Federal judge orders Massachusetts to pay for killer's sex change

My opinion....

$X times 50/60 years behind bars until natural death is easy much more than $Y times 15/20 years until execution.

No, my opinion is not more valuable that other AD member's is but their opinion is not more valuable than mine neither. I'm entitle to mine, so what of you don't agree.

No, that's not true, death penalty is more expensive than life in prison without parole, at overall.
Study: States can't afford death penalty - CNN
The High Cost of the Death Penalty
Death Penalty*:*The High Cost of the Death Penalty
Costs of the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

Don't underestimate about how many years to stay in prison because most expensive part of death penalty is related to court, trial, appeal, defense and attorney, also when death penalty got approved so inmates usually have to spend a length of time in death row cell, and some of them do not reach execution date because they died due to natural cause, after 10-20 years or more in prison. Not all prisoners survive for 50-60 years, though.

I favor life in prison without parole for murderers who only kill one person but the story will be totally different for serial killers, like killer involved in movie theater shooting in Colorado.

No, that's not true, death penalty is more expensive than life in prison without parole, at overall.
Study: States can't afford death penalty - CNN
The High Cost of the Death Penalty
Death Penalty*:*The High Cost of the Death Penalty
Costs of the Death Penalty | Death Penalty Information Center

Don't underestimate about how many years to stay in prison because most expensive part of death penalty is related to court, trial, appeal, defense and attorney, also when death penalty got approved so inmates usually have to spend a length of time in death row cell, and some of them do not reach execution date because they died due to natural cause, after 10-20 years or more in prison. Not all prisoners survive for 50-60 years, though.

I favor life in prison without parole for murderers who only kill one person but the story will be totally different for serial killers, like killer involved in movie theater shooting in Colorado.

If a murderer is sentenced to life without parole, he/she gets free meals and a room and doesn't pay for utility bills for the rest of his/her life as taxpayers including the dead victim's family pay for those things. It's not right. So when the victim is killed, the murderer must die equally, IMO.

If a murderer is sentenced to life without parole, he/she gets free meals and a room and doesn't pay for utility bills for the rest of his/her life as taxpayers including the dead victim's family pay for those things. It's not right. So when the victim is killed, the murderer must die equally, IMO.

Yup, I know about your opinion but I will not support death penalty if they are too costly, cost prohibitive, however they have to limit the death penalty. The life in prison is just extremely miserable and I don't think anyone want to eat lousy prison food. I know that some inmates committed suicide to get their life out of prison.

California has too many death row inmates - over 700 and the execution only occur every few other years.

There is other solution: send troubled teenagers to prison and demonstrate about how bad is prison - like on Beyond Scared Straight and they will less likely to break the laws, including homicide. It is very successful program for sure.

Lets get back to the thread. Since we are speaking of "too costly" and "cost prohibitive", we have to use the same standards for this guy. This guy should not be allowed to make the taxpayers cover the cost of this too costly and cost prohibitive procedure. Fair is fair.

Lets get back to the thread. Since we are speaking of "too costly" and "cost prohibitive", we have to use the same standards for this guy. This guy should not be allowed to make the taxpayers cover the cost of this too costly and cost prohibitive procedure. Fair is fair.

I'm speaking about death penalty (#41, #43), not sex change operation, and your logic isn't well connected between my post. You need quit to twist my post and there are medical treatment for life threatening is expensive as sex change operation, especially treatment for cancer. It means you still have to pay expensive medical treatment (non-elective, required) for prisoners who suffer from serious illness. The cost of death penalty and sex change operation don't share same standard. I don't see any fair and you aren't making any sense.

Like I said in earlier, I DOUBTFULLY this case about sex change operation WILL survive in US Supreme Court. I know that US Supreme Court will never let like those so I'm not worried.

I hate to say this but I wonder if the guy killed his wife so he would got to jail and get the taxpayers to pay for a sex change. I want to know more about the guy mental health issues , I feel as a Massachusetts taxpayer I should know just why I am will be paying for this coward to become a 'woman'. I would like to know when did he decided he wanted the sex change , was before or after he went to jail.

I hate to say this but I wonder if the guy killed his wife so he would got to jail and get the taxpayers to pay for a sex change. I want to know more about the guy mental health issues , I feel as a Massachusetts taxpayer I should know just why I am will be paying for this coward to become a 'woman'. I would like to know when did he decided he wanted the sex change , was before or after he went to jail.
I think that he wanted sex change before he went to jail but probably couldn't afford it. His wife caught him wearing her clothes at home before he murdered her. That tells me that he wanted to become a transgender for a long time.

I think that he wanted sex change before he went to jail but probably couldn't afford it. His wife caught him wearing her clothes at home before he murdered her. That tells me that he wanted to become a transgender for a long time.

Well....dunno how I would "feeL' if I caught my spouse wearing my clothes....guessing it's a shocking thing and one that anybody would not ever forget....

This man is a Killer....why are the law-abiding American people being held responsible to pay for an operation to "make the Killer happy"??...

Yup, for transgender, the man was born with female brain and the woman was born with male brain, however it isn't individual choice about how was behave but oddly, this murderer looks unusual because he's male and his wife is female, if he wants sex change from male to female so it means two female. It looks like combined of transgender and lesbian.

