Ferguson 'Protesters' Are Now Protesting That They Didn't Get Paid

Wondering if gay or deaf protestors get paid, too.

not likely.

the whole point of "paid protester" is to incite violent riot

Actually yes the gay movement hws plenty of paid agitators and organizors, and NO violence is NOt the only reason why a movement would hire someone for a certsin skill set. its not even a secret. Poli sci dep of major universities are where most agititors learn their skill set and often get jobs, with union agitition picket line work, or support or in other causes, one of which is the highly organized gay rights movement.
Professionals agitators and organizors are all through it. One reason why its been susscessful, both in courts nd with grass roots..
Deaf would do well to learn from it.

Actually yes the gay movement hws plenty of paid agitators and organizors, and NO violence is NOt the only reason why a movement would hire someone for a certsin skill set. its not even a secret. Poli sci dep of major universities are where most agititors learn their skill set and often get jobs, with union agitition picket line work, or support or in other causes, one of which is the highly organized gay rights movement.
Professionals agitators and organizors are all through it. One reason why its been susscessful, both in courts nd with grass roots..
Deaf would do well to learn from it.
Got proof that gay agitators/protesters are paid? Like a budget or documentation?

Organized protests I do understand and am sure there were plenty of these during the many gay protests- including Stonewall but paid? :hmm:

Got proof that gay agitators/protesters are paid? Like a budget or documentation?

Organized protests I do understand and am sure there were plenty of these during the many gay protests- including Stonewall but paid? :hmm:

its no secret. Nor should it be.
Why having paid peofessionals doing organizing, or media work, or out reach, or grass roots presence at local level is so hard to grasp is the question
Look
If you want to believe it all just sprang up from nothing cool.

I cant think of one sucssesfull movement for rights or liberation that did not have paid organizors, lawyers, agitators so on in its ranks....getting poid for their work, doesnt mean they were not or are not loyal. Or adherents to said cause.

There's a big difference between paying organizers who are taking care of logistics, and paying the protestors who show up to march and participate.

You can't tell me that all the American civil rights marchers of the 1960's were paid.

Now, if you mean paying union members to protest, agitate and coerce, I'll accept that.

There's a big difference between paying organizers who are taking care of logistics, and paying the protestors who show up to march and participate.

You can't tell me that all the American civil rights marchers of the 1960's were paid.

Now, if you mean paying union members to protest, agitate and coerce, I'll accept that.

Where did i write "ALL" regarding paid agititors? Or protestors?
Where ALL the protestors in baltmore paid protestors?
Of course not.
Who ever claimed this?
As for youd last line,
Indeed they do.

I am going with my gut. I think they wanted someone like the Unions to help the protesters get paid if they are going to be in jail or get hurt for emotional and abuse attack from the police brutality.

I used to be in the protest when I was a very young girl with my mother many years ago. I could not remembered what we had protest in. But my mother was worried what would happen if we had to go to jail or get beat up. So I was glad that we had a peaceful protest. So I guess we did not get paid in order to protest if something might happen to us. I don't know.

Just for emergency if they are going to be in a bind and the unions would not be able to bail them out or to send them to the hospital which would cost a lot of money for the bills. That is something to think about. :hmm:

The folks being paid are professional ACTIVISTS, people employed by some organization to assist the community in organizing effective protests, ensure the rights of lawful protestors are protected, help the community frame their grievances effectively, work to get press coverage of specific protest events, and brainstorm ways to keep the message on the 'front burner so long as possible or until the grievances are satisfactorily addressed.

The paid activists are NOT supposed to be facilitating looters or criminal acts. To the contrary the paid people should be trying to find ways to defuse anger and channel it into legitimate expressions of activism.

The paid protestors should also be training local community volunteer leaders to continue the 'struggle' after the 'professional' activists move on. So that whatever grievances remain can continue to be aired in positive and effective ways for howevver long is needful.

If required, to establish permanent organizations whereby those grievances can be continally addressed at every opportunity, in city councils, state and federal legislation, and so forth. Such as what various State and local Deaf advocacy orgs do on behalf of Deaf issues. At this point, some of the freelance 'paid protestors' might become permanent members in an aggrieved communityy and help to run the local, burgeoning advocacy org.

This, in theory, is what the paid activists are supposed to be about. If paid organizers are involved in criminal acts, they are gangsters, and they and their supporting organization are liable to prosecution under the law, possibly even under RICO.

