FBI wants palm prints, eye scans, tattoo mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
Reaction score
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia (CNN) -- The FBI is gearing up to create a massive computer database of people's physical characteristics, all part of an effort the bureau says to better identify criminals and terrorists.

The FBI wants to use eye scans, combined with other data, to help identify suspects.

But it's an issue that raises major privacy concerns -- what one civil liberties expert says should concern all Americans.

The bureau is expected to announce in coming days the awarding of a $1 billion, 10-year contract to help create the database that will compile an array of biometric information -- from palm prints to eye scans.

Kimberly Del Greco, the FBI's Biometric Services section chief, said adding to the database is "important to protect the borders to keep the terrorists out, protect our citizens, our neighbors, our children so they can have good jobs, and have a safe country to live in."

But it's unnerving to privacy experts.

To read more, click here.

As much as I hate to say it, sure sound a lot what Minority Report and 1984 were foreseeing.

Crap, man. Whatever happened to just doing something illegaly and not getting caught?

The truth is that... They are doing it just for $$$

CLARKSBURG, West Virginia (CNN) -- The FBI is gearing up to create a massive computer database of people's physical characteristics, all part of an effort the bureau says to better identify criminals and terrorists

Definately a GOOD idea! Anything to help fight against criminals and terrorists.

Those people that are against it, do you have something to hide?

Definately a GOOD idea! Anything to help fight against criminals and terrorists.

Those people that are against it, do you have something to hide?

Are you familiar with the word, totalitarian? That's where America is headed for. One day, you won't be able to go anywhere without being tracked. It looks like the FBI is interested in becoming a KGB-type organization.

Your freedom is fading away, one piece at a time until it's all gone one day. People already gave up a lot of their liberties after 2001 when they passed the Patriot Act along with a bunch of other laws.

You'll be giving up even more by letting this happen.

Clearly, you have no concept of what privacy is and why it's important for us to preserve that right to privacy. It is the government's job to serve the Americans, not track every move they make. They are to fear the citizens, not the other way around. If you want to fear the government, move to China.

Are you familiar with the word, totalitarian? That's where America is headed for. One day, you won't be able to go anywhere without being tracked. It looks like the FBI is interested in becoming a KGB-type organization.

Your freedom is fading away, one piece at a time until it's all gone one day. People already gave up a lot of their liberties after 2001 when they passed the Patriot Act along with a bunch of other laws.

Clearly, you have no concept of what privacy is and why it's important for us to preserve that right to privacy. It is the government's job to serve the Americans, not track every move they make. They are to fear the citizens, not the other way around. If you want to fear the government, move to China.

Nah, Australia - please.

:eek3: Meaning when, I go to the Ladies room they will know!

American government just want more control over the people by keeping tabs on them. I guess the ol' Social Security card isn't as secured as it was before. Next thing you know they will be Micro-chipping us.

Interesting...

There are a lot of PROs and CONs for this. :dunno:

Vampy,

I believe if this does happen, and right now I cant see it happening. I can see them doing the same thing they do with driver's licenses and many other things.

When you go to get your passport or some other type of identification, this will be added on to that identification and they will just up the costs for each of us, thus paying for it ourselves.

I can see the need for it, but yet I dont want the government having anymore control over our lives than they already do.

Interesting...

There are a lot of PROs and CONs for this. :dunno:

It's becoming quite clear that the government is trying to create a country with total information awareness and such. They will collect all sorts of data and more. What they will do with the information is a guessing game despite their claims to using it to track down the terrorists and criminals.

The Nazi government passed a law requiring the followers of Judaism to register and wear armbands to identify themselves. Then the information was used to hunt down and kill the Jews. Who's to say they won't use the information for similar reasons? Like say, the Muslims? Not saying they would, but never say never.

If you are willing to give up liberty in exchange for security, you deserve neither. As far I am concerned, people are continuing to give up more rights rather than getting them back later. In the end, everyone will realize the horrific mistake they made in letting the government do everything without consequences.

I am scared of it. I don't want they invade our privacy that they taking away
our rights. Any government should be not invading my privacy

My sister is very personal person. She would against this law! What a lucky for my sister. She will be not worried about it because in 5 years later, my sister will moving to France, because she love French.
She is encouraging to live in France. I am happy for her.

:roll:

Why should you worry about it? You're not an American. Worry about Canada, we can take care of ourselves, always have, always will.

Oh that's right, Canada can't take care of itself, so we take care of Canada--militarily. Before you respond, think, who watches your airspace and waterways?

That's right, the United States.

Secondly, the law is going after criminals and terrorists. Not everyday people.

Texan Guy writes:
Just in case if the USA are f(bleep)k up, can I join you? heh

Just make sure the door doesn't hit you on the your way out.

maybe I shall led Texas back to own nation again. I will be your new leader to true freedom. Texas! Texas! Mary....

:roll:

Why should you worry about it? You're not an American. Worry about Canada, we can take care of ourselves, always have, always will.

Because you are my neighbour, and I'm a concerned neighbour. The actions your government take sometimes affect my country too as well. Politically and emotionally, that is.

I do worry about my country. No need to tell me to do so.

Oh that's right, Canada can't take care of itself, so we take care of Canada--militarily. Before you respond, think, who watches your airspace and waterways?

That's right, the United States.

Geez, what a tool. Of course, someone like you would think that.

Canada is a sovereign nation. We monitor our own airspace and waterways. Although, we are an ally of the U.S., and collaborate with them. We are to assist each other on both sides if needed. But from what I know, they do not patrol our airspace and waterways. Maybe the international waters, but not the Canadian ones. That's our territory to patrol. We don't even allow American submarines to patrol near the Canadian waterways by Arctic ocean.

Secondly, the law is going after criminals and terrorists. Not everyday people.

I expect the drones to believe every word the government feed them without questioning the motives. Do you think they are going to include just the criminals and terrorists' personal information without including the citizens' personal information? I am not talking about the current technology, what I am saying is that this will pave the road to a more advanced system where everybody's personal information will be included.

Please, let's be realistic.

After all, the US government did say that the SSN would be only used for one purpose for ever. Today, it is used for many purposes.

It's dangerous when the people don't see the need to question the government's motives. Not enough Germans did back in the 1930s and 42 million lives were wasted over a situation that could had been prevented in the first place.

maybe I shall led Texas back to own nation again. I will be your new leader to true freedom. Texas! Texas! Mary....

That's not such a bad idea, Texas itself is a huge state. It should be able to stand on its own as a nation. States can secede from the USA if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back