Fire House! And IRL pictures!

wow did fireman have difficult time driving the huge fire truck?

:shock:, I never seen fire lanes on all NYC street before. if you can't hear fire alarm while driving on fire lane, what are you doing? Fine?

oh you'll know it. It's incredibly loud. so loud that you can FEEL it the vibration on you. you can't really miss it especially in NYC.

oh you'll know it. It's incredibly loud. so loud that you can FEEL it the vibration on you. you can't really miss it especially in NYC.

yes i could feel it the strong vibration and can hear when the fire truck got closer to me. I miss that sometimes when i got in nyc. Not here its weak. lol

yes i could feel it the strong vibration and can hear when the fire truck got closer to me. I miss that sometimes when i got in nyc. Not here its weak. lol

if the driver's not moving out of way with firetruck behind his ass, the fireman can blast their horn at full volume like NYC. I suppose that the siren volume is at its loudest in NYC because of too many inattentive idiots :roll:

I think the full volume can crack your window :-o

Here's us responding i was on duty for this call, it was a assist

I still find it amazing that the driver can navigate a long firetruck in NYC! It's a tough job, I know. They have to know what street to go to and what street to avoid otherwise they'll get screwed.

I can't feel vibrating from some fire truck but my hearing is little near it.

As a safe driver, I always watch for reaction of other drivers.. if they are moving out of the way, then I should too. And I check my review mirror frequently for emergency vechicles. I can't really hear sirens from the distant but I can see it. If they are close by and I have my hearing aids/ci on, I can hear them, but by the time I can hear them, I already seen them.

FDNY, do you know that some new fire trucks were donated from other states when twin towers fell into fire trucks last Sept 11, 2001? What is FDNY number to be donated?

All i know is on 9|11 or after it they donated new trucks to Companies that lost there rigs. are rig was 10 - 20 blocks away from WTC. i arrived at the world trade center 10 minutes before a plane hit the 2nd tower. I was in the first. I walked out with Rescue Companies. Are plans we're to go back into the first tower. But it collapsed before we got in. It fell. i hid behind a car. we made are way back to the rig, which did not start back up. It got repaired not a new one.

I could make a more detailed story about what exactly happened but i don't like thinking about it. It was Nine years ago so it doesn't bother me as much like 6 -7 years ago.

Yea my brother as a nypd, and it was his day off that day. He got a call after the first building collasped then the second ones that he got calls few times. He tried to get there as fast as he can, from long island to nyc. Same thing that he didn't give me the detailed story as well. I understand.

All i know is on 9|11 or after it they donated new trucks to Companies that lost there rigs. are rig was 10 - 20 blocks away from WTC. i arrived at the world trade center 10 minutes before a plane hit the 2nd tower. I was in the first. I walked out with Rescue Companies. Are plans we're to go back into the first tower. But it collapsed before we got in. It fell. i hid behind a car. we made are way back to the rig, which did not start back up. It got repaired not a new one.

I could make a more detailed story about what exactly happened but i don't like thinking about it. It was Nine years ago so it doesn't bother me as much like 6 -7 years ago.

:shock: you was safe when it collapsed. I was shocked and very sad to watch "9/11" CBS documentary on tv last spring of 2002.

:shock: you was safe when it collapsed. I was shocked and very sad to watch "9/11" CBS documentary on tv last spring of 2002.

That was a great Documentary......The look on the faces of the people that got off the elevator.....That sums up the whole thing. The got on the elevator to go to meetings or whatever.....and when the doors opened the world had changed.

Also the faces on the firefighters when the first plane went overhead while they were checking the manhole.....they had the "wtf?" look before the plane even hit.

Gripping doc. I own a copy. Watch it often. Helps keep things in perspective.

Awesome pictures,
I remember when I was 19 or 20. I was in Jacksonville, Florida at a red light. An engine came behind me with lights flashing. I was freaking out, vehicles were on both side of me no where for me to turn. Never forget the pissed off look on the driver of the Engines face screaming at me to Go! Go! Move! Move! So I did the only thing I could do. Ran the red light to get out of the way!

Awesome pictures,
I remember when I was 19 or 20. I was in Jacksonville, Florida at a red light. An engine came behind me with lights flashing. I was freaking out, vehicles were on both side of me no where for me to turn. Never forget the pissed off look on the driver of the Engines face screaming at me to Go! Go! Move! Move! So I did the only thing I could do. Ran the red light to get out of the way!
You did the right thing to disobey anything to let them engine pass. It occurs the same down here, if there is a blockage that you cannot move, you are allowed to disobey as an exception to allow the emergency vehicle to pass - no matter what situation you are in.

:cool2: pics :)

My nephew is a rookie fireman for CBFD in Canada. He has told me that he is turning into a hunk sort of and I have teased him about being one of the models for the firemen calendar.

Back