First Evaluation from Audiologist since years

Yes we do have a deaf school in riverside but I mainstream with an interprpeter.
Oh true, but just b/c you mainstream, it doesn't mean that you couldn't take advantage of the stuff that the Deaf School may offer. Maybe you could do afterschool clubs or something! You could also go to the summer program/camp. Then you could meet other dhh kids! I mean yeah its nice being mainstreamed and having lots of hearing friends, but man if I'd had an resource like a Deaf School as a teen, I would have taken advantage of being involved with it!

no! lol :) hahaha just SOME older ppl..wear the big clunky beige aids..and ppl associate deafness to older ppl lol...i'm digging myself a hole aren't i lol hahaha

no! lol :) hahaha just SOME older ppl..wear the big clunky beige aids..and ppl associate deafness to older ppl lol...i'm digging myself a hole aren't i lol hahaha

Yes you are.

I got beige hearing aids.

Regret it... only because it's hard to find them on a light carpet. -_-

yes :giggle:

actually, I've always associate silver hearing aids to older people because people tend to match their hearing aid with their hair. There, I dug myself in a hole.

Last edited:

haha thats tooo funny i love this board already

yes :giggle:

actually, I've always associate silver hearing aids to older people because people tend to match their hearing aid with their hair. There, I got myself in a hole.

haha i hope i dont dig a hole soon but yall are really cool
but my debate is where do i post different questions intead of them being everywhere on here?
well i have one deaf friend she suggested this site to me this site
she can't really speak though just sign shes really deaf
i see here many people have vary degree of hearing loss

true true especially the ones in the ears yukky lol

true true especially the ones in the ears yukky lol
do we post audiograms here?

Alicia your hearing aids are so pretty! but yeah I don't have money like that lol..
My parents are wanting to keep my roots i guess so I never had hearing aids before only when I was smaller. They think it's a deaf pride thing and only hard of hearing people wear hearing aid and people who want to be hearing. Please I'm trying to learn. I might not be right I'm just saying what my mommy tells me. She didn't want me to deny my deafness. She said hoh is mild-severe and profound is deaf and I am deaf I had no idea its tragic. So Alicia I'm so sorry for you. Not in a bad way. So you were hearing wow? Did you get sick? I'm so sorry that has to be hard. Thanks for letting me ask you Questions. And I do hope to get a cool color maybe put stickers if they are lame lol.
You are pretty young too like me **well im 16** lol....sorry I'm so young. Do you sign? Overall I think I have an issue witih acceptance because I would love to not be stigmatized. and the FM system does my speech recognition have to be really good? because if people aren't facing me I don't know what they are saying

yeah I think I should take advantage of them but my parents are all over me they want me to embrace my deaf side I don't quite get it I want my own I dentity it drives me nuts.

so AM i supposed to tell them what I hear them say words? right? I know about the beeping noises they did that when I was smaller I remembered a little and they made me raise my hand

ask for an FM system if you don't have one already. FM system is a mic the teacher wears....it's beneficial so that you can hear more:) If you have any questions just ask!

oh i have a ppic on my profile of my fm system hook up that i had when i was smaller
i posted the pic for u to see but i dont use it anymore because they provided me with interpreter everyone in my class knew I was deaf and picked on me and then the teachers didnt wear it half the time. I wouldnt mind using it again i guess...but I would like the teacher to still face me sometimes they think because they have it on they can't respect me enough to face me.

so AM i supposed to tell them what I hear them say words? right? I know about the beeping noises they did that when I was smaller I remembered a little and they made me raise my hand

As you get a older, they have you push a little button when you hear the beeps. When they do the speech portion, they will have you verbally repeat the word back to them. They will do each side (ear) separately, and then together and different sound levels.

I remember, when I was little, 6-10, they had me put little plastic pegs into a light bright whenever I heard the sounds. That was fun!! :giggle:

yeah I think I should take advantage of them but my parents are all over me they want me to embrace my deaf side I don't quite get it I want my own I dentity it drives me nuts.

deafness isn't always an identity that bond us together. It's the journey too.

I remember, when I was little, 6-10, they had me put little plastic pegs into a light bright whenever I heard the sounds. That was fun!! :giggle:[/QUOTE]

YEAH AND PRETTY FUN UR SILL THANKS

Alicia your hearing aids are so pretty! but yeah I don't have money like that lol..
My parents are wanting to keep my roots i guess so I never had hearing aids before only when I was smaller. They think it's a deaf pride thing and only hard of hearing people wear hearing aid and people who want to be hearing. Please I'm trying to learn. I might not be right I'm just saying what my mommy tells me. She didn't want me to deny my deafness. She said hoh is mild-severe and profound is deaf and I am deaf I had no idea its tragic. So Alicia I'm so sorry for you. Not in a bad way. So you were hearing wow? Did you get sick? I'm so sorry that has to be hard. Thanks for letting me ask you Questions. And I do hope to get a cool color maybe put stickers if they are lame lol.
You are pretty young too like me **well im 16** lol....sorry I'm so young. Do you sign? Overall I think I have an issue witih acceptance because I would love to not be stigmatized. and the FM system does my speech recognition have to be really good? because if people aren't facing me I don't know what they are saying

Thanks..I used to indentify as hoh when I first lost my hearing but now i am severe close to profound so i identify as deaf. They don't really know what caused my deafness they think its probably genetic. Ya I am turning 21 in a month! woo I will finally be legal everywhere and not just in my country lol I used to decorate my black hearing aids with diamonds...like the ones u can get for your nails or cellphone to add designs ...u can use those on your hearing aids...and the FM helps with speech...u can always try it to see if you like it...your school should provide FM for you I believe. This helps with directionality since if the teacher moves the mic goes with it and still picks up the teachers speech :) and No i don't sign....YET! lol I saw your pics...you have phonak aids too:) What is the name of the aids you are wearing? they look like phonak UNA's ...they should say the name on the aid? Lemme know:)

Back