Fire House! And IRL pictures!

FDNY

Reaction score
So i saw a guy post white and WTF pictures. So id like to give you some pictures of my job and what i see everyday.

ALSO: Thank god for weekends.
379x250_021709a.jpg

2559490568_215a7c7152.jpg

2541367621_b269327af4.jpg

3090140754_3eb4cfbbbd.jpg

2558811011_82897fe743-1.jpg

Pretty simple. Thanks

-Brian

I work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday. And i get Saturday, Sunday and Monday off 4 days on 3 days off.

ok - I am wondering how do you tackle these traffic as in an emergency? Jiro don't answer the question

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4nTso9xUAU]YouTube - FDNY Truck 4 Responding[/ame]

ok - I am wondering how do you tackle these traffic as in an emergency? Jiro don't answer the question

in case of emergency, NYC has a lane only for FDNY - "Fire Lane" which is in the center of the street. All vehicles must be cleared out of it. :D

and plus.... we have tons of fire stations anyway. I have heard few stations have been shut down due to budget issue and because of that - the response time will be increased for that area by several minutes.... which is kinda bad. oh well.....

img_3999_copy.jpg

in case of emergency, NYC has a lane only for FDNY - "Fire Lane" which is in the center of the street. All vehicles must be cleared out of it. :D

and plus.... we have tons of fire stations anyway. I have heard few stations have been shut down due to budget issue and because of that - the response time will be increased for that area by several minutes.... which is kinda bad. oh well.....

img_3999_copy.jpg
Ok i understand now.

Nice rigs! :)

Just wonder where the station located at? Manhattan near the WTC area?

I work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Friday. And i get Saturday, Sunday and Monday off 4 days on 3 days off.

Cool. I think our guys here work every other day.....4 days one week and 3 the next.

Firemen get weekends off??? :dunno:

The proper word is firefighters. "Firemen" was an old term, now that we have women firefighters it is proper to call them firefighters as a general term for both men and women firefighters.

And anyway, my dad is a firefighter (and so was my late grandfather as well), and he does not get weekends off. Instead, he works 72 hrs on/48 hrs off shifts. Which means he gets 2 straight days off for every 3 days straight that he's worked. He also gets to trade shifts with another firefighter if he wants more time off for traveling or whatever.

However, my dad works for the city of Milwaukee, WI, not FDNY so FDNY's schedule may be different.

Back