Not endorsing any of this, just enlarging upon what so-called "paid protestors" do.

The folks being paid are professional ACTIVISTS, people employed by some organization to assist the community in organizing effective protests, ensure the rights of lawful protestors are protected, help the community frame their grievances effectively, work to get press coverage of specific protest events, and brainstorm ways to keep the message on the 'front burner so long as possible or until the grievances are satisfactorily addressed.

The paid activists are NOT supposed to be facilitating looters or criminal acts. To the contrary the paid people should be trying to find ways to defuse anger and channel it into legitimate expressions of activism.

The paid protestors should also be training local community volunteer leaders to continue the 'struggle' after the 'professional' activists move on. So that whatever grievances remain can continue to be aired in positive and effective ways for howevver long is needful.

If required, to establish permanent organizations whereby those grievances can be continally addressed at every opportunity, in city councils, state and federal legislation, and so forth. Such as what various State and local Deaf advocacy orgs do on behalf of Deaf issues. At this point, some of the freelance 'paid protestors' might become permanent members in an aggrieved communityy and help to run the local, burgeoning advocacy org.

This, in theory, is what the paid activists are supposed to be about. If paid organizers are involved in criminal acts, they are gangsters, and they and their supporting organization are liable to prosecution under the law, possibly even under RICO.

Not endorsing any of this, just enlarging upon what so-called "paid protestors" do.

NOT supposed and some do Very much facilitste looters or burnings,deoending on the ideology that drives them.
Ssme.goes.for anything
"not supposed to" is always different then.the reality when.it comes to people,
Cops are NOT suposed to deny you medicsl trestment after yiu rewuest it, nir kilk you whike in custody...
Some did just that...which is sepereate fro "not supposed to"...
So on

Looks like the "protesters" are showing their true colors. They want to paid to protest? Why does this surprise anyone, they probably spend most of their time looking for a free handout.

Laura

Looks like the "protesters" are showing their true colors. They want to paid to protest? Why does this surprise anyone, they probably spend most of their time looking for a free handout.

Laura

I dont knoW how wanting to get paid for work is looking for s.free hand out.
Someof these agititors go from protest to peotest doing what they have been.trained to do.
so u think they should only do it for free.
Cool
Bt fact is some.get paid.
There is always someone that will do something for free and others who will for pay.
When it comes to looting. And skill set is rewuired to get away with it these days, im not shocked nor suprised those with that skill set some anyway get paid to do what they do....
anyway

I dont knoW how wanting to get paid for work is looking for s.free hand out.
Someof these agititors go from protest to peotest doing what they have been.trained to do.
so u think they should only do it for free.
Cool
Bt fact is some.get paid.
There is always someone that will do something for free and others who will for pay.
When it comes to looting. And skill set is rewuired to get away with it these days, im not shocked nor suprised those with that skill set some anyway get paid to do what they do....
anyway
If the organization receives donations from the supporters, they send money to some protestors. That's fine with me because I don't give a sh*t.

What is this thread about? Other protestors complain that they don't get paid. What do you think?

If the organization receives donations from the supporters, they send money to some protestors. That's fine with me because I don't give a sh*t.

What is this thread about? Other protestors complain that they don't get paid. What do you think?

I think rhe article is close to bogus, but besides that, its true that some agititors wre pros, and some trouble makers DO get paid
i wouldnt be suprised if some also get ripped off, hence the complaint

I think rhe article is close to bogus, but besides that, its true that some agititors wre pros, and some trouble makers DO get paid
i wouldnt be suprised if some also get ripped off, hence the complaint
That includes arson/looting? If so, then the organization is involved since it pays them.

That includes arson/looting? If so, then the organization is involved since it pays them.

For sure...
I know many would like to believe the violence and arson was just a random o.organized outburst...
But
I believe both paid pros sencere to the cause (what ever it is to them) and volunteers have been in this since the before the first rock was even tossed..
Yes
I have no doubt paid dudes were a part of it.
my opinion anyway...

For sure...
I know many would like to believe the violence and arson was just a random o.organized outburst...
But
I believe both paid pros sencere to the cause (what ever it is to them) and volunteers have been in this since the before the first rock was even tossed..
Yes
I have no doubt paid dudes were a part of it.
my opinion anyway...
So if the organization pays a looter or an arsonist to start a riot, I pray that this organization goes down and get arrested as long as a DA proves they financed them.

Back