I think it is very poor taste for this murderer to kill his wife because she caught him wear woman's clothes. The homicide isn't answer to solve the problem and he need start think about resolve the embarassed problem without break the law. I found that murderer is 60+ years old, that's too old for sex change operation and there will be a lot of complication, including fatal.

:roll:

I really dont care! :lol:

:giggle:...well....bring him over to Jacksonville...we'll Casterate him for FREE!...send him to that doctor who gives butt-enhancing shots (cement)....and some air balloons for his little titties.....I'll throw in a few of my dresses and some high-heels....

Yup, for transgender, the man was born with female brain and the woman was born with male brain, however it isn't individual choice about how was behave but oddly, this murderer looks unusual because he's male and his wife is female, if he wants sex change from male to female so it means two female. It looks like combined of transgender and lesbian.

I think it is very poor taste for this murderer to kill his wife because she caught him wear woman's clothes. The homicide isn't answer to solve the problem and he need start think about resolve the embarassed problem without break the law. I found that murderer is 60+ years old, that's too old for sex change operation and there will be a lot of complication, including fatal.

Poor taste huh? That is what you consider murder to be? Poor taste?

I consider poor taste to be something like wearing out of style clothing, or putting up cheesy paintings, or clashing colors in a house (poor taste in color, poor taste in art, etc.).

I consider murder to be a heinous criminal act. It is not something like "poor taste" in art. It was an act committed by a deranged and twisted MAN.

Poor taste huh? That is what you consider murder to be? Poor taste?

I consider poor taste to be something like wearing out of style clothing, or putting up cheesy paintings, or clashing colors in a house (poor taste in color, poor taste in art, etc.).

I consider murder to be a heinous criminal act. It is not something like "poor taste" in art. It was an act committed by a deranged and twisted MAN.
Maybe he meant poor judgment.

:giggle:...well....bring him over to Jacksonville...we'll Casterate him for FREE!...send him to that doctor who gives butt-enhancing shots (cement)....and some air balloons for his little titties.....I'll throw in a few of my dresses and some high-heels....

:lol:

You scare me... :giggle:

I was trying to find the upper age limit for the surgery but so far no luck.

I did find this site which was rather informative:

Transgender Support Site Home Page

The requirements prior to surgery were:

Requirements for Surgery

There are several reputable sex reassignment surgeons in the world today, and none of them will perform the procedure without sufficient proof that an individual has met the requirements. These requirements are not law, but are based on a set of Guidelines originally proposed by a Dr. Harry Benjamin.

As applied today, these guidelines require that a person seeking SRS must meet the following specifications:

Live for at least one year full-time in the new gender role (called Real Life Training or RLT)

• Engage in hormone therapy for at least one year (which can be simultaneous with the full-time experience)

• Gain the recommendation of a psychologist or therapist after an appropriate series of sessions.

• Gain a recommendation of a psychiatrist that surgery is not contrary to the mental health of the patient.

I don't think the guy in prison has fulfilled this requirement, has he? That would be nigh impossible in the male prison environment.

Also, from what I read at this site, there are actually two different conditions:

"For example, the term 'Gender Dysphoria' refers to people who are unhappy with their role because it does not support or reflect their gender identity. But people suffering from GENITAL Dysphoria are unhappy with their bodies, their anatomical sex, even though they might be quite happy with their gender identity."

It said that people with Gender Dysphoria don't necessarily need surgery in order to feel fulfilled in their new role.

Bottom line, to me, is that this guy in prison is trying to benefit from his crime. That gets no support from me. :mad:

Bottom line, to me, is that this guy in prison is trying to benefit from his crime. That gets no support from me. :mad:
FYI, he had laser hair removal for several sessions but the judge stopped it later. However I think he's still taking hormones pills to grow new breasts. So yeah, he's taking advantage of taxpayers' money. How did it happen? HIS LAWYER made it happen.

I was trying to find the upper age limit for the surgery but so far no luck.

I did find this site which was rather informative:

Transgender Support Site Home Page

The requirements prior to surgery were:

I don't think the guy in prison has fulfilled this requirement, has he? That would be nigh impossible in the male prison environment.

Also, from what I read at this site, there are actually two different conditions:

"For example, the term 'Gender Dysphoria' refers to people who are unhappy with their role because it does not support or reflect their gender identity. But people suffering from GENITAL Dysphoria are unhappy with their bodies, their anatomical sex, even though they might be quite happy with their gender identity."

It said that people with Gender Dysphoria don't necessarily need surgery in order to feel fulfilled in their new role.

This murderer isn't deserved to have a sex change operation, even no treatment or therapies at all.

Having a convicted of murder, terrorist, rape or treason charge already ruin the life in BIG TIME and can't be recovered at all.

Just discontinue ALL treatments for this murderer and let him commit suicide whatever he wants in cell, without any supervisor.

FYI, he had laser hair removal for several sessions but the judge stopped it later. However I think he's still taking hormones pills to grow new breasts. So yeah, he's taking advantage of taxpayers' money. How did it happen? HIS LAWYER made it happen.

I bet he is ugly as hell, probably most ugliest person in the nation.

Back