disability, and like many people with disabilities, she needs therapy to help her muscles improve or not get any worse.
Where did it show that Terri has no life? I see that she needs help from therpists and from people that care about her, and believe that she has a chance at life. I don't understand some people here would rather to see her die than giving her a chance. Why is that?

In Terri’s case, her husband is living with another woman and they have two children. Also, if she dies, he will have most of the 1.2 million dollar malpractice settlement.

If she dies He gets the money duh! You think he gets nothing, but wake up he will.

Starvation takes seven to fourteen days to kill someone. Starvation is not a peaceful way to die.

Is that the right way to treat someone like Terri, starve her to die just because she had a heart attack in 1990, and suffered some brain injury? What have Terri done so wrong that does deserve that kind of treatment? :(

Terri is on her fifth day without a feeding tube. When her husband did this before, she did withstand five days without any food.

Soooo, Her husband done that before to her, Is that some caring and loving husband? He got away with this unlawful attempt twice already due to the fact that the public is not informed about the laws. Since when the laws says it okay to kill someone?

This is the conversation between Larry King and Michael in 2003,

http://www.libertytothecaptives.net/terris_wish_or_hubbards_hurrah.html

But this case also sets another dangerous precedent: the denial of medical treatment and rehabilitation services and regular food and water to people who are ruled to be poor candidates for significant improvement. It is currently against the law to deny treatment to any substantially disabled person:
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), 42 U.S.C. Sections 12101 provides that necessary and appropriate rehabilitation services and physical/motor skill therapy may not be denied a substantially disabled patient in the United States of America.

::::shaking my head::::::

:gossip: Now I heard from co-workers and said those other people said on the news that said,
"It time to write down your wishes on piece a paper and save in your metal box."

I looked at my husband and I wrote my wishes on piece a paper and put our metal black box where we keep all our deeds, wills, lawyer orders, and stuffs like that. I wrote my wishes down, if I end up like her, my husband will find the paper and proof that I want to died right now if the doctors say I am never going to come back.

It's time for yours.. You never know what happen in 6 hours or tomorrow. If you don't want your family to fight for you, you just want to have peace, get paper and pen and write down your wishes and put in evelope and put in your metal box or file cabinet. I have done with my son when he was 4 months old and I put down who is going to get full custody of my child if something happen to me and my husband.

You can start now, before it's too late.

CrazyRedHeadWV said:
:gossip: Now I heard from co-workers and said those other people said on the news that said,
"It time to write down your wishes on piece a paper and save in your metal box."

I looked at my husband and I wrote my wishes on piece a paper and put our metal black box where we keep all our deeds, wills, lawyer orders, and stuffs like that. I wrote my wishes down, if I end up like her, my husband will find the paper and proof that I want to died right now if the doctors say I am never going to come back.

It's time for yours.. You never know what happen in 6 hours or tomorrow. If you don't want your family to fight for you, you just want to have peace, get paper and pen and write down your wishes and put in evelope and put in your metal box or file cabinet. I have done with my son when he was 4 months old and I put down who is going to get full custody of my child if something happen to me and my husband.

You can start now, before it's too late.

It helps nothing when you write your wishes on piece of paper by your own but legally is go to Notary because it's legal.

The Schindlers maintain Terri would never have said such a thing, that it would be completely out of character. They emphasize that their son-in-law never mentioned Terri's supposed views when he sued her doctors for malpractice back in 1992 and won a judgment of $1.3 million that was to be earmarked for her care and therapy but was never spent for that purpose.
Sources: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=33877

He never spend it on her care and therapy?! Where did the money go?

the trial court (Judge Greer) found more persuasive what Terri did not do rather than what she was able to do. This reasoning sets the bar too high for someone in Terri's condition. Obviously, she is brain-damaged … [but] considering that she has had no therapy for years

See? It shows that she has no therpay for years why because Michael cut that off.

I treat many patients who have had diffuse brain injury, both anoxic and hypoxic (deprived of oxygen), and am familiar with states of impairment known as coma, coma-like, minimally conscious, and persistent vegetative state," she stated. In connection with her practice of speech-language pathology, she evaluates patients and teaches others how to evaluate swallowing functions.

Mele noted in evaluating patients for rehabilitation, the institute does not track the diagnosis made by caregivers, but does its own evaluations "because the misdiagnosis rate is so high."

Although she has not examined Terri in person, Mele did review all her available medical records, including those for physical therapy, speech and language therapy and occupational therapy given during the first two years of her disability. She studied the videotapes presented at the October medical evidentiary hearing, along with the audio recordings of Terri and her father.
Mele concluded Terri is not in a coma or persistent vegetative state

and...
Terri has had no therapy whatsoever in 10 years, and in Mele's view would benefit significantly from speech-language therapy, physical therapy and occupational/recreational therapy. If these were provided, "her ability to interact with her environment and her ability to communicate can be enhanced. Her quality of life can be significantly enhanced."

You read that? Terri had no therapy repeated no threapy for the past 10 yrs. so who's fault is that? Michael! Why can't people see that or the court or the government? My gosh! It's makes me so angry that people don't see the whole picture of what happened the whole ten long years. If she would have gotten the treatment she would had a life! But, nobody gave it to her.

Back