Federal judge orders Massachusetts to pay for killer's sex change

So a human who cannot pay for gender alternating surgery can commit a murder, go to prison and have folks like me pay for their sex change operation?

No wonder so many people are murdered in USA. Japan would not allow sex change in prison. USA needs to toughen up!!!!

This wouldnt be an issue with the death penalty......just sayin.

The only right he has is to humane treatment, food, clothing & shelter! By humane treatment it means his basic medical necessities are met!

Well, the prisoner's constitutional rights can be extended than those as you listed by court but only one way is to restrict the prisoner's constitutional rights by pass the amendment to state constitution that deny ALL cosmetic treatment, including sex change operation to all prisoners, regardless on disorders.

So a human who cannot pay for gender alternating surgery can commit a murder, go to prison and have folks like me pay for their sex change operation?

No wonder so many people are murdered in USA. Japan would not allow sex change in prison. USA needs to toughen up!!!!

It is depending on state to state, the court in Massachusetts allows but in other state like Alabama, California, Florida, too many to list - no cosmetic treatment for all prisoners. I doubt that federal prisons offer cosmetic treatment.

This wouldnt be an issue with the death penalty......just sayin.

Massachusetts doesn't have death penalty.

I found out about murderer only killed one person, but in my state, the death penalty is usually reserved for murder who kill more than one person, serial killers and terrorists. For murderer who only kill one person usually sentence to life in state prison without parole, unless victim families or prosecutors attempt to convenience jurists or judge to receive a death penalty.

Just think about this, there are millions of Americans that don't have sufficient health coverage and guess what? They have not commit any crimes, yet they were denied coverage while this scumbag who killed somebody gets special treatment on taxpayers expense? This is totally OUTRAGE, and UNACCEPTABLE.
Whats scares me is that, it could send message to anyone who wants free medical care, that they would get em if they kill somebody. Do, we the Americans want us send these kind of message across? I think not!

It is depending on state to state, the court in Massachusetts allows but in other state like Alabama, California, Florida, too many to list - no cosmetic treatment for all prisoners. I doubt that federal prisons offer cosmetic treatment.
The federal judge from U.S. District Court (not state court) decided that the prisoner has a mental disorder so that kind of surgery is necessary. WTF?

The federal judge from U.S. District Court (not state court) decided that the prisoner has a mental disorder so that kind of surgery is necessary. WTF?

Oh, my bad. I don't think it will survive in US Supreme Court.

". . . the treatment he was entitled to...."

Say what?!

How on earth is a convicted killer entitled to anything?

It's too bad his victim wasn't entitled to live out the rest of her life.

Maybe his prison buddies will take up a collection to pay for his surgery, as long as he stays in general population after.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

This is more than ridiculous! It is outrageous! The guy say he has a mental illness and has tried to kill himself 3 or 4 times as he is trapped in a man body and can't live that way in jail!! I do not want my money paying for this murder! It is going to cost taxpayers $40,0000 and we have homeless people living on our streets . Think of how that money could be put to better used.
The judge should be removed from his job as he is a crackpot!

Wirelessly posted

I think the whole thing is a ploy to get out of a male prison for life I also think its stupid for any judge to even consider allowing something like that to happen he is in prison not a luxury hotel

He will be send to an all women jail in New York . I agree with you , but the judge said the guy rights are being violated in getting medical care if the guy does get the sex change. The inmate has a 'mental illness' and that is causing him to to trying to kill himself and the 'cure' is to became a 'woman' ! What a load of SHIT!! I think the judge is the one with the mental illness!

I am trying to find out about his age. One article reported in Aug 2011 showed 62 so that means he's 63 now? Ain't he too old for sex change?

Massachusetts doesn't have death penalty.

I found out about murderer only killed one person, but in my state, the death penalty is usually reserved for murder who kill more than one person, serial killers and terrorists. For murderer who only kill one person usually sentence to life in state prison without parole, unless victim families or prosecutors attempt to convenience jurists or judge to receive a death penalty.

I know Massachusetts doesn't have death penalty , I live there. I think anyone that kill a person in cold blood should get the death penalty. I am sick of wasting good money on cold blood murders when our schools have to put on bake sales to make money.

I know Massachusetts doesn't have death penalty , I live there. I think anyone that kill a person in cold blood should get the death penalty. I am sick of wasting good money on cold blood murders when our schools have to put on bake sales to make money.

Amen! You have plenty of supporters on AD.

Amen! You have plenty of supporters on AD.

Who cares? I don't see your opinion as valuable than others.

I'm not death penalty fan, however I think it is reasonable for serial killers and terrorists. The death penalty, including trial is more expensive than sentence to life in prison, even there are many inmates on death row didn't get executed until 15-20 years, and some inmates on death row, died due to natural cause, instead of execution.

Who cares? I don't see your opinion as valuable than others.

I'm not death penalty fan, however I think it is reasonable for serial killers and terrorists. The death penalty, including trial is more expensive than sentence to life in prison, even there are many inmates on death row didn't get executed until 15-20 years, and some inmates on death row, died due to natural cause, instead of execution.

My opinion....

$X times 50/60 years behind bars until natural death is easy much more than $Y times 15/20 years until execution.

No, my opinion is not more valuable that other AD member's is but their opinion is not more valuable than mine neither. I'm entitle to mine, so what of you don't agree.

